Don Bradman Cricket 17 First Impressions Thread

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Batsman also cut a bit too often instead of leaving the ball. Seen a few yorkers get cut, but not for six fortunately a la DBC14!

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Just had Warner caught and bowled misjudging the length off of the leggie. Aus 1-93 against Zim. Sliming all over the place

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I hope to God there isn't any "no proper celebration" complaint on that hat-trick.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
I can't wait for your response when Zimbabwe declare on 557-5 hahaha!

Haha yeah let's not go there. I don't think I will be hanging around here if Chatara hits another 100!

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Someone get me a bat pad!!

I've had a lot of fairly firm stuff go to bat pad. I reckon they may gobble one up. Going to play an ODI now though so unlikely for a bit.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I had a caught behind off Arron Lilley. Edges off spinners are brilliant. 10/10 goty

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Don Bradman Cricket 17 - Its Awesome and the Don is back with a bang!

Hello fellow gamer's and cricket enthusiasts. Let me begin by saying thank you and congratulations @BigAntStudios , @HBK619 @mikeymerren and @MattW. Since 7 PM EST I was refreshing the page of Microsoft store to buy this game.

Impression

Please let me start by saying I have just played one T20 match athough completely and my views are solely based on that match and other walkthrough of game I have done so far. I am not in any position to comment on the game completely. I started off by downloading the awesome teams @SnowyCasanova @Fissionmailed @karolkarol, @Munkeymomo and others have created. Yes I am an Indian and yes I will play with India in my first game(same old cliche). I then downloaded my stadium that I created via PC Academy. I started a casual T20 match at WACA with the lowest difficulty settings. Things have changed since previous version and selection of teams to match difficulties is no longer like previous one. Initially I was a little confused on to how to change lineups, then I released pressing RT and LT changes is if I remember correctly.

The match started in this beautiful WACA ground with correct adboards of KFC Bet360 etc. The night time match looks awesome. Australia decided to bowl first and Aaron Finch was hammered the lazy India bowling. David Warner was looking completely out of sorts but played run a ball innings. One thing to say is that the bowling experience you get is only possible in a BigAnt game. Wonderful and complete. So many different delivery types and its amazing to see. If you bowl in right areas with right delivery type I am pretty sure like real life you will see results. Batsman really came into pressure after few dots and gave their wicket away by playing rash shots in order to up the ante.

In came my batting and its a delight. The scoreboard pressure you feel once again can only come in a BigAnt Cricket game. Like the previous version this too being on lowest difficult dint mean every ball 6 unlike other games of cricket we have had so far. You work your way, get your batsman confident and then play big shots. I kept losing wickets but still was able to score decent runs judging I have never tried batting in nets.

Now coming onto the crowds, stadiums and yes GRASS, its beautiful. The atmosphere is awesome. The home team support when a six is hit or a wicket is fallen is awesome.

Pros

Based on my early impressions $59 is worth every single penny. The game has way too much of depth and will easily last 2 years helping BigAnt deliver once again a quality product DBC 19 :D. Also check that image of Kohli coming out to bat. Whoever made that face, with this game it just looks bloody damn good.

Cons/Suggestion/Feedback

There are no particular cons as we all know BigAnt support the product really well. Also I have just played one game and cannot criticize anything based on that.
Having said that, there are two things that I did not like personally
1) Back foot cover drive shot, looks ugly and I am in no position to explain better or how to improve it.
2) The broadcast/fielding camera while playing a particular shot revolves 360 degrees before actually stopping on fielder. What happens is till the camera does not stop its very difficult to judge where the ball is.

Other then that, thank you once again @BigAntStudios, you have bettered yourself and congratulations to the entire team for what is going to be a very successful product.

Images

View attachment 177930

View attachment 177931

Quick question... how did you download the teams from Fissionmailes, Casper, Munkeymomo etc.? I watched a couple of videos and you couldn't search teams created by users as the user ids were hidden coz of privacy concerns. Would really appreciate it if you can list the steps and user id for downloading the major Test teams, kits and stadiums.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Quick question... how did you download the teams from Fissionmailes, Casper, Munkeymomo etc.? I watched a couple of videos and you couldn't search teams created by users as the user ids were hidden coz of privacy concerns. Would really appreciate it if you can list the steps and user id for downloading the major Test teams, kits and stadiums.
Search using Casper for England and Aus, Fissionmailed for BBL, SA and NZ. The highest rated ones are the right teams. For Zimbabwe, search Friedlele7. Although the names do not show up, you can still search.

Users who are viewing this thread