Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
General troubleshooting information for the PC version of the game:

Basic troubleshooting steps:

Verify Integrity of Game Cache -
In the main Steam window, right click the 'Don Bradman Cricket 17' in your game list, and select properties.

From there, select the Local Files tab and click the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache' button.

This will check the game install and redownload any incomplete or missing files.

Update your graphics card drivers -
Make sure your machine is using the best available graphics card drivers - the default ones installed by Windows are often insufficient for good performance. Where you need to go will depend on your graphics card manufacturer.

For ATI/AMD: Download Drivers
For NVIDIA: Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers
For Intel: Drivers & Software

If you don't know your card type, tools such as GPU-Z can detect it for you.

Getting support:

After you have done the steps above, and you're still having problems, sending us your save folder can assist in figuring out your problem.

Send us your save folder by adding the 'Don Bradman Cricket 17' folder from your 'My Games' folder in My Documents (typically C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 17) to a zip file and attaching it to this thread.

You can zip the folder by right clicking it, selecting 'Send to' and choosing 'Compressed (zipped) folder'. Then drag and drop that to where you type in replies on the forum to upload it.

If you do not have a save folder, that will mean the game has never successfully launched. To troubleshoot in this case - run dxdiag and attach the output to the thread. In most cases this will be because you do not meet the minimum system requirements for running the game.

Last edited:

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Later this month.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Release is on 15th Jan..Not sure any preload time is given..

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
Date isn't confirmed, they did say a month after console release but that was a while ago, so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Date isn't confirmed, they did say a month after console release but that was a while ago, so I'd take it with a grain of salt.
untitled-png.178715

It is..

Bluebagger

International Coach
So people didn't learn with the console release of this very game that pre-ordering is a bad idea?

Anyway, what version of the game will the PC get on release? It sounds like the game needs another patch will these things be fixed for the PC release or will there be a patch afterwards?

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Anyway, what version of the game will the PC get on release?

If I'm not wrong, it would be the latest as any patches made on Consoles are done on PC first and then ported to the console. Again, I can be completely wrong about this.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
If I'm not wrong, it would be the latest as any patches made on Consoles are done on PC first and then ported to the console. Again, I can be completely wrong about this.
with DBC14 the PC release had all the lastest patches as well as new stuff the consoles hadnt seen.....the PC version is brilliant as this becomes where all fixes are done quickly and tested and then released on consoles when perfected.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
the PC version is brilliant as this becomes where all fixes are done quickly and tested and then released on consoles when perfected

Which is why PC > Console :D

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Yeah I was a PC gamer once too, but the every two years upgrade was killing me ;) I've had my latest PC 7 years now, maybe it is time for an upgrade ;)

ABHIII

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I hope it's doesn't cost a bomb like console variants & also hope there is the option of broadcast camera viewing.
Yeah, surely the game will have bugs,(which game doesn't) but Bigantstudios shall patch it up time to time. Looking forward to buying it on steam.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Waiting.... Saw Ross's official announcemnt on facebook too!

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Waiting.... Saw Ross's official announcemnt on facebook too!

I think I'll be waking up super early next Sunday, haha! Lots of downloading and last minute editing to do, as I want to be able to dive straight into career mode asap. :)

Reactions: DAP

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I find it strange that, with the game releasing in a week, there is no page for it in the Steam store. That means we have no price, no PC requirements, and no confirmed release date (apart from Ross's tweet).

Reactions: DAP

Users who are viewing this thread