How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

Redpollard

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just ventured into career mode and after a second season some interesting stats with my batsman

20150520_212828.jpg

Highest score has been only 103* in an IPL match with Rajasthan Royals.
20150519_095635.jpg
Only the 2nd season and have had a few ODI tours with England. Played some really interesting games with a lot of times getting silly nicks on 75+ and 40+ runs. Frustration galore but thats why its the best mode on DBC.

Arijit Maji

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I am new to this game.
Well, I'm in my second season of my career with Essex and on the selection status page it shows that I'm a regular member of the Australian domestic one day team and some t20 team, but I don't know how to play for them. Help please...

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I am new to this game.
Well, I'm in my second season of my career with Essex and on the selection status page it shows that I'm a regular member of the Australian domestic one day team and some t20 team, but I don't know how to play for them. Help please...
Series will happen as you go on, first its county then P40 later T20's will be played in career after establishing based on the performance and consistency, skill points captaincy is given to you in the county level matches and later you progress to national team member in the game...

Kash89

School Cricketer
Hi ,
Just scored 2 centuries yesterday. One in a 4 day and one in a one day match. I feel the game has some clear cut issues now. I just play leg side to not to get out. If I keep playing singles, twos and three with the odd boundary its just a cake walk . The problem is with the length and line the AI is bowling. It is 80 % towards the body and its very rare a bowler bowls 2 or more balls in the offside or short and wide stuff for you to play the cut and the glide to the third man.
Just satisfied , but the game mechanics got to be fixed to ensure we decide on the spot and not premeditate to being absolutely safe. Also the AI fielders on the ropes are a definite bug. One more thing is the repetitive commentary when you are in the nineties! Absolutely annoying. As an ardent cricket fan hoping the game evolves soon.Great effort though!

Michael Gower

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
after 4 seasons made my test debut as a batting allrounder made a graceful 166 in 1st innings took ages but worth it will upload scorecard when i get home from work dbc what a game!!!

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
So played the next match which was a P40 and played a match winning innings and my best so far in One day games staying till the end of 40 overs with an awesome score of 181* off 109 balls...:D

First off got to a steady start, not a blazing one and reached 50 along with a 50 partnership with Harinath...

2015-05-21_00001.jpg

Continued the innings at a good rate, mostly was looking for gaps for 2's and occasional fours helped to keep the strike rate and the run rate of the team at a very good rate...Reached another well played and enjoyable 100....Was another 50 partnership , this time with Jason Roy who supported me well with giving the strike to me whenever possible, soon he also got out edging on to WK, was looking good for a big innings but fell..

2015-05-21_00003.jpg
Was carrying on thinking of playing through the 40 overs and reaching first 150 with strike rate getting better on each landmark which looked good....

2015-05-21_00006.jpg
Then as the overs were in the 30's I felt like going big and got the runs at a very good pace as the wicket fell and took the responsibility on making the run rate good when my partner settles and another partnership of 50 this time with Davies, who after reaching his 15+ started those slogs we look at the end overs of the innings, he played a gem of an innings as AI usually defends but this time it was realistic for me to bat along with....He got out on a very well played 36 off 19...

2015-05-21_00008.jpg

After he got out I went blazing at most of the deliveries scoring 20 off the 39th over....After completion of 40 we reached a grand total of 347 in the 40 overs...

2015-05-21_00010.jpg
Another thing I really should mention is that in the 2nd innings of the game I was called to bowl my quota and it felt very very realistic for the first time since the game released as the margin of error to bowl to the AI was really small as they were really slogging their way for a big chase, and for the first time it felt like I deserved those wickets as I had to change the field as per the batsman and I had to place different fielders in positions I have never used in offline, the wickets were crucial for the victory and it was really one of the best match I have played since the game release...AWESOME!!!!

2015-05-21_00011.jpg
In the quota of 8 overs gave 34 and took 4 wickets when usually I go for less than 25 in 8 overs...Something special happened and hope it remains with that realistic feel it had playing that match....:D

Jay OTT

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
So I started a spin bowling all-rounder career, and whilst my batting wasn't that good (out for 3 in first innings, 15 in second innings), I had an amazing debut with the ball where I took 6 for 39 in the first innings and 3 for 49 in the second, including the match winning wicket when I got the number 11 out after a long struggle in the final 20 minutes of play. The only problem was that my left thumb begged me not to continue that career. 50.4 overs of spin bowling made the left thumb very irritable, so I decided to put that career on hiatus...

And restarted as an opening Wicketkeeper-Batsman last night. Playing on Legend difficulty, I struggled in the first few innings (2, 18, 1), but the last two innings I played went fairly well; I was on track for a half-century in a first class game until the fielders wised up to my somewhat limited repertoire of batting strokes, and eventually got me out to a diving catch at short mid-wicket for 45. My one-day debut then saw me put up a respectable 34 off 42 balls before playing an outside edge onto off-stump. Disappointing not to convert either of those innings into 50's, but I feel that I'm not that far away from a big breakthrough innings on this game, and I hope to post about my maiden century if and when it comes around.

Arijit Maji

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Series will happen as you go on, first its county then P40 later T20's will be played in career after establishing based on the performance and consistency, skill points captaincy is given to you in the county level matches and later you progress to national team member in the game...
Yes I understand that...
I started my career in a English team, but without being offered any kind of contract from the Aussie teams in any format, it shows that I am regular member of the Aussie 50 over and county championship as well as the big bash...

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Yes I understand that...
I started my career in a English team, but without being offered any kind of contract from the Aussie teams in any format, it shows that I am regular member of the Aussie 50 over and county championship as well as the big bash...
That has happened to a few earlier dont know the reason though...

Arijit Maji

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
That has happened to a few earlier dont know the reason though...
I am in the second season, so at the end of this season, will I get the option to play in the Aussie championship, or it will continue to show such thing?

Jay OTT

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yes I understand that...
I'm not certain about this, but I think it might be the games way of letting you know that you are 100% certain to receive offers from the Australian leagues once the English county season ends ;).

Meanwhile, my earlier optimism in my batting career has turned to frustrations as the game finds ever more insane ways of getting me out cheaply. Hit a hard pull shot destined to reach the boundary? Forward Square Leg dives across and catches it just before it bounces. Think I have the cover drive mastered? 'Your skills are low, here have an edge'... and this isn't necessarily bad timing either; I go into the nets and discover that even when it says that I time the drive shot well, occasionally it will just give me an edge, which I suspect is because my footing was very slightly off, but since the nets in Career only tells you your timing, it reeks of the game stealing my wicket all because my batting skills are still low.

So across all formats I have just 296 runs from 18 innings for an average of 16.44, with no 50's or 100's to show for it. The only silver lining is that my skills are slowly going up, as I am taking the time to go back to the nets for some skill grinding between games. Still, the way this career is going is starting to make me want to go back to the spin bowling-all rounder career just so I can actually help my team win games...

Last edited:

Arijit Maji

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I'm not certain about this, but I think it might be the games way of letting you know that you are 100% certain to receive offers from the Australian leagues once the English county season ends ;).

Meanwhile, my earlier optimism in my batting career has turned to frustrations as the game finds ever more insane ways of getting me out cheaply. Hit a hard pull shot destined to reach the boundary? Forward Square Leg dives across and catches it just before it bounces. Think I have the cover drive mastered? 'Your skills are low, here have an edge'... and this isn't necessarily bad timing either; I go into the nets and discover that even when it says that I time the drive shot well, occasionally it will just give me an edge, which I suspect is because my footing was very slightly off, but since the nets in Career only tells you your timing, it reeks of the game stealing my wicket all because my batting skills are still low.

So across all formats I have just 303 runs from 18 innings for an average of 16.83, with no 50's or 100's to show for it. The only silver lining is that my skills are slowly going up, as I am taking the time to go back to the nets for some skill grinding between games. Still, the way this career is going is starting to make me want to go back to the spin bowling-all rounder career just so I can actually help my team win games...
Yup, I got an offer from the Aussie league, when the season ended, and it show getting attention on the national ODI team and good chance on the T20, Test and IPL fronts...

For the part game getting me out cheaply, I have decided not to hit a lofty shot for every ball and have inclined myself more to the drives. Although, when the spinner comes in with a hilarious field placement of just extra cover and cover on the offside, I take him for a ride and usually score 25+ in such overs..:lol:lol

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
First match of T20 this time...Was more of a slog,slog,slog,slog and out....Innings helped the Req Run Rate to go to 6 RPO and was an easy win for us..Was an allround performance with 11/2 off the 4 overs....:)

2015-05-23_00001.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread