dbc17 hacks: fearsome tweak v1.51

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner

jonah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
version 0.15 (link in the first post)

-when you are fielding and batting you can use the custom camera pressing the right trigger on the controller.

However probably i will need to add an option to move the camera, is difficult to check all the field without moving it.

@jonah

Franco, you are indeed a legend :clap[DOUBLEPOST=1497972892][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh well in that case closing this thread now - if you can't even be bothered to make hacks for the consoles, such a simple task........:p

Come on Phil...forget all this console malarkey, you know it makes sense to get it on pc. It's the future...;)

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Come on Phil...forget all this console malarkey, you know it makes sense to get it on pc. It's the future...;)

But, but we were playing on PC in 2001, using our own innovative online format :p

jonah

International Coach
However probably i will need to add an option to move the camera, is difficult to check all the field without moving it.

@jonah

You're right Franco, it works a treat, but if the camera could be moved with the right stick, or pan out a bit to see the whole field, it would be perfect.
Great stuff though.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
You're right Franco, it works a treat, but if the camera could be moved with the right stick, or pan out a bit to see the whole field, it would be perfect.
Great stuff though.

is not difficult, i will just lock the rotation so you can move it with the right stick. Will try tonight or tomorrow.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
version 0.16 (link in the first post)

-you can use the custom camera to check the field when batting and bowling (when bowling there is a little glitch with the hud disappearing)

Press right trigger to use the camera and move it with the right stick.
Press C at the end of the over to set the camera on the opposite crease (i know is not ideal if you are far from the keyboard)

It will need a better interface but it works i hope.

D

Dutch

version 0.16 (link in the first post)

-you can use the custom camera to check the field when batting and bowling (when bowling there is a little glitch with the hud disappearing)

Press right trigger to use the camera and move it with the right stick.
Press C at the end of the over to set the camera on the opposite crease (i know is not ideal if you are far from the keyboard)

It will need a better interface but it works i hope.
Great stuff franco.....any chance of making the hud dissapear all together????? would love to have nothing on the screen except gameplay!

D

Deleted member 185125

Does anyone have any gameplay videos with the updates? Being a PS4 owner, just wanted to know what all I am missing on

D

Dutch

A vid highlighting Franco's patch: for the clarity this vid has the wicket chance box ticked: normally in the game you would not have this checked as it produces chances every ball....but it shows the variation you get in wickets with the patch and during the game it leads to much more variations in chances although AI still scores and sets good targets...

and it highlights the fielding camera view that you can use both bowling and batting by pressing the right trigger and moving the right stick to move around...all credit to Franco for his amazing technicolour dream hack!

Last edited by a moderator:

Plotinus

Associate Captain
@Dutch I'd really appreciate it if you could knock up a video to see the difference between the vanilla experience (post Patch 4) and the effect that this mod has. I was a huge fan of @francobaldo1's work on DBC14 but haven't looked at the DBC17 incarnation yet. Is it giving the game that final polish that we got with DBC14? I say final polish, for DBC14 I think it was an essential addition. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

EDIT: Looks like you posted whilst I was writing this...just waiting for the video to upload...thanks, in advance

D

Dutch

@Dutch I'd really appreciate it if you could knock up a video to see the difference between the vanilla experience (post Patch 4) and the effect that this mod has. I was a huge fan of @francobaldo1's work on DBC14 but haven't looked at the DBC17 incarnation yet. Is it giving the game that final polish that we got with DBC14? I say final polish, for DBC14 I think it was an essential addition. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

EDIT: Looks like you posted whilst I was writing this...just waiting for the video to upload...thanks, in advance
yeh vid is taking some time: should be up in ten.....the hack is essential to give the game the final oomph it needs....and is a wip so there is more to come i am sure....for example I would love to have the fielding position names gone......and all hud elements....just pure gameplay....

Is live now!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread