How are you doing in your career?

Redpollard

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
20161219_005316.jpg

So finally my player makes a move overseas.
From Mumbai domestic state club to Guyana Champions.
Scores 52* first t20 night match.
Difficulty - Hard
Overall rating of player now 61.

Michael Gower

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Going to be starting my career tonight woop woop any tips please

Michael Gower

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Usually bat about 5 or 6 and right arm fast bowler couldn't get to grips with spin on last game hopefully they've fixed it for dbc17

greed378

Club Captain
The fact you can't upgrade your stamina is a bit of a joke. Playing in the one day cup with Yorkshire as a bowling all rounder and if I bowl a few overs before I bat then I'm already at 0% when I come out to bat which makes my player run at about 2mph. Only way to bat then is to advance slog regardless of the situation because despite not being able to move he can smash a ball down the ground for 6.

Offie McOff face

School Cricketer
The fact you can't upgrade your stamina is a bit of a joke. Playing in the one day cup with Yorkshire as a bowling all rounder and if I bowl a few overs before I bat then I'm already at 0% when I come out to bat which makes my player run at about 2mph. Only way to bat then is to advance slog regardless of the situation because despite not being able to move he can smash a ball down the ground for 6.

Not sure that's entirely true.. ok I'm playing as an opener but even when my stamina drops to 0 I can still score runs on the ground. 2 50's in my last 5 4 day games.

greed378

Club Captain
Not sure that's entirely true.. ok I'm playing as an opener but even when my stamina drops to 0 I can still score runs on the ground. 2 50's in my last 5 4 day games.

Maybe a bit of an exaggeration but it's just another frustration with the batting in this game

warpfactor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've seen in posts and videos people getting offers for foreign t20 leagues. Can anyone confirm if we can get offers from foreign first class tournaments as well? Say I start as a county player, is there a chance of getting offers from the 'Sheffield' or 'Plunkett' sheild etc?

cd779

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I've seen in posts and videos people getting offers for foreign t20 leagues. Can anyone confirm if we can get offers from foreign first class tournaments as well? Say I start as a county player, is there a chance of getting offers from the 'Sheffield' or 'Plunkett' sheild etc?
Nope, you can't. This is a major annoyance for me - I much prefer playing the first class games to any T20.

warpfactor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Nope, you can't. This is a major annoyance for me - I much prefer playing the first class games to any T20.
That's a real shame. Like you I far more enjoyed the first class game. Hope this can be included in a later patch.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I have a query on improving your physical attibutes, does anyone know how these work? Unless I'm being thick, this doesnt work in the same way as adding skill points to specific batting, bowling and fielding skills. I've also noticed that they do not increase when your player levels up.
Yep, the increase to attributes is supposed to occur on level up - which is based on the CXP you earn from completing career objectives and performing well in matches. Unfortunately there's an issue with that where the upgrade will only occur after a simulated match, and not between matches where you control your player.

For the moment, the work around would be to occasionally simulate a match - which should result in your attributes upgrading to the correct place.

Users who are viewing this thread