Don Bradman 17 PC Now Available - General Discussion

Waxx123

School Cricketer
Man its so hard to get wickets and move up in career as a bowler because AI drops so many catches. I think AI drop more than 60% of the catches which is kind of annoying. I feel like that they improved the AI in PC version. The batsman play much more cautious now. They look for gaps and try to play into them. Which is cool but drop catches kind of ruined my bowler career. Since i only get to bowl 4 overs and missing out on wickets due to so many missed catches made me stop playing my career as a bowling allrounder. Can't progress with bat either because i come in at 5 down. Since it's T20 my player hardly ever get a chance to bat too. I am playing the game on Veteran with batting set to hard and bowling set to hard.

But all in all DBC 17 is a huge step forward from console versions. Batting feels better now not DBC 14 perfect but better. Bowling I think has been toned down a little. I got lot less edges as a leg spinner in PC version than I did in xbox.

Waxx123

School Cricketer
Sorry my bad..

Has the following issues been fixed in steam/pc version?

Batting
1. Drive from point to cover region Yes
2. Glance/flick to fine leg Yes I think so
3. Cut to fine third man Against Fast or medium bowlers yes but against spinner? No Psychic Keeper will catch it.
4. Late Cut against spinners (as wicketkeeper always catches the ball) No I don't think so
5. Straight drive against spinners (as they always field the ball) Yes gone are the superman spinners But now they can't even react to a ball moving past them 2 mph.
6. Backfoot drives Still not preferred option unless it's a red ball. against blue, green,yellow front foot is the way to go IMO
7. Batsman dragging the bat before the crease while running between wickets Somewhat
8. Current and required run rate? Yes, Also a nice touch if you are batting first the game now even shows projected score
9. Batsman timing meter feedback? Yes
10. Pull shot to full deliveries intead of glance This one is more of an error on player side. I don't like having 180 degree left a pull shot and slightly above 180 degree to glance. I like it in DBC 14 better.

Bowling
1. Can spinners ball wider as currently they tend to ball too straight no matter how hard u try They always could
2. Can we set field for all batsman just like in dbc 14 Yes
3. Easier way to navigate pre set fields just like in dbc 14.. right now its too cumbersome Navigation is still the same I feel like. I usually just set my own fielding. I never chose preset ones.

AI fielding
1. Right now its too easy to take singles of every ball. The fielders are too slow. Has it been fixed? It still is easy but do feel like batsman run a little slower now.
2. Does the wicketkeeper quickly dislodges the bails? Yes I have gotten quite a few wickets via stumping as leg spinner.
3. The AI many a times drops very simple catches even at veteran and legend difficulty. Has it been fixed? The rate of dropped catches is even worse now. From my personal experience in veteran mode AI drops catch 60% or more times (in local league stage)
4. The AI field placement? Currently they are too attacking i feel I feel like the AI definitely puts in more clever fielding placement now
5. Diving? Much less than before.

Career mode
1. Do we have detailed career player stats separate screen just like in dbc 14? Yes
2. Duplicate players issue? Gone
3. Dynamic line up just picks the best rated players. Has this been fixed? Haven't tested this one yet
4. International selection problem? Eg. England As far as I know it's fixed. Can be wrong.
5. Simulate match to increase stats issue? No need it increases properly now.
6. Not out doesnt count I think that's fixed too.

General
1. Can we play in custom created grounds without lag/stutter? Yes
2. Change line up issue in casual match Haven't tested it
3. Camera angles Haven't tested it always play with default cam
4. Commentary in general Just as broken as consoles.

I know its a long list but would be great if we could know what all is fixed.

I answered lot of your question or well atleast tried to. Hope I was of help.

Waxx123

School Cricketer
Most of the wickets I get in career mode by way of chip shots (Club T20)
Sorry what do you mean by chip shot? edges? or trying to chip to the leg side? If it's the latter I used to get a lot of wickets like that in xbox version. But now the AI play into the gap with perfection. Only time i get a wicket from those is if AI mistime and i get a leading edge.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Has anyone posted a screenshot of the new career stats yet? Haven't had a chance to get onto it yet (been sorting out the academy teams) but curious to see how much is there.

SaurabhSteel

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Can someone please tell why in the career mode I am getting random players in my India team even though I have downloaded the best teams from the server. And, also even though I am into my 4th season I am still unable to play spin with any sort of confidence. It is I believe because of the hit and miss nature of the off drive and cut which usually end up in the keeper's gloves.

Waxx123

School Cricketer
Can someone please tell why in the career mode I am getting random players in my India team even though I have downloaded the best teams from the server. And, also even though I am into my 4th season I am still unable to play spin with any sort of confidence. It is I believe because of the hit and miss nature of the off drive and cut which usually end up in the keeper's gloves.

Never play cut against spin. Guaranteed out.

Thehairygamer

Club Cricketer

The reason you are getting random players in the India team COULD be because the dynamic teams in career mode works now. I don't know myself but just a guess as to what might be causing it.

FollowOn

Club Captain
The reason you are getting random players in the India team COULD be because the dynamic teams in career mode works now. I don't know myself but just a guess as to what might be causing it.

No it doesn't work definitely not at Club level.
Its the only fix I care about along side cum stats tab.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
No it doesn't work definitely not at Club level.
Dynamic squads are not just club level - you could be seeing players promoted from domestic teams, or even generated players in the national side. You could check the name of the player against the academy to see if they are a regen or 'random' player.

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Only played half a season of shield cricket but do national players come in and out of the team when they are on tour? This NSW team is stacked with Warner, Smith, Lyon, Hazlewood and Cummins playing every game.

If not I think I might need to make some major edits to these teams

Edit: looks like players are in two places at once, while Smith is playing out a Matador cup game for NSW he's hitting a double century in a 3 test series in Bangladesh.

Would it be possible to take players out of their respective state sides while they're on international duty? Or is this not possible?

Last edited:

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Never play cut against spin. Guaranteed out.
Not true .. i play cuts to spinners all the time (off the front foot.. to yellow balls), but have had some late cuts not being caught by keeper as well, so it is possible, must be a timing thing.

FollowOn

Club Captain
Dynamic squads are not just club level - you could be seeing players promoted from domestic teams, or even generated players in the national side. You could check the name of the player against the academy to see if they are a regen or 'random' player.
Well I havent see a single player changed in playing XI in any club side yet and I am in to 3rd season. Also the player development for club players are extremely slow compare to user career player , I have only seen 1 ovrall skill increase in my team players after 3 season and that for only few players.
Dynamic lineup feature definitely not working as intended.

Hassan Ali

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is it better to play DBC 17 on ps4 or a pc? DBC 14 had the kit and bat options on PC, can I add the gray nicholls, gm bats and kits in the ps4 version for DBC or it is restricted to pc only? Overall which version is better the pc or the ps4?

Users who are viewing this thread