DBC Feedback & Suggestions Report

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hello guys.

My version of the feedback is just too big to fit into a post. 98,460 words to be exact. Thus I am going to attach a link to the PDF file that I had sent to Ross earlier. I wanted to share it with you people here.

I had spent almost a year writing and compiling this. And as I have talked about some new concepts in-depth, I would like you guys to read and comment on them.

Cheers.

LINK: DBC-FS Final.pdf - Google Drive

EDIT: The first 186 pages are actual content while the others contain trivial information put in one place such as Laws of Cricket, D/L calculations, etc.

Last edited:

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
300 Pages??? Are you are professional writer?
Anyway, good analysis of the game.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
WOW! :eek: Amazing 300 Pages :clap
When i will have time i will surely read the whole Book.
I am Sure that Big Ant will see this and would do something about Improvements.

grkrama

National Board President
Absolutely fantastic mate :clap

you are inspiring me to write my own book for dbc :p

Just skimmed through could have cut some pages though esp on cricket basics etc... will give a proper read later.

Like that feature of having match reports like finch comeback etc

Last edited:

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Unfortunately my iPod touch won't allow me to open this, but I'm very interested in the idea of a definitive guide to DB, I would imagine it would be very difficult to ascertain how the attributes work and how they affect each other during gameplay, the Football Mananager series has a fantastic forum with some very experienced players putting up guides, tactics etc, although I'm not comparing a game database the size of FM with DB, it would be a fantastic thing to own, also if made in conjunction with DB, it could also be a nice little money spinner for the BA team and the writers. If of course the guys at BA can work out what the attributes are actually supposed to do in the first place!

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
...even though slightly positively nerdy effort! :p:cheers

Slightly? ....and here I thought unleashing the photoshop Kraken was nerdy, I've been bested.

Basically, I'm asking does it have pictures?

Last edited:

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
300 Pages??? Are you are professional writer?
Anyway, good analysis of the game.

Haha no. I am not a professional writer although I plan on doing my masters in screenwriting. Thanks. :)

WOW! :eek: Amazing 300 Pages :clap
When i will have time i will surely read the whole Book.
I am Sure that Big Ant will see this and would do something about Improvements.

Thanks ARKRafay! Yeah sure do. And I hope they do too.

Brilliant effort and beautifully presented and easy on the eye to read......will give it a study! Massive even though slightly positively nerdy effort! :p:cheers

Lol :P Yeah like Biggs said I probably went full on nerdy. Hell I even highlighted the list of rules from MCC Laws of Cricket, ICC's Calculations for rain affected matches, etc. that are going to make sense for a cricket game. And thanks :D

Absolutely fantastic mate :clap

you are inspiring me to write my own book for dbc :p

Just skimmed through could have cut some pages though esp on cricket basics etc... will give a proper read later.

Like that feature of having match reports like finch comeback etc

Thanks a lot grkrama! Sure why not write your own, the more the merrier right? :D
And yes, could have cut, but I just thought if BigAnt wanted to add info for players who are new to cricket then let me compile them here as much as I can.

:clap:clap:clap:clap wonderful @SibiNaayagam. I will definitely will read through when I get time.

Thanks Daniboy95 :) Please do.

Awesome work. I think @Ross should offer u analyst job @BigAntStudios :yes

Haha, I am glad you think so :)

Unfortunately my iPod touch won't allow me to open this, but I'm very interested in the idea of a definitive guide to DB, I would imagine it would be very difficult to ascertain how the attributes work and how they affect each other during gameplay, the Football Mananager series has a fantastic forum with some very experienced players putting up guides, tactics etc, although I'm not comparing a game database the size of FM with DB, it would be a fantastic thing to own, also if made in conjunction with DB, it could also be a nice little money spinner for the BA team and the writers. If of course the guys at BA can work out what the attributes are actually supposed to do in the first place!

Is there any other way I could send the file so you can read it?

And yes, adding a robust attribute system will push the game towards a more strategic game, which is what cricket at its core is.
The attribute system is one of the features I have discussed in depth in my report. I would love to see that being incorporated, in any form.

Slightly? ....and here I thought unleashing the photoshop Kraken was nerdy, I've been bested.

Basically, I'm asking does it have pictures?

Haha...yes Biggs, there are a LOT of pictures. Especially the final appendix section; feast your eyes :p

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
@SibiNaayagam, thanks for your quote, you could email it maybe, but I don't know if it'll work as I use my iPod for that too!!

[email protected]

Check out the SI Games forum if you're interested in doing a guide, there are some fantastic guides on there from Cleon or RT Herringbone, llama3 and Rashidi. Im particular threads like "12 step guide" and "roles and duties". Its definately helped my understanding of the game as many of the attributes in game don't actually do what you'd expect, and affect gameplay as you'd expect, also their are hidden attributes that can be accessed through the game editor. Although its impossible to compare football and cricket, both in real life and gaming, and the budget difference SI Games has over BA, it may help.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Embarrassingly enough I haven't given @SibiNaayagam feedback yet for this great, indeed awesome, work.

I have read it, as a number of people in the office have, and it is only that I've been busy on the release of RLL3 that I haven't given due thanks.

We will be sure to do so over the next few weeks for sure Sibi.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
@SibiNaayagam, thanks for your quote, you could email it maybe, but I don't know if it'll work as I use my iPod for that too!!

[email protected]

Check out the SI Games forum if you're interested in doing a guide, there are some fantastic guides on there from Cleon or RT Herringbone, llama3 and Rashidi. Im particular threads like "12 step guide" and "roles and duties". Its definately helped my understanding of the game as many of the attributes in game don't actually do what you'd expect, and affect gameplay as you'd expect, also their are hidden attributes that can be accessed through the game editor. Although its impossible to compare football and cricket, both in real life and gaming, and the budget difference SI Games has over BA, it may help.

I have sent the mail. And sure I will go through them when I have the time. :)

Embarrassingly enough I haven't given @SibiNaayagam feedback yet for this great, indeed awesome, work.

I have read it, as a number of people in the office have, and it is only that I've been busy on the release of RLL3 that I haven't given due thanks.

We will be sure to do so over the next few weeks for sure Sibi.

Ross! Glad to hear from you. And yes guessed that you would be very busy. Thanks a lot :)

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I was going to write a long rambling post telling you how you could shorten this thing to make it both more approachable and more useful but then I realised that would be a little hypocritical of me; so instead I'll simply say that "less is more".

One thing I will say is that you don't need all those things after your bibliography and could easily have a solid document - you have the whole laws of the game in there and lots of those cover things like "how to remove debris from the pitch" which is never going to be in any sports game. Keep the things that you reference in your document, and bin the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread