Feedback for next edition thread - You must read the first post before replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Okay, I'm going to try something, but my past experience suggests it may fail.

Simply put, I think we at Big Ant have probably missed important feedback, good suggestions and unique angles with how widespread the feedback has been on the game.

I've read most of the posts in this section and still will, there's a lot that discussion formats deliver that this thread won't, but if this works out well, it will be a great resource for us.

So here's how it's going to work,

You get one post in this thread.

Put in straight forward dot points your priorities, suggestions and relevant feedback.

If you want to add more, edit your post.

Do not reply to other posts. You will be banned from the thread if you do. This is not a discussion thread.

If you can't explain in a sentence, link to a post where you have.

If possible, reuse other people's dot points, so that common bits of feedback can be established.

------

To reiterate, this thread is designed to compliment the other discussions, as a summary of everyone's contributions over the last few years. I'll still be reading the other discussions.

Last edited:

Daniboy95

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
1) More editable and Kits and Uniform designs for consoles (Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket | Page 106 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums
2) Adding world cup and few other major tournaments to Career
3) More grounds (or ground designer)
4) Professional commentators with addition commentary contents
5) Ability to play online Co-op with 4 or more players from multiple consoles
6) More animation for celeberation for five wicket hawl, 100th wicket and so on.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 149013

(Some ideas have been seen posted by other members)

Career – Coach and Player mode

Official kits and official Badges

Cricketers are unable to be edited and come will skill set

Professional Commentators

More edges especially online from seam bowlers

Better swing especially in England

Better grounds if they are not official licenced then better designed like the Wellington Oval for example with the pavilion looking like it belongs in Washington DC. The Lancashire ground who ever designed that pavilion got carried away. If you add a stadium creator (I would be happy to spend hours designing grounds)

Some way to improve lag for online play maybe that is just the way it might be.

Overall very impressed with Don Bradman 14 despite frustration at times through online games but still an enjoyable experience.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
  • A PES style kit creator and editor with scope to create more unique designs. (Plus a far better colour picker)
  • Ability to use the academy in career mode to update player likenesses and kits
  • Bowler selections, you can pick the batting order, why not your two opening bowlers?
  • An actual season mode, I want to play the County Championship, T20 Blast and One Day Cup. I can't do this unless I play career mode, I'd like to play as a team.
  • Stadium Creator would be nice
  • Ditch the main menu, open the game in the nets.
  • Let me bowl in the nets, sometimes I like to bowl at an empty wicket, I could in Brian Lara 2005/7
  • More animations if possible (comes as standard really)
  • Let me customise my bowling action, Jimmy Anderson and Stuart Broad bowling with the same action is kinda saddening
  • Give the sliders a numerical value, I like visual feedback and seeing what affects what
  • Just give me more game, you guys have done so well and I can't wait to see you improve this!
  • Cheerleaders and keyboard control confirmed
  • Some way to mod on consoles, maybe using PES' methods but hopefully open it to Xbox too
  • Each team has their own unique logo/kit/sponsor slot.

Last edited:

Fantazm

County Cricketer
the ability to change kits and team line-ups in career mode. Even if it's just once a year.

Edit:

Also some more for career mode, the addition of the limited over tournaments (champs tropy, T20 and 50 over world cups) would be nice. As it would be for international teams to have more than one 'home' ground so it feels like you're on a tour and not just playing all your games in the same place.

Last edited:

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
-Bat weights, ability to change bats based on the match situation like on powerplay heavier bats.

-A small fun mode of super sixes..Hitting the biggest six gets you points as well as money for in game purchases [bats,gloves and other essential accessories].

-Different animations for different sets/type of batsman..Difference in the amount they lean in to the shot...Defensive batsman best lean in shots, watch the ball better and more aggressive more casual footwork and the technique goes.

-In game money for career mainly to get better accessories...Different weight bats, better looking gloves and pads, even addition to tattoo the player with in game money would be cool..

-On field chat , something I would like in the game more than a repetitive commentary
Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket | Page 35 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

-Better attention to WK career, make it more interesting with ability to place the fielders a bit around.

-I would like use of the bowler cam to adjust the field a bit like when we press for the bowler cam to look around maybe ability to select the fielder on the center of the center of the frame and pressing X should select him and we must be able to move him 4 steps either sides and 4 steps in or back...This allows us to tweak the field a bit from the usual slots...

-Tailender batsman chat, even for the team it would be good...On field advice/decision pop up..
Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket | Page 43 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

-Realistic bowler response, balance on the balls he can catch and the ball he should just leave...Addition of duck, stop with leg and even putting hands out without actually catching it [catch in such cases should be really rare as the ball might be traveling at a great speed]...

-Realistic shots :Better lean in to the shots [especially defensive shots like Virat kohli does under the eyes defense], Cut shots like Rahul Dravid [coming on front foot and going backfoot to hit it square and finer], Leave like Alistair Cook ,Backfoot pull shot against spinner like Shane Watson etc...

-2 to 3 varieties of bowling animation for each type of bowler...

-Ability to select different line of run up, Have 3 line [Close, mid,wider the crease]...With the ability to come in and go wide using LAS [as it is in the game now].This to all types of bowlers even spinners..

-This suggested by @SpitfiresKent
Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket | Page 70 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

-Stats ,Graphs and other graphical representation stuffs...Highlights of 50 with boundaries with finishing it off with the run that got him to 50...Match highlights showing boundaries,dropped chances, missed chances, wickets [Can be done during lunch breaks], and mainly ability to record the content at a press of a button to share it on youtube would be great...

-This one is for on field accessories changes inspired from GTA
Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket | Page 73 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

-This one to create realistic gameplay with fixed skills and attributes locked by BA..
Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket | Page 74 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

-Crowd graphics, standing ovation, crowd cheer, environment and feel of the match based on the location and teams playing. Even team mates clapping for the player's 50 from the pavilion would be great addition...

-Better ball physics on any impact either with the fielders, stumps, batsman it just stops regardless of the speed its traveling..On field ball physics with random bounces which is already there in the game must be carried forward...

-Must for the next iteration is "Releasing the ball from the hands rather the current version's mid air release"...I would prefer reading the hands for they type of delivery...

-Ability to view hotspot from interactive replay, graphics for spin comparision i.e actual ball and if the ball had not spun [same for pace bowling as well with "Seamed" and "Swung"]..

-Closest possible to what you see is what you get [bridge the gap] on the graphics part especially for edges and the impact spot on the bat...

-More realistic bat responses inside edges, bat-pad, under edge , tow edge, top edge...And mainly the edges should represent graphics wise as well [looking it in a replay should also show the correct edge instead of the through the bat or other representations that we have been seeing on DBC 14]...

-I would like next version of the game to have more elegant looking advance down ground shots, maybe with implementation of advance down animation with the combination of normal shot animation...So this way it would look more smooth looking and nice to score various parts of the ground with such a combination of animations...

-Speed and flight control for spinners...Having no no-ball for spinners is fine..

-Bowling mechanism Ideas for making the bowling more interesting and addictive like batting...
Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket | Page 93 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums
Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket | Page 93 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

-Changes to career mode with decisions taken by captain based on the match situation..The decision should be made on the type/nature of batsman and the performances under the situations of the match..Challenges and responsibility to the player along with ruling out for poor form, option to retire from a format if getting bored..

-Sweep shot must have 3-4 slight variations based on the area the player is trying to play...Along with gliding the ball [just showing the face of the bat]. Better dilscoop animation..

-Stadium creator covering the majority of features and characteristics of stadiums across the world along with the crowd feel...

-Leave implementation suggestion.
Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket | Page 102 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

-Co-op play addditions.
Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket | Page 104 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

-Career mode ideas and suggestions for longevity and enjoyment with surprises.
Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket | Page 103 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

-They should just reduce the power of the players even when skills are high...People will always have the mentality to assign higher skills and attributes as no one wants a weak looking team...So they just need to find the balance and level out the points effect even when its full...Have the restriction in the highest speed to 145-148 thats it that too if he continuously bowls at that speed then make him fatigue fast and that must make him bowl slower, this would make sure the players use that fast ball as a weapon rather than a exploit...Increasing edges to badly timed shot or to shots they try to improvise [not for a catch but to make the player feel cautious to improvise every other ball]...

-Commentary should adapt the side of making us play better with comments like he is playing it too early today, unnecessary slogging by the "player name"...They should think about building a partnership...After a few overs tell about what the pitch might do like "If the players see of this till the 15th over then the ball will come on the bat a lot better"...When a field is changed and we did not notice something like "Oh ,the mid wicket had been vacant for a long time now"...Casual statements rather than something that feels robotic...This bowler uses a lot of variations etc..Things like this will make players to play according to the conditions and get that feel of realistic gameplay...
If possible they can even allow us to record commentary and add it to the game, think about a way to mod them as well...Maybe categories to put it under after recording...

-Another one addition I would like to the game is the ability to move around the crease more smoothly and easily...Its more of taking stance now but ability to move across even in the last moment like ABD does would be great for both offline and especially online, adds a new challenge to the game...

-Creating a kind of nemesis system when in career mode or even for tours and big tournaments in the game..
Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket | Page 106 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums [Suggested by @tassietiger420 ]
Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket | Page 106 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums
Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket | Page 106 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Suggestions:

-Option of taking powerplay from the pause menu.

-An odd beamer when the bowler messes it up in the jump and release, most of them can result in knee high full toss. And suspended from bowling for the remaining match on the second beamer..

-Even an apology animation from the bowler would be nice [Can be used for fielders when the throw is bad and for bowling beamers as well].

-As the graphics is upgrading showing sweat on shirts when the fatigue goes high..Also an indication for giving a break to the bowler if he has been bowling long spells..Even on the face and hands...

-Most important reaction on getting hit by the ball different parts different reactions..A cut scene might get old but immediate reaction as it happen would be better..

-Throw meter must be made better maybe with a green zone in the middle for the best throw possible by that fielder [why by that fielder is because that must be dependent on the skills and attributes]..
.Green zone would be one pitch right bounce to WK or bowler.
.Left of the meter should be high throw..
.Right of the meter flat on the full throw must be odd length something in the hard to pick up and hit the stumps length

.Left of the meter is the casual as in no effect on fatigue
.Green zone should be a balance between fatigue and normal
.Using the flat throw too frequently should cause the fielder to fatigue as well

-Another thing is the movement of the ball when its is hit should be made better. The pace of the ball should take the ball more backwards [behind the point] when hit square and ball should spin to its right towards squarish third man area ...In this version its been the opposite its going towards its left and a ball hit towards point region ends up at deep cover as it goes towards its left..This would apply playing spinners as well when the batsman's shot adds spin to the ball...

-Catching the ball on return must be made realistic by removing the in-the-air-grab technique the game uses..

-Boundary catching must be made possible without stepping on the boundary or going over it...Boundary catching has been happening very often these days, some measure to make them possible would be good...

-Use of double fielders/assist for balls going to the boundary with one tapping the ball in and the other taking it and throwing...Tap in should be made better use and should be responsive..Slide animations must be better that flat slide should be removed rather use the side slide along with boundary would be good to watch..Visually good looking slides would be good...

-Even batsman running dive animation [looks like diving in the swimming pool kind of animation in the current version] would be good if replaced with better animation..Mud on the uniform after dive would be good addition visually [would be possible looking at RLL3] ..

-Addition of chip shot with just showing the face of the bat would be great addition, can also be added to advance down shots...

-Personal wish -Inclusion of move compatibility for batting [possible for consoles as even PS4 supports move, XB1 and Xbox 360 can have kinect support]this can be sold as an add on apart from the actual game...
[Imagine playing with VR and the ball is coming right on to your face and you just show your bat in front of the face to avoid getting hit,awesome]
[Cricket would the perfect game to enjoy on a VR as you are facing the AI than competing it]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From @angad

I) Fluidity in Batting. Currently batting looks very non-fluid in a way that it is full of jerky animations (e.g. batsman goes from still to shot withing micro seconds). The feel of batting is great, its just the look of it that can be made better.

Here are some ways that I feel can improve the fluidity of batting and also enhance the gameplay experience (it may sound good, but I can understand it will be very challenging to implement):

• Make foot movement independent of 'when' the shot is played. So, even before the ball is bowled I should be able to move my foot to get into position for the delivery as it happens in real life. I might choose to shuffle, or move my front foot, or move back....all of it whenever I want to. This would not only look good (if executed well) but would also give me (and bowler) the feedback on where I am in my stance to play a particular shot.
  • You can assign it to the speed and length of the movement of the LAS. So for example, I move the LAS half way forward before the delivery is bowled then I am on the front foot but dont have the full stride forward...now from here I can decide to move back or forward or towards the off/leg etc. just as it is in real life. The speed with which I move the stick would determine the speed of the foot movement (with adjustments for limitation of animation) and if I am late with this, it would then mean I am not balanced while playing the shot and thus may result in a false stroke or penalty in timing.
  • We should be allowed to check our shot by not pushing the RAS all the way. This way, we can check our shot if we mis-read the speed of the delivery at the last moment. This will give us the option of changing our shot at the last moment based on our batting position just like in real life. For e.g. say I wanted to play a cover drive, but realizing that I am not in the right position, I stop the RAS mid way, now based on the timing (and area) of the bat hitting the ball this may either result in a defensive shot or the ball looping up in the air.
  • Similarly some more stuff can be thought out for making batting (including the decision making that a batsman makes when he is at the crease) as realistic as possible, but in look and feel.
From @Biggs

Full post
Feedback for next edition thread - You must read the first post before replying. | Page 2 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

-For that milestone camera I would like to add GTA V game like frames and a picture mode to take different beautiful shots along with some screen filters.

Career most important additions:

-AI takes decisions on running.

-AI also cancelling the runs when the career player is a tailender.

