Don Bradman Cricket 17 First Impressions Thread

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
i think @MattW being involved was huge on this from the bowling experience perspective. i think BA obviously are they type of guys who would have learned and improved it anyway, but before he went "poacher turned gamekeeper" i think Matt shared a lot of the same frustrations we all did about the edges and bowling experience in general.

which of course means he is entirely to blame now for any issue in the bowling experience.

Franco's hack showing what was possible also.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hearing that tailenders are weak is like manna from heaven and makes waiting for the game a lot easier now. So that, I guess means, that this entire academy, this amazingly diverse editing tool actually matters now, changing the way the game and the players behave, instead of being something that in DBC14 only changed things cosmetically. From the looks of things we have seen Kohli and Warner smash things around on Twitch and others play more conservatively, meaning mentality is a thing now as well. Well done Matt

Spitfires2007

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Hearing that tailenders are weak is like manna from heaven and makes waiting for the game a lot easier now. So that, I guess means, that this entire academy, this amazingly diverse editing tool actually matters now, changing the way the game and the players behave, instead of being something that in DBC14 only changed things cosmetically. From the looks of things we have seen Kohli and Warner smash things around on Twitch and others play more conservatively, meaning mentality is a thing now as well. Well done Matt
That is great. Tell most annoying thing about the last game was that Tymal Mills scored a century. Glad it has been fixed to make it more realistic

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
That is great. Tell most annoying thing about the last game was that Tymal Mills scored a century. Glad it has been fixed to make it more realistic

It was Elton Chigumbura's 257 and Tendai Chatara's 101 against Johnson and Starc that did it for me. (After having Zim 180 odd for 6). The variation in players was a bizarre thing not to have in an otherwise perfect cricket game, and with the attention to detail in that production I guess it was obvious that things can be better now.

NaviN GandhI

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Champions League Winner
Profile Flag
India
Can you tell me if there is individual player ranking system in the career mode? and does this edition contain Big Cup games like World Cup, Asia Cup, Champions Trophy etc.??

Spitfires2007

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
How has the batting mechanics changed? so I can get practice in on DBC 14 if need be

kamy100

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Here is a video of when I was learning how to bowl properly! As you will see, there are edges!

If I get a chance to play this evening I will record some footage from second innings of the test that I am playing.

cd779

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Can you tell me if there is individual player ranking system in the career mode? and does this edition contain Big Cup games like World Cup, Asia Cup, Champions Trophy etc.??

Can't answer your question on individual player rankings, but a T20 world championship and a World Cup (called World Championship) are included in Career Mode. I believe there is also a regional tournament before every World Cup.

Fantazm

County Cricketer
Here is a video of when I was learning how to bowl properly! As you will see, there are edges!

If I get a chance to play this evening I will record some footage from second innings of the test that I am playing.

Nowt to do with your post really, but I hate that style of helmet!

I will be getting rid of any teams and players use of it.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

The indian batsmen appear very expansive, playing some attacking shots to perfect,perfect deliveries on good line and length in first 2 overs?

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Nice video, clearly s. becker was bowling quicker n got 2 edges in same area, while j.ashcroft was wayward n didn't got any edge.

Good to see byes going for 4 runs.

How about the pace of fast bowlers? Does it gives a good feel of bowling with zip?

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Haha I thought the ground announcer on the video sounded familiar!

Users who are viewing this thread