DBC 17 - The Complete Review! Please Answer the Poll!

To what extent do you agree with this review?

• Strongly Agree

Votes: 76 55.9%
  • Somewhat Agree

Votes: 29 21.3%
  • On the Fence

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Somewhat Disagree

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Strongly Disagree

Votes: 13 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Royce

Out of curiosity if you don't have it plugged into the internet, did you update the game after release?

You just hit the share button, save the video (it'll be the last 15 minutes of gameplay). From there you can go into your capture gallery and save that video to a USB, and from there upload it to youtube. There is functionality to do it from the PS4 itself, but if you're not keen on keeping it on the internet, then that's the best way to do it. In any case, you don't need it on the internet to use the share functionality.

Bowling is certainly a big strength, there are more realistic edges so far, which is nice. The fielders and such actually move more like people, which is certainly a plus. Greater control of game physics and difficulty are certainly nice, as is the potential for the new academy. The graphics for day night matches is beautiful at times too. It's a solid improvement in many areas, and it appears to have the potential to be a very good game in most areas.

Yeah got the update, even deleted it and re-downloaded to try to make something better happen :P

I mean, I liked most of the ideas that they had for this game, but even without the bugs, they've left out way too much stuff!! No career stats? No cover drive? I was all for the physics sliders until I realized it was impossible to bowl a bouncer without messing with them...

I dunno tho, I'm halfway convinced that the bug problems some of us are experiencing must be to do with having a PS4/XBOX serial number ending in 7 or something...

Alberts

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah got the update, even deleted it and re-downloaded to try to make something better happen :P

I mean, I liked most of the ideas that they had for this game, but even without the bugs, they've left out way too much stuff!! No career stats? No cover drive? I was all for the physics sliders until I realized it was impossible to bowl a bouncer without messing with them...

I dunno tho, I'm halfway convinced that the bug problems some of us are experiencing must be to do with having a PS4/XBOX serial number ending in 7 or something...

The bouncer depends a lot on the pitch. On a pitch conducive to bounce I've got a lot of joy out of it.

There do appear to be some odd choices for shot animations, particularly that weird hanging the bat out cut shot.

The choice with the career stats is odd, but I'm sure it's just an oversight.

varunschuey

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have renamed the thread and added a poll as suggested by Snowy....not because there was anything wrong....but to ensure that the discussion is not derailed (as desired by some) and that people have an option to voice their opinion. For those who already voted....please cast your votes again.

Aelfal

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I have renamed the thread and added a poll as suggested by Snowy....not because there was anything wrong....but to ensure that the discussion is not derailed (as desired by some) and that people have an option to voice their opinion. For those who already voted....please cast your votes again.

Only problem is you wrote "Strongly agree" twice

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
@varunschuey two strongly agree's? You gotta be kidding me. I strongly strongly agree :p

Alberts

International Coach

...you're joking right? There was a lot wrong with how you did it. Surely you have enough honour to admit your mistake and just get on with it?

Also, two "Strongly Agrees"... wowzers.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia

Thank you. Irrespective of your intentions, I think it supports your original post in a more reasonable manner.

varunschuey

Club Captain
@varunschuey two strongly agree's? You gotta be kidding me. I strongly strongly agree :p
LOL. That is a Typo. I hope my friend @SnowyCasanova can fix it as I do not have an option to edit it now.[DOUBLEPOST=1482209920][/DOUBLEPOST]
...you're joking right? There was a lot wrong with how you did it. Surely you have enough honour to admit your mistake and just get on with it?

Also, two "Strongly Agrees"... wowzers.
Thanks again for the enlightenment Sir Alberts!

varunschuey

Club Captain
Guys...check out this blog where I have posted the review...

Click on this link - blog

DBC 17.png

varunschuey

Club Captain
Can someone please guide me on getting this review out to the wider audience? I have created a blog but I am not sure it will have enough visibility. I feel a moral obligation to share this review with all the gamers out there so that they can make an informed decision on buying this game. Any suggestion or help will be much appreciated.

Alberts

International Coach
Can someone please guide me on getting this review out to the wider audience? I have created a blog but I am not sure it will have enough visibility. I feel a moral obligation to share this review with all the gamers out there so that they can make an informed decision on buying this game. Any suggestion or help will be much appreciated.

"Moral obligation", really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread