MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Hey Matt, how you're going to implement this sheet in the FC system, will you make a MySQL db or simply connect google Sheet?
There's already a database, I'll need to take the values from the spreadsheet and put them in a format that I can feed into the database - a CSV import or building a query manually based on the CSV output.

The spreadsheet is just a way of collaborating on getting the initial data ready - because in the future the only need to add players to the database is when new players debut, or if ones end up being missing, so they'll get added one at a time through the front end interface.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There's already a database, I'll need to take the values from the spreadsheet and put them in a format that I can feed into the database - a CSV import or building a query manually based on the CSV output.

The spreadsheet is just a way of collaborating on getting the initial data ready - because in the future the only need to add players to the database is when new players debut, or if ones end up being missing, so they'll get added one at a time through the front end interface.
Good luck for the great work to come from you, Yet we have to do a lot players. if you assign a person per country, then it wil be easy to complete the work as soon as possible.

Greninja

International Coach
Profile Flag
India

How much it is done Is still database making is left?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
How much it is done Is still database making is left?
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking so I'll take a few guesses at it:

The player database still needs work on Pakistan, Sri Lanka, England, New Zealand and the West Indies - if you have time and would like to help out, fill out the players in the spreadsheet here Template - Players for FC - Google Sheets

If you are talking about overall, the status is still the same as when I last posted,

:tick: Implement database structure
:tick: Implement player database
:tick: Implement squad system
:tick: Implement team selection screen
:tick: Implement the back end code for processing team selection
:x: Implement the reserves system
:x: Implement match information screens
:x: Implement match scoring
:x: Polish appearance/add information screens

Edit: I was able to finish the team selection code today, so there's just those four parts remaining.

The only deadline over filling out the player spreadsheet is when people want to be able to begin once I've finished development - if I have to go and fill out a few teams that just delays everyone playing it, but doesn't change when the code side of things is completed.

Last edited:

Greninja

International Coach
Profile Flag
India

The player database still needs work on Pakistan, Sri Lanka, England, New Zealand and the West Indies - if you have time and would like to help out, fill out the players in the spreadsheet here Template - Players for FC - Google Sheets

If you are talking about overall, the status is still the same as when I last posted,

:right: Implement the back end code for processing team selection

I have made significant progress on processing team selections, so I expect to complete that today, leaving those four remaining points before I can open it up to everyone to try out.

The only deadline over filling out the player spreadsheet is when people want to be able to begin once I've finished development - if I have to go and fill out a few teams that just delays everyone playing it, but doesn't change when the code side of things is completed.
I surely wanted to help you but currently i am away from my pc so later i will fill it

Greninja

International Coach
Profile Flag
India

Edit: I was able to finish the team selection code today, so there's just those four parts remaining.

Ok Mate I am now free i will fill the database as much as i can ok?? :)

Greninja

International Coach
Profile Flag
India

MattW, I had filled all the players in Pakistan, Sri Lanka, England, New Zealand and West Indies. I filled all that players that were needed please check and tell if any other players are still required

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
MattW, I had filled all the players in Pakistan, Sri Lanka, England, New Zealand and West Indies. I filled all that players that were needed please check and tell if any other players are still required
Great work mate :clap now check all teams and complete the needy ones and I am with you. :thumbs

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Sorted 'em on the basis of Yahoo ID, Now Natt will guide us for further work. :)

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Matt, we have filled and sort the maximum, If you can tell me what to do next and til when we can expwct the test version up?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Matt, we have filled and sort the maximum, If you can tell me what to do next and til when we can expwct the test version up?
There's no separate test version - this is just to get as much of the player database filled out ahead of time to make it quicker to set up the matches based on particular tournaments and squads.

Obviously the World Cup squads are a good starting point, but the more players the better. I don't envision we'd run FC for county cricket, but the IPL/Big Bash teams, players who only play for the Test/T20 international sides, etc.

Of course those can all be added as needed later if players named in squads for future tours are missing, so nothing is absolutely essential, this just saves me and the future FC team some time.

Greninja

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
There's no separate test version - this is just to get as much of the player database filled out ahead of time to make it quicker to set up the matches based on particular tournaments and squads.

Obviously the World Cup squads are a good starting point, but the more players the better. I don't envision we'd run FC for county cricket, but the IPL/Big Bash teams, players who only play for the Test/T20 international sides, etc.

Of course those can all be added as needed later if players named in squads for future tours are missing, so nothing is absolutely essential, this just saves me and the future FC team some time.
So will we require more teams and players to make?

Users who are viewing this thread