-Sliding the bat and diving when required all should be done by AI himself [as its been our job to do in this version of the game]

Addition:

-Practice match made better use.
Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket | Page 110 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

Last edited:

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
  • Team career mode - like Fifa games (club and country )
  • Big tournaments included (T20 and ODI world cups , IPL ) doesn't have to be official.
  • Batting - grounded shots as standard. Timing gauge ( toggle on /off)
  • Ability to chase official records. Share online and allow other players to try try and beat. Always nice to try and better oneself.
  • Better commentary.
  • More grounds to choose off.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
  • more natural AI batting, with dismissals appropriate to the format
    • more playing and misses/edges from the AI especially with the new ball and especially in tests
    • in tests/FC, for top-order AI especially, the main modes of dismissal should be edges and LBWs
    • the AI should have doubt regarding line and length, with a larger or smaller zone of variation depending on ability
    • removal of the "step outside leg to leave a ball just outside off stump" animation
    • more defensive pushes/prods from the AI at "corridor of uncertainty" bowling
  • certain deliveries should be harder/easier to deliver based on the bowler's ability
    • e.g. a bowler with low outswing trying to deliver an outswinger, it should not simply have less swing but actually be much harder to control line/length
    • must be the same for AI and humans
    • AI should be less likely to try a delivery they struggle with, so we see more variation in opponents
  • same for the batsmen - certain shots should be much harder/higher risk depending on ability
    • must be the same for AI and humans
    • AI should be less likely to play shots that they struggle with, so again we will see variation in opponents
  • An ability to set/configure for each batsman, a choice of 3 bowling plans that the AI will try
    • the plans would be starting with particular fields from the academy, a stump line, and length
    • bowlers would have an attribute of how well they stick/bowl to a plan
  • A captaincy attribute, that sets how aggressive they are, how likely they are to switch from their plans, how quickly they change bowlers, likelihood to use part time bowlers
  • for batsmen, different attributes for batting vs seam & swing spin (i meant spin!)
  • for bowlers, different attributes for bowling with new and old ball
  • reverse swing should actually go the other way, at the moment there's no difference between conventional and reverse. not every bowler should be able to get it, & it should be harder to control
  • bigger difference in conditions, so that we appreciate the difference between green, hard, dusty etc.
  • allow us to fully control conditions and weather
  • career mode depth
    • retirements/regens
    • changing xi dependent on performance
    • failure should be an option, including a "game over" scenario where you don't have your contract renewed
    • specific in-game challenges such as see off a bowler's spell/new ball, help a colleague to a milestone, break a partnership etc. for increased XP
    • better stats, showing year on year progression
    • an ability to turn down contract offers in a given format
    • variation in umpires
  • better stats, appropriate to the format
    • stats shown at cut scenes, in format-appropriate tv-style presentation
  • better cut scenes
    • show captain motioning for fielders to move
    • show fielders jogging in to position
    • show scoreboard & stats
    • show batsmen meeting in the middle or "gardening"
  • commentators do not need to speak every ball, less is more
  • even if you don't have licenses for dukes, reader, kookaburra & sg, different balls with different characteristics/physics would be cool
  • additional modes
    • historical scenarios mode to re-enact classic matches/moments and meet specific challenges
    • double-wicket competitions/modes
    • bowl-off
  • additional historical kits and equipment
  • better feedback when we make errors especially in batting
    • ideally given by commentary and/or batting partner and/or fielder's chat
  • be able to pick opening bowlers for a lineup

