dbc17 hacks: fearsome tweak v1.51

normal10

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hello again Franco! When will you release the next "Fearsome tweak"? and i again request to please please add batsmans strength , when ever you plan to release the update.

D

Dutch

working on it m8
Looks like we still need your magic franco. The game had come a long long way but might need your final polish to let iT really shine! Can you say what you are werking on at the mo and what you are coming across in terms of difficulties and possibilities?

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Looks like we still need your magic franco. The game had come a long long way but might need your final polish to let iT really shine! Can you say what you are werking on at the mo and what you are coming across in terms of difficulties and possibilities?

i just finished a tool that will be very useful (it allows to load your own custom scripts in the game, there was one in dbc14 too). About the game,
i might try to write a code that "converts" edges to missed balls. It was simple to do in dbc 14, will see if i can do it in dbc 17. With that you
could make a slider that lets you "balance" the edges/bowled (altough probably there will be more tweaking by Big Ant on this).

normal10

Club Captain
First it was waiting for the update, now waiting for franco! But "i might try to write a code that "converts" edges to missed balls" this is worth waiting for! but you will include "Increase mistake" and strength?

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
First it was waiting for the update, now waiting for franco! But "i might try to write a code that "converts" edges to missed balls" this is worth waiting for! but you will include "Increase mistake" and strength?

sure, it might need a couple of days, after the updates i will need to change something in the code.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
i just finished a tool that will be very useful (it allows to load your own custom scripts in the game, there was one in dbc14 too). About the game,
i might try to write a code that "converts" edges to missed balls. It was simple to do in dbc 14, will see if i can do it in dbc 17. With that you
could make a slider that lets you "balance" the edges/bowled (altough probably there will be more tweaking by Big Ant on this).

Amazing. Although it begs the question as to why BA don't do this?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Ok stop it now - convinced you are on a personal mission to make me buy the PC version :p

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
Amazing. Although it begs the question as to why BA don't do this?

it might be a balance problem, because a missed ball is more important that an edge, and the game is designed to not be
influenced too much by luck. Even with the timing/footwork error, is difficult to completely miss the ball. There must be
a reason on why one ball is an edge, and the next one is a miss.
However, this morning i will try to bat as long as possible with some middle order or tailenders and see if the computer can
bowl me.

SPOILER
a theory i have that might be a little wrong (or totally wrong), is based on how the AI works. When you bowl, as soon
you push the right stick, the game predicts the outcome of all possible shots, so it knows if a shot goes for 4, or is edged
or missed. Then, it restricts the number of shots to 8 or 10 and then it decides if it must be a wicket chance or not. If
it's a chance, then it picks one shot that creates the chance. HOWEVER, it's possible that there is no shots avalaible
for a lbw/bowled dismissal type (because it's difficult to miss completely the ball), then it most likely selects an edge or
some lofted shot. As i said, i might be wrong, but in dbc14 it worked somewhat like this.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
it might be a balance problem, because a missed ball is more important that an edge, and the game is designed to not be
influenced too much by luck. Even with the timing/footwork error, is difficult to completely miss the ball. There must be
a reason on why one ball is an edge, and the next one is a miss.
However, this morning i will try to bat as long as possible with some middle order or tailenders and see if the computer can
bowl me.

SPOILER
a theory i have that might be a little wrong (or totally wrong), is based on how the AI works. When you bowl, as soon
you push the right stick, the game predicts the outcome of all possible shots, so it knows if a shot goes for 4, or is edged
or missed. Then, it restricts the number of shots to 8 or 10 and then it decides if it must be a wicket chance or not. If
it's a chance, then it picks one shot that creates the chance. HOWEVER, it's possible that there is no shots avalaible
for a lbw/bowled dismissal type (because it's difficult to miss completely the ball), then it most likely selects an edge or
some lofted shot. As i said, i might be wrong, but in dbc14 it worked somewhat like this.

I do some batting occasionally, and I find I get bowled if I have the footwork difficulty slider above 70. Sometimes you can put what you think is a decent input in, and the batsman doesn't get exactly into line and gets bowled. Just like real cricket. Put the difficulty sliders around 70 and make it difficult for yourself.

I think the solution is to somehow make the AI's footwork less perfect. But I've no idea how that is done as I don't know the inner workings of the game. In BLIC 2005 you could get edges and bowled's. I don't know why in 2017 it is seen as such an insurmountable task.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
I do some batting occasionally, and I find I get bowled if I have the footwork difficulty slider above 70. Sometimes you can put what you think is a decent input in, and the batsman doesn't get exactly into line and gets bowled. Just like real cricket. Put the difficulty sliders around 70 and make it difficult for yourself.

I think the solution is to somehow make the AI's footwork less perfect. But I've no idea how that is done as I don't know the inner workings of the game. In BLIC 2005 you could get edges and bowled's. I don't know why in 2017 it is seen as such an insurmountable task.

just started a match and batted for 10 overs. I only missed one time, when i tried to push a full ball (blue marker). Then i got bowled
with a clear wrong footwork trying a ground aggressive drive. I edged 3-4 times also. I'd say i felt i was in control enough to avoid a
complete miss. I will try now some tailenders and then modifying the footwork slider.

What i meant with the previous message is that the moment the game decides to give a wicket chance, you must be lucky enough
to have a "miss/lbw" shot avalaible in the 8-10 final shot list (but there is a much higher chance to have only edges).

I think a bad footwork from the AI is possible, however it probably will not look great. It feels like the AI has no idea where the
ball is, at least this happened in dbc 14. The ideal thing would be to convert thin edges (that often go to hit the stumps) to missed
balls. But based on what? pure luck?

Users who are viewing this thread