How are you doing in your career?

Ruckus

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The team might be useless and heading for the bottom of the ladder, but I think after 2 games at domestic lvl playing on medium, It's time to try a harder batting difficulty... 2 double centuries in 2 games just seems a bit easy. I hate the lack of stamina regeneration in T20 but love it in a 4-5 day game... I was about 20 from 60 just to get my eye in ... you just cant do that in a T20... and even worse if you bowled a couple of overs... wouldnt have hit so hard had my team allowed me not to :)
wa 2 2.jpg

B

Bigby Wolf

Played theFirst superover in career mode.12 runs were scored by the ai batting first ,I was at the non strikers end when the over started and needed 8 from 2 deliveries when i was on strike.
20170225011438_1.jpg

The penultimate ball i faced was the full delivery outside the off stumps the late cut i played was stopped by deep third man and i pushed on for two.Needed six from the last delivery a short pitch delivery by the bowler which was pulled on frontfoot over the deep midwicket for six.
Easily the best match i have played in DBC 17 so far.

Fantazm

County Cricketer
just been robbed of man of the match.

I scored 147 and 105, we won by 66 so my runs were pretty vital. crook (appropriate name) playing for northants got 7 wickets in the match and scored 95 in a losing cause and got motm.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Quick question for my fellow career moders, are players retiring in your careers? I still see Misbah and Saeed Ajmal up for possible selection but they don't show up when I go into the "My teams" tab, because maybe they're over 40 now? Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited:

Fantazm

County Cricketer
my team are idiots. they seem to bat ok when I simulate but when I'm at the non-striker's end all they seem to do is to guide the ball to slip.

they're not even edges, they're flat-bat shots like they're just giving them catching practice.

edit: here's the card. I exploited the fact that they didn't bother putting a fielder at mid-on, everyone else just fell apart.

F57F211F7328CF5A2F76588EE6D85ACC4816C46C

Last edited:

Khaine's cricketer

School Cricketer
New to here so please bear with!

I seem to be going okay as my left arm unorthodox bowling all rounder, however I seem to keep playing the same team a dozen times before it moves on? Have currently played Northants about 8 times with about 6:2 win loss yet the tables say I've played three and lost three? Is this a bug or is there something I'm not doing?

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
my team are idiots. they seem to bat ok when I simulate but when I'm at the non-striker's end all they seem to do is to guide the ball to slip.

they're not even edges, they're flat-bat shots like they're just giving them catching practice.

edit: here's the card. I exploited the fact that they didn't bother putting a fielder at mid-on, everyone else just fell apart.

F57F211F7328CF5A2F76588EE6D85ACC4816C46C
Might be time to turn up the batting difficulty, no? But this is pretty crazy. Reminds me of that one women's match where 1 person made the entire score and everyone else scored a duck.

Moosc

Club Captain
Well its different. My experience is that the 8 through 11 on the batting order are CHAMPION BATSMEN. Too often I will have the opponents like 6 -35 or so and then the last 4 wickets adds over 250 or more. It happens ALL the time and has done so in DBC14 and now DBC17. Maybe once in a while a tail ender will score big, unfortunately far too often at the moment, its ruins the immersion of the game to me. Makes it seem a cheap arcade style game.
The other thing that urks me is the way a AI controlled team can make over 500 and still have time to bowl sides out twice within four days. I've seen games where there will be scores of 300+ in three innings and a four hundred in the other and the game has still time left. Seen very few draws which should always be a chance if a side decides to continue batting on a decent pitch and make 500+. This was the case in DBC-14 and remains the case in DBC-17. Pathetic really.

thisISjoel

School Cricketer
Well its different. My experience is that the 8 through 11 on the batting order are CHAMPION BATSMEN. Too often I will have the opponents like 6 -35 or so and then the last 4 wickets adds over 250 or more. It happens ALL the time and has done so in DBC14 and now DBC17. Maybe once in a while a tail ender will score big, unfortunately far too often at the moment, its ruins the immersion of the game to me. Makes it seem a cheap arcade style game.
The other thing that urks me is the way a AI controlled team can make over 500 and still have time to bowl sides out twice within four days. I've seen games where there will be scores of 300+ in three innings and a four hundred in the other and the game has still time left. Seen very few draws which should always be a chance if a side decides to continue batting on a decent pitch and make 500+. This was the case in DBC-14 and remains the case in DBC-17. Pathetic really.

All true. I think maybe the overs per day is out of whack (it seems to be over 100 overs per day in tests) and I think this contributes. The tail ender thing gets me too, especially as a spinner in my career. I should be cleaning up the tail and instead many times they cart me around better than the top order does.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
All going well here! Currently 135* in the penultimate county match of the season, top of the league which should see us retain our County Championship crown from last season (having also won Division 2 to get promoted the year before that), and I'm finally Expecting Selection for the national team - just in time for the Ashes down under at the end of the season. Can't wait for that! :D

Edit - Woohoo! I made it! Can't wait to get stuck into that one, haha! :D

Called_Up.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 46200

Strangely... I'm a wicket keeper...? Go figure, WTF is going on, I'm supposed to be a bowler and middle order bat.[DOUBLEPOST=1488490850][/DOUBLEPOST]
being on a bad team is bad for your cxp. no win bonuses for me.
Playing for Freemantle offers no sympathy ride it brother and go elsewhere.[DOUBLEPOST=1488490947][/DOUBLEPOST]
Woeful scenes here...ft. blue screen crash

And after patch three? Thought that was to sort the crashes out...?

Users who are viewing this thread