----------------------------

more suggestions:
  • in career mode only, a vibration for "heartbeat" when approaching milestones/during big plays, similar to the FIFA effect when taking penalties
    • so for batsmen, when approaching 50/100 (& multiples), facing first ball in a format on debut, approaching highest scores etc.
    • for bowlers, when bowling first ball in a format, asked to bowl at the death in limited overs, on a hat trick etc.
    • effect could decrease with experience, depending on your conversion rates
    • should be only in career - too arcadey in other formats
  • variable sound effects for crowds in different countries, difference between test/odi/t20 etc.
  • a "temperament" attribute, that would effect how a player's confidence responds to crises/tough situations. this would have an effect on confidence progression and timing windows:
    • when coming in batting in the midst of a collapse
    • when coming in towards the end of a limited overs match with high run rate
    • batting & bowling in tight finishes
  • a large timing window for "bad" balls - slow short balls from spinners and medium pacers would be treated as long hops and easy to put away
  • some way to "pull out" of delivery for spinners in the same way as we currently can for seamers
----------------------------------------
and another suggestion:
  • if a player has eyewear for fielding, they shouldn't be bowling in them if they're seamers, maybe ok for spinners.
-------------------------------------------
more
  • when creating team uniforms, allow us to suppress vests/jumpers as an option so that when modding we don't need to create jumpers for kits only used in hot countries and nobody wore a jumper
  • have a per-player setting that determines the likelihood that the player will wear a jumper/vest etc.
  • allow that a player may field in a hat but bat hatless and vice versa
  • cricket max as a game mode
  • when creating a player, instead of points assigned determining helmet rating it should be like this:
    • choose a player level: club cricketer, amateur, journeyman, professional, international, international star, legend
    • the chosen level determines the number of skill increments that can be set
    • would also determine how many skill bars could be maxed out
    • player role (batsman, bowler, all rounder etc) also effects this
    • MUST have a demonstrable effect on both AI gameplay, and the ease with which a human player can execute shots/deliveries etc.
  • different types of bowlers even within same discipline
    • i.e. spinner who is more of a big turner vs more of a flight bowler
    • or inswing vs outswing bowler, or swing vs seam, conventional vs reverse swing
    • would also impact on skill points available within affected disciplines
    • MUST have a demonstrable effect on both AI gameplay, and the ease with which a human player can deliveries
  • Allow 8-ball over matches to be considered first class, rather than "other"
  • if the game will still have the physics/graphics separation, make the animations more representative of cricketing reality:
    • e.g. instead of short leg nonchalantly plucking a full blooded shot out of the air, at least have it smack him in the guts and he holds on to it as he protects himself
    • better still, animate a bad pad!
----------------------------------------------------

How to do commentary properly:
  • Do not use expensive commentators, spend the budget on writers and voice actors – too many commentators come across wooden.
    • Maximise the number of voices your budget will allow.
    • ideally, have 2 per main host country, so you can mix and match based on location and visitor
    • avoid as far as possible any catchphrase, cheesey moments or jokes since they will be heard potentially thousands of times and become toe-curling
  • The commentators MUST NOT speak every ball, only at key moments
    • as far as possible, describe the situation, not the action
      • i.e. we can all see the batsman has hit a four, but is it the first in a while, or the 3rd of the over?
      • so the commentator says either “he’s eased the pressure that was building up with that 4” or “he’s really on top of the bowler now”
    • contextualise it based on what the player is doing
      • so in the above example, if the player is the batsman, the comment is on the batsman easing pressure/getting on top of the bowler
      • if the player is the bowler, the comment would be on how the bowler has let the pressure off, or is under pressure himself, may be taken out of the attack etc.
    • we can see that a single is taken, so don’t tell us every time. rather, comment on:
      • are the batsmen running well and getting a lot of singles
      • does the single get a particular batsman off strike after facing a lot of balls off the same bowler
      • Is it a lower order player getting off strike or perhaps hogging the strike at the end of an over?
    • describing the fact that no run is taken off a particular ball is valid towards the end of a limited overs innings and at no other time
    • if there is a build up of dot balls, then yes comment on it either that bowler is continuing to pressure the batsman or maybe beginning to re-exert control after expensive overs
      • but again, contextualised based on whether human is batting or bowling
  • Remember that a video game is a mix of “TV” and being at the ground – why not have the commentators speak less and expand the role of the PA announcer in announcing new batsmen/bowlers, large stands / milestones etc.
-------------------------------
i'm still not finished!
  • different skills/attributes according to format, so we might have t20 specialists, test players etc.
  • make more of the in-game sound, which is fantastic, to ease the burden of commentary even for players who have kept commentary on
    • the PA announcer is fantastic, occasionally have the commentators STFU and let the PA announce a milestone, new bowler, new batsman etc.
    • really use fielders chatting to give a feel for what's happening in he game
      • contextualised, so if i'm bowling and there's a big partnership we have guys encouraging along the lines of "one brings two..."
      • and use to give feedback, so keeper shouts "he's not picking your wrongun/slowerball" / "he can't cope with the pace" etc.
      • same for batting, the fielders might sledge me "he's not timing"; "he's not seeing it, always on the wrong foot"
      • or batting partner could give advice "he's bowling lots of top spinners here", "you're playing the wrong line when driving" etc.
    • this can be used both to give valuable feedback, increase immersion, and take load off the commentary to help it not go stale, since it's a must that for these things to work, the commentators would actually have to be silent occasionally.
---------------------

Another thing:

Remove the AI cheats, so that AI has error probability the same as Humans when playing across the line.

Last edited:

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
- pull shot should be possible against spinners - I have no clue why this is not bothering anyone else. It's a bread and butter shot for batsmen and offers bowlers a chance at a satisfying lbw if they've got a good flipper / top spinner.

- maybe my best batting idea is the emergency defence button. Having the option of correcting an attacking shot to defence would effectively add the ability to react to the later part of the delivery, which currently isn't possible against the quicks. Premeditating is very much a part of real batting, but the ability to change adapt your shot later in the delivery is an important factor in that. In real life you've always got options until you start your downswing.

- advance attacking shots would benefit from a second input to control ball striking timing, or something like that. Just making one input, before the ball is even released for the quicks, doesn't really reflect the level of coordination required to pull off the shot in real life. It's not quite as easy to spam sixes as in EA Cricket, but it's not that far away if your confidence is high.

- I'd love more responsive individual fielding for career mode, especially if there was a pro cam option. Would love the chance to really get involved in some run outs, take some catches. Slip cradle practice, drills. All sounds like fun to me.

- similar to one of Dave's points, different shot repertoire for different batsmen. Lots of real life players have certain shots that they rarely or never play. Might help differentiate them, make batsmen feel more individual.

- I'd love to have some club cricket in career mode.

- bit more of a plan from ai bowling, especially in FC. More of a sense of attacking particular locations.

ETA

- I'd forgotten about another career mode idea I floated out a while back : the ability to set career mode to use consecutive rosters.

I agree with Dave's points about having proper player selection for all teams in career mode, with retirements, signings, transfers, overseas signings and so forth and ideally a full system to manage that would be preferable, but the ability to use different rosters year on year would at least allow a quick and dirty solution, and historical careers.

So, if set your career mode to start at 1980, the game loads a 1980 roster, and then a 1981 roster the following year and so on.

- Also, some sort of system for recognising personal rivalries - so highlighting particular players that you have an especially good or bad record against, or who are currently in competition with you for an international place.

ETA 18/12/15

replay cameras : as a pro cam user I would massively appreciate the option to set pro cam as the auto replay camera. It would be so useful to see exactly the delivery and shot as I played it so I could try to memorise exactly what to look out for to repeat the shot successfully.

With that in mind, I wondered if a graphic showing stick input and timing on replays might be possible either in the full game or just in practice mode. The sticks are small enough that it can be easy to misjudge the exact direction you pushed.

Likewise, a proper batting training mode seems like a reasonable idea, and showing stick graphics for users to copy and compare with stick graphics for their own input seems like a potentially useful instructional tool.

--

Hotkey for wagon wheel, possibly other tools? Sometimes if I'm working on generating an even spread on the wagon wheel I want to check frequently.

Likewise, if the any of the tools become useful in a ball by ball context - let's say you frequently check ball tracking to gauge the amount of movement or something like that - then a hotkey would really cut out a lot of hassle.

Last edited:

Disadvantage

Club Cricketer
  • more natural AI batting
  • bigger difference in conditions, so that we appreciate the difference between green, hard, dusty etc.
  • career mode depth
    • retirements/regens
    • Stats!
  • better stats, appropriate to the format - Just re-iterating that many of us that watch cricket are stats-mad. I would love to have access to more run rate, etc graphs throughout an innings.
  • better cut scenes
  • commentators do not need to speak every ball, less is more. Better commentary would go a LONG way in keeping me playing this game. It makes the whole experience feel repetitive at the moment, when the game isn't really repetitive at all.
  • better feedback when we make errors especially in batting - I would love this.

Copy pasted my highlights as requested in OP from BlockerDave's brilliant list.

tazzron

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  • The availability of many different bowling actions and batting styles that you can attach to different players.

• Improved ball physics (for bowling). I say this keeping in mind events such as spinners and medium pacers bowling good length deliveries that are already on its way down before reaching the batsmen.

• Later timing intervals for all types of bowling to allow to us to more realistically react to bowling, especially fast bowlers. If not this, just some way to allow us to react and adjust more realistically.

• Generally reducing the amount of drift spinners get and allowing them to spin the ball more.

• Improved keeper reactions. They should be stumping players missing down the wicket shots with regularity.

• Toning down of fielding ability to stop frequent unbelievable catches and unrealistic distance covered to take catches.

• Allow for dew or general wet weather to be a factor. So perhaps a disadvantage for the bowling side when dew is significant or when it has rained. Bowlers in general but especially spinners should struggle to grip the ball and thus bowl more bad balls.

• When balls are bowled down the legside and a leg clip or sweep shot is attempted, the ball should sometimes clip the pad and go down to fine leg, allowing us to run leg byes. I don't recall seeing this happen in game.

• There needs to be an ability to move the batsmen's leg out of the way when slogging. This is done often irl to allow freedom to swing through the ball regardless of where it has pitched. Perhaps moving the RAS completely to the left when attempting an aggressive shot could be a way to implement this into the game.

• As you play more matches in career mode, gradually teams should more effectively be able to suss out your weaknesses as a batsman. So analysing where you usually score your runs and what type of bowling you score more runs off, etc and using that against you. How good the captain is and how good the bowlers are should be relevant factors that determine how well the plans are pulled off.

• Give us the option of a chip shot (but only for shots in the 'V'). Mahela Jayawardene and Kumar Sangakkara are known to use these types of shots. I'm thinking of the extra cover chip shot between long off and deep extra cover on large grounds where attempting a six is too risky and going along the ground is also difficult due to the close extra cover cutting the ball off (also applies to the shot between deep midwicket and long on). If we time this chip shot too early, it could go too far or high and be caught.

• Allow us to celebrate wickets as bowlers by letting us control where the bowler runs and having specific celebrations prompted by pressing certain combinations of buttons. The Brett Lee 'chainsaw', Shoaib Akhtar 'plane', etc are some famous celebrations that come to mind. While running, sometimes certain fielders (usually is the keeper and slip fielders irl) should be keen to high five you and you can press a button to accept the high five, lol.

• Similarly for batsmen, allow us to instigate certain celebrations when reaching milestones.

• Similarly as a fielder, you should be able to run to the bowler or wherever it pleases you when a wicket falls and even attempt to high five the bowler.

• Certain phrases chirped by AI fielders if, for example, a certain number of dot balls go by, a low strike rate is maintained in a limited overs game, the opposition has the advantage in terms of likelihood of winning, etc. I don't know, this one seems a bit silly maybe.

• Bats should be different to each other. Certain bats more effective for timing the ball and certain ones useful for slogging.

• There needs to be a chance for us, as well as the AI, to drag down the odd ball when bowling as a spinner.

• Certain deliveries should be much easier to hit than others. When I play online, I sometimes see people purposely bowling very short and slow deliveries using spinners and it's as difficult, if not more, to hit as any other delivery. Half trackers and full tosses should certainly be much easier to hit. Maybe allow a larger time interval to hit these poor deliveries successfully?

• Allow us, as bowlers, the ability to vary where we bowl from at the crease. Anyone who watched the Ashes should recall Mark Wood sometimes jumping wide of the crease when bowling, which worked quite effectively.

Last edited:

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
* commentary recorded by Fellow members of planet cricket or by BigAnt guys. These can be made available for download via Academy as commentary packages.

saksham_cute

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We would like to see more in game depth
Professional Commentary
Legit Teams Kits Grounds
Real Feel like FIFA
Fights between players
In Between Players supporting or boosting team
Drinks Break in between giving more in depth and reality to game
Official Tournaments
Easy Way to do modding like in EA SPORTS CRICKET 2007
Original Bat and Bowl
Original Stumps & Scorecard
More good camera angles
Audience must make different reactions according to game or match
Coach or dressing room must be shown in between game for their reactions in between games [same for fans in ground]
Official & Legit Sponsors for every team
Wicket Celebrations & Batsman Celebrations
Overall New In depth & design must be there

PS - Eagerly waiting for Cricket 2016 :p

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Real life to character in career mode : ( Currently only XP points keep increasing without any motivations )
  • Convert XP to virtual $$
  • Upgrade gears & sponsors using $$ that you have earned through match performances
  • Optional challenges while playing match that can lead you to get selected in All Stars match resulting in more performance points
  • Some small random scripted storylines of align/argue with coach for first 3 years of domestic cricket - which can put additional small challenges within match. Like, If you choose to argue, you will be having challenge put forward like 'Need to ensure that player X gets most of the strikes with you in non-strikers end for minimum of Y runs of partnership, else your match fee would be ZERO' if we choose to argue & 'Score X runs in Y balls, you will get 2X the performance points but you will be dropped for next match' if you choose to align with the coach. Not for all matches, but random pop up of challenges like these within first 3 years would be fun.
  • Fan crowd% during match & after match(like news feeds where fans can abuse or appreciate the performance). As career player become stronger & stronger, some specific cheering from stadium crowd showing the banner of career player name would be a whole new level to have the real feel of the game
  • Continuous poor performance leading to dropping in selection level meter( like, regular member to expecting selection ) which will make career players to earn their selection with consistency to keep their heads high in INTL level compared to getting selected in 22YO based on current implementation
  • Custom celebration style for players - batting and bowling
  • Comfort% factor(additional attribute) for home conditions Vs Away Conditions
  • One more level next to Star player of the team - to play for World Cup within career mode. It will be boring if all INTL selected career mode players get easy access to play in World Cup XI, & would be awesome if you get option just to view AI vs AI of career mode World cup like not being selected to playing XI even though we make it to INTL squad.

Match styles within Career mode : ( Currently it gets boring beyond a point where there is only back to back matches OD or Test with only TWO teams involved )
  • Alternating Home and Away grounds need to be there in Career Tour schedule
  • Some random logic to have triangular or quadrangular OD series instead of always having two teams OD series
  • Region specific pride tours within career mode - i.e, Aussie or England career players need to have whole separate competency level to play in Ashes XI though selected in INTL squad, same concept for Asian players to play in Asia Cup(basically, a mini 4-5 teams tournament with Asian squad)
  • Playing XI should not be same for entire 20 years in career mode, if line up needs to be frozen - we can probably think about freezing the line up consisting of fixed number(say 100-200) players with different ages & keep incrementing the age factor of all players along with career players & eventually aged players leaving the squad beyond a point with random selection of 10 from those 100-200 in playing XI.
  • World Cup!!
Other Enhancements :
  • Crowd Atmosphere needs to be electrifying while playing those tense moments or whenever there is a match is between two top teams
  • Some more statistics - Partnership graph, Run chase graphs, ability to see 4s,6s, maidens for a player
  • More custom stadiums with user defined conditions of ground, this needs to be reflected in career mode as well.
  • Enhancement of Tour mode - It would be awesome if we can convert this to 10-20 years tour instead of one tour that will lead to team management mode. Added to this, if we can add ranking system for teams inside this tour mode, this will eventually end up fighting for your number 1 spot as team manager. In this way, we can design the tour(home/away) every year with different teams as per end user preference on different grounds & conditions.
  • 4K or WQHD mode for DBC would be extremely awesome.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
• More stats including maidens in bowling stats, displayed in relevance to format played,as seen on BBC/Ch 9, Supasport, Sky and Star, possibly displayed how nation played in does. Manhattan and Worm graphs etc available both on screen cut scenes and in the menus.

• using the player cards, during cut scenes, show graphics of players top 5 scores( against current opposition, or whole career, last 5 innings/test series) etc, and same sort of thing for bowlers.

• editable field placings(a 5 metre area in any direction) this would be particularly good in career mode as captain when fielding to press/hold LT1 allows you to look around the field, select a fielder and move him slightly, could be shown as an animation of skipper gesturing, player acknowledgement etc.

• Player removes helmet against spin, keeper wears helmet when standing up.

• Add Wicketkeeping helmets/face guards

• the ability to use all previously created career players in other modes, add them to squads and even build a new team with them.

• Ability to see year by year stats in career, as well as which level you played on and your stats on said levels. Possibly expanded to include how you faired against nations/teams and even different bowler types.

• A detailed records section, again available in menus and in game, including commentary acknowledgements of approaching individual, partenerships and team records, with the relevant info displayed on screen during cut scenes.

• Fielders parrying/fumbling the ball, also if fielders are close enough, one slides and knocks ball back, the other throws it in.

• More grounds/stadiums, real if possible.

• More choices of equipment, real if possible, and differing outcomes from bats/equiment from different eras.

• Byes, leg byes, wides and no balls more frequent, and keeper not stopping every bouncer. In every game there are boundary byes but I've never seen one on DB14!

• Edges for 4/top edge 6s.

• more realistic physics with edges, instead of an inside edge always resulting in played on or caught behind it would be nice to "get away with it", sometimes a good old "Chinese cut" is still cricket.

• More player accents. Including fielders chirping in different languages ( shabash etc ).

• Better player animations especially for getting out/taking wickets and reactions to dropped catches.

• Career available in all major test playing nations , not just Aus/Eng.

• The ability to opt out of signing contracts or certain formats.

• More noticable spin, especially on lower levels, and less drift in general.

• Be able to select different skill levels for bat/bowling in same match.

• Be able to change skill levels mid match.

• Improved commentary, more international personnel, between over chat including anecdotes, dynamic match appropriate dialogue and advice, weather and pitch conditions updates throughout the day.

• Weather improvements, like grey skies when raining. Commentator updates on the weather, current and forcasted.

• weather affecting swing, pitch affecting seam/spin.

• Pitch deteriorates when simulating.

• All BARS data to be available on loading saved game.

• Be able to use teams previously created for DB14 in new version. Please!!!

• The academy available in career, so you can change equipment and certain physical attributes, ie not name, nationality, height or eye colour but weight, hairstyle, facial hair, ageing and equipment.

• Better dynamic line up changes, players bein dropped/promoted, Regens and retirements.

• more xp assigned for winning matches away, especially in foreign climes. Could be expanded to allow for doing well on unhelpful pitches etc.

• Better crowd animations, cheering, the crowd could dress differently relevant to nation and even the possibility of wearing certain colours on certain dates(Jane McGrath day)

• when selecting line ups for matches, more information on what the player does, including handedness, batter/bowler type, attributes and if/when fixed, player stats. ATM(unless patch 3 addressed this) its more or less useless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread