Fantasy Cricket is back! Give Feedback Here

Greninja

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Well Matt When will it be completed I am eagerly waiting for it :)

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Fantastic work Matt. I'll see if I can do something about scoring using a feed or something, because scoring's always been the problem area. Love the interface.

rasulury

School Cricketer
Is there any league for planetcricket forum members in the Official ICC Fantasy League game..?
i want to join it if theres any...

dancingmongoose

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Looks good Matt. One thing I'd suggest visually would be to have a gradient instead of a solid colour for the teams (Australia would be green and gold etc).

Curious, by not human readable do you mean not heavily commented or just code that gets the job done but could be done more efficiently?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Looks good Matt. One thing I'd suggest visually would be to have a gradient instead of a solid colour for the teams (Australia would be green and gold etc).
I'll take a look at how it looks when I do that - it's something I can override for particular teams, but in general it just pulls in a team colour for each side.

I'm planning to swap over to using the team logos rather than flags - just I had the pre made folder full of flags from the ones you can put in posts here.

Curious, by not human readable do you mean not heavily commented or just code that gets the job done but could be done more efficiently?
Bit of both - it's very procedural code and I'm sure there's things that could be implemented better by someone with more experience working on these sort of things.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Bit of both - it's very procedural code and I'm sure there's things that could be implemented better by someone with more experience working on these sort of things.
Is the procedural code working well with XF? I had assumed it won't work with MVC.
A thing I'd like to add, although I'm sure you've taken care of it, use mysqli instead of mysql.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Is the procedural code working well with XF? I had assumed it won't work with MVC.
A thing I'd like to add, although I'm sure you've taken care of it, use mysqli instead of mysql.
I'm hooking in to the wordpress side of things, their API has been extremely stable so we shouldn't have the same problem down the track of an update to the forum software breaking FC, every major vBulletin upgrade did that.

It does mean that we probably won't have things like automatic vcash prizes, but we can always award things manually.

It's all mysqli so no problem there.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What's the approximate progress now, just eagerly awaiting. Though we respect your hard work we all are very curious about it. :)

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
What's the approximate progress now, just eagerly awaiting. Though we respect your hard work we all are very curious about it. :)
Let him take his time. Don't make it like a C07 download thread. Have patience. The more you give him time, he'll be able to check and double check things which will be better for all of us.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Let him take his time. Don't make it like a C07 download thread. Have patience. The more you give him time, he'll be able to check and double check things which will be better for all of us.

don't be silly

if it was like a cricket 07 download thread then i'd be unable to understand every second post

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
As I said earlier about timing,
It's hard to give an exact estimate because until I am coding a particular section I don't know how difficult it will be to implement or the potential problems that might come
up.

I have just resolved an interface issue that was holding back progress, so would say I'm 60% completed.

Here's the TODO list:

:tick: Implement database structure
:tick: Implement player database
:tick: Implement squad system
:tick: Implement team selection screen
:right: Implement the back end code for processing team selection
:x: Implement the reserves system
:x: Implement match information screens
:x: Implement match scoring
:x: Polish appearance/add information screens

I expect most of these to be relatively easy, though I'm concerned about the implementation of the reserves and maintaining the ability to correctly count scores before and after a reserve is shifted. I have ideas for doing that, so I hope it all works well.

Again, I have no idea how long each of these things will take. The team selection screen has been the most time consuming and difficult as it's all been new to me - and everything else has been relatively quick.

If people want to assist, I need a database of players to work with. I manually entered a few countries to have some data to work with while testing, but if others could help build that database - particularly for the players in the world cup, but also with a view to things like the IPL and players in the test or T20 sides that aren't playing ODI.

I've attached a spreadsheet with instructions and a template for categorising players - if people want to take a country each or something to spread the load out, first come first serve - just mention that you plan to do a particular country and then fill it out.

Upload it here once you're done and other fans of the teams can look at them in case there is debate over who is an all rounder or not, etc.

Attachments

• template-players.xlsx
    10.5 KB · Views: 5

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Matt, I can set up a google spreadsheet so that everyone can collaborate on that.
Regarding the cricinfo ID, I had looked at their scorecards earlier, and there doesn't seem to be any links with the IDs in the scorecards. A quick search later, I found cricbuzz.com using the IDs in their scorecards, and also, they were in a nice tabular form, which may make it easier for us to extract the scores automatically.

If you're just planning to provide a link to the cricinfo page of each player, the cricinfo ID would suffice, but if we look at automating scoring in the future, we'll need to enter IDs of some other site like cricbuzz, unless there's some other type of scorecard also available in cricinfo that uses the IDs in the scoreboards.

Edit:
Link for the Google Spreadsheet if anyone wants to add the data online. :
Template - Players for FC - Google Sheets

Please try and avoid duplicating entries, I've made the cricinfo ID the index for finding duplicates.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread