dbc17 hacks: fearsome tweak v1.51

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
just started a match and batted for 10 overs. I only missed one time, when i tried to push a full ball (blue marker). Then i got bowled
with a clear wrong footwork trying a ground aggressive drive. I edged 3-4 times also. I'd say i felt i was in control enough to avoid a
complete miss. I will try now some tailenders and then modifying the footwork slider.

What i meant with the previous message is that the moment the game decides to give a wicket chance, you must be lucky enough
to have a "miss/lbw" shot avalaible in the 8-10 final shot list (but there is a much higher chance to have only edges).

I think a bad footwork from the AI is possible, however it probably will not look great. It feels like the AI has no idea where the
ball is, at least this happened in dbc 14. The ideal thing would be to convert thin edges (that often go to hit the stumps) to missed
balls. But based on what? pure luck?

I'd say even if it looked bad, well sometimes it does in real cricket, it is better than having hardly anyone bowled and one of the most fundamental parts of cricket (bowling at stumps) rendered pointless.

If you could tune "footwork" in the academy to how often this misjudgment happened then that would be realistic. But my question is why it doesn't happen already. The problem with such a conclusive and versatile academy is that it gives us the impression that there were some advanced workings going on with the AI, whereas when you delve deeper it all seems very simplistic.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I'd say even if it looked bad, well sometimes it does in real cricket, it is better than having hardly anyone bowled and one of the most fundamental parts of cricket (bowling at stumps) rendered pointless.

If you could tune "footwork" in the academy to how often this misjudgment happened then that would be realistic. But my question is why it doesn't happen already. The problem with such a conclusive and versatile academy is that it gives us the impression that there were some advanced workings going on with the AI, whereas when you delve deeper it all seems very simplistic.

When i created the minigame for dbc14, where the batsman would always execute a defensive shot, i had to manually had the shot to the "final list" of shots and make the AI select it.
80 percent of the times the shot would not be in the list, for example if you bowl a short ball in dbc 14 there is almost no chance that a front foot defence will be in the final list.
So, when the game decides that you earned a wicket chance, if there is no lbw/missed in the final list, the game has no way to create that dismissal type. It might be the reason
why is not so easy to fix the problem without breaking something else.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
these were two consecutive balls, the problem is hitting the stump. The shots were selected from the "final list", after i flagged them
as shots that would not have miss.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
these were two consecutive balls, the problem is hitting the stump. The shots were selected from the "final list", after i flagged them
as shots that would not have miss.

When calculating which final 8-10 shots to pick from, is ball hitting the stumps taken into consideration?

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
When calculating which final 8-10 shots to pick from, is ball hitting the stumps taken into consideration?

yes, all possible outcome are selected, and all the important data for every shot is avalaible

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
ok, it seems easy to introduce lbw/bowled dismissals (credit to Big Ant), so i'll work on this today.

Thanks for pinning the topic @mods

What a guy.

Would it be linked to ability? (i.e. worse players get bowled more), or would it be something random?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
ok, it seems easy to introduce lbw/bowled dismissals (credit to Big Ant), so i'll work on this today.

Thanks for pinning the topic @mods

Hey no mod did that, it was moi :p

When ball is hitting stumps how are you going to ensure lbw/bowled is a rare outcome. So many factors such as batsman/bowler skill, confidence levels, is batsman being set up etc etc

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
What a guy.

Would it be linked to ability? (i.e. worse players get bowled more), or would it be something random?

it will not be cheating, it's like a normal wicket. In this case should be very close to an "official" patch by Big Ant.

Currently when the game decides if the batsman will miss, it checks the skill of the batsman in the selected shot and
the average of all the bowler skills. So a less skilled batsman has a higher chance to miss.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
it will not be cheating, it's like a normal wicket. In this case should be very close to an "official" patch by Big Ant.

Currently when the game decides if the batsman will miss, it checks the skill of the batsman in the selected shot and
the average of all the bowler skills. So a less skilled batsman has a higher chance to miss.

Cream of the crop

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
added Tuning Chance v0.01

-increases chances for lbw/bowled dismissals.

The wicket will be a genuine wicket (without cheating), so you need to bowl well.
Didnt have time to add the fast loader, so it will load slow (almost 1 minute on my computer). Also i have tested very little,
tomorrow will update it. Tell me if it's working.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
added Tuning Chance v0.01

-increases chances for lbw/bowled dismissals.

The wicket will be a genuine wicket (without cheating), so you need to bowl well.
Didnt have time to add the fast loader, so it will load slow (almost 1 minute on my computer). Also i have tested very little,
tomorrow will update it. Tell me if it's working.

Is there supposed to be some sort of notification that it is on? I press START while in the menu and nothing at all seems to happen even after waiting

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
Is there supposed to be some sort of notification that it is on? I press START while in the menu and nothing at all seems to happen even after waiting

no, i assembled the program in 2 minutes. After you press start it will probably freeze for 1 minute, then it should work. I already started working on it again this morning, will update it soon.

Users who are viewing this thread