DBC 17 - The Complete Review! Please Answer the Poll!

To what extent do you agree with this review?

• Strongly Agree

Votes: 76 55.9%
  • Somewhat Agree

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • On the Fence

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Somewhat Disagree

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Strongly Disagree

Votes: 13 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

varunschuey

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  • Strongly agree
  • Somewhat agree
  • Neither agree nor disagree
  • Somewhat disagree
  • Strongly disagree
That's how you collect agreement in a balanced way. Not using three affirmatives, and a single polarising negative.

Thanks, I think I have the same apart from the Neither agree no disagree which is anyway a neutral choice....this is how it corresponds:

• Strongly agree - Completely
  • Somewhat agree - Mostly
  • Somewhat disagree - Somewhat
  • Strongly disagree - Not at all
[DOUBLEPOST=1482196359][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah agreed. I guess we all know what's going on here. Whether things change is a different matter. I'd rather they just updated DBC14 instead, that's a far better base for a game. Add in some sliders, the deeper career mode, and attributes mattering, and hey presto, what a game, job done.

Strongly Agree :)

varunschuey

Club Captain
...even better, just download the DBC14 hack, put it on a disk in a box + expanded player/stadium creator and charge the price of a dozen craft beer for it.
Nice to see that you are keeping an open mind on Bigant's failings mate.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Thanks, I think I have the same apart from the Neither agree no disagree which is anyway a neutral choice....this is how it corresponds:

• Strongly agree - Completely
  • Somewhat agree - Mostly
  • Somewhat disagree - Somewhat
  • Strongly disagree - Not at all
[DOUBLEPOST=1482196359][/DOUBLEPOST]

Strongly Agree :)

Nah you don't. The whole point is to use balanced language.

But I'm guessing you won't change because you're getting the results you were clearly angling for with the scale choice. Pointless

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A little upsetting to read the large plethora of negativity around the console release of the game. Might just wait until March/April to see if patches make any significant change to the game before considering again.

Also a little bit disheartening to see the lack of BA members providing any reassurance or further information.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
A little upsetting to read the large plethora of negativity around the console release of the game. Might just wait until March/April to see if patches make any significant change to the game before considering again.

Also a little bit disheartening to see the lack of BA members providing any reassurance or further information.

It's nearly Christmas. I am sure it has been a difficult release and now there is a ****storm of bad feedback. I wonder if they still have the desire to build on the franchise so well put together in 14. I don't want to say this because I had high hopes of a good game here, but give them some time.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

This statement is not true. Ross mentioned he has taken note of every stated bug and is looking into it. Matt also stated he will look into DBC 17 Batting. It takes time to investigate and come up with the next steps. I'm sure when they have performed their analysis and have more information to share, they will do so.

kulch

Club Captain
im sure they are little caught in the headlights from feedback and at the same time working hard to fix it.
I hope they realise once the honeymoon is over in DBC17 the divorce papers are in motion. im thinking about re-purchasing DBC14 on PS4 (because I only had it on PS3, and obviously the best cricket going around is still DBC14). DBC17 has the potential but its not even close to running as it should

varunschuey

Club Captain
1.png

varunschuey

Club Captain
Can you also mark the 3rd man/fine 3rd man area right next to the "Behind Square Area" as 'Not Accessible' as well? The cut shots go to the Square Gully area which is next to the "Cover Area" and not to the 3rd man region.

I think you can access the Third Man region through a Glide/Late Cut.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I think you can access the Third Man region through a Glide/Late Cut.

There's no glide and the late cut goes to Square Gully, not 3rd man. Try it out when you get the chance. Hit late cuts and watch the wagon wheel. You will see the cut shots go squarer towards Square Gully region with 3rd man area vacant. Check out my wagon wheel in the DBC 17 thread and you will see what I'm talking about.

varunschuey

Club Captain
There's no glide and the late cut goes to Square Gully, not 3rd man. Try it out when you get the chance. Hit late cuts and watch the wagon wheel. You will see the cut shots go squarer towards Square Gully region with 3rd man area vacant. Check out my wagon wheel in the DBC 17 thread and you will see what I'm talking about.
Thanks. Will check and update accordingly.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
How about you update the title and poll accordingly?

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Firstly, there is no option to update the poll choices, and secondly I don't see a need to update either the title or the poll options.

Because as I said previously, it's a subjective review, not the objective 'truth' and your poll options are heavily skewed towards agreeing with you.

I'll gladly update your poll options to a balanced scale that could yield results that would be at least somewhat valid

No problems with the post itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread