How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

chaman82

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
As much as the pro view gives you a new dimension to the game
I found it a bit irritating as there seems to be a few blind spots and the camera switch to when you are running is a bit annoying as hell

but with this view it makes it a little harder to slog, it out the whole time and scoring becomes a little more realistic (if you understand what I mean)

Aaa haa.. One more player playing on pro cam..there are very few to find. It's way harder but much more satisfying.
It's proper realistic batiing.
After playing for 5 months iam getting good at this cam.
Now waiting for vr headset for this view.

I also use pro cam for.running . it's not perfect still very cool.

Snake199

School Cricketer
No screenshot as I'm on 360 but just played one of the must craziest T20s ever, I hit 146 off 70 balls but the next highest score of any other batsmen in my team was 5 (yes five), all out for 171 off 17.5 overs, best I've ever batted on this game by far, never concentrated so hard in my life. Obviously due to the ridiculously slow chasing on this game when simulating the opposition fell well short of that target!

Hopefully at some point they'll make the simulating of chasing sides more realistic!

AL_Amin

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
A painfully patient Double century! vs England. 1st Test in a best of 5 test match series.

Don Bradman Cricket_20150718113315.jpg

Don Bradman Cricket_20150718113423.jpg

300 Partnership. i made my batting partner do the majority work in this partnership, him being the aggressor while i accumulated.

Don Bradman Cricket_20150718101339.jpg

made my way into the middle in tricky situation at 67-2, (jimmy anderson claiming both those dismissals in quick succession) and remained not out at the end of play on day 1.
Don Bradman Cricket_20150718102914.jpg

after batting for more than 4 sessions and almost 8 hours in the crease, England finally was successful to induce an edge to gully fielder to dismiss me on what was otherwise a flawless innings.
Don Bradman Cricket_20150718114344.jpg

Innings defeat for the English boys :D
Don Bradman Cricket_20150718120509.jpg Don Bradman Cricket_20150718120639.jpg

And lastly, this is where my Test career stands after 16 Test matches

Don Bradman Cricket_20150718120841.jpg

Last edited:

Dannyburke

Club Captain
Aaa haa.. One more player playing on pro cam..there are very few to find. It's way harder but much more satisfying.
It's proper realistic batiing.
After playing for 5 months iam getting good at this cam.
Now waiting for vr headset for this view.

I also use pro cam for.running . it's not perfect still very cool.

Another one here!

I don't think I could play this game on the different camera now.

Do we get to change team in the Aussie FC comps? Or am I stuck at NSW every season?

Our FC side is abysmal as all the NTs are not in the side.

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A painfully patient Double century! vs England. 1st Test in a best of 5 test match series.

View attachment 150933

View attachment 150934

300 Partnership. i made my batting partner do the majority work in this partnership, him being the aggressor while i accumulated.

View attachment 150935

made my way into the middle in tricky situation at 67-2, (jimmy anderson claiming both those dismissals in quick succession) and remained not out at the end of play on day 1.
View attachment 150936

after batting for more than 4 sessions and almost 8 hours in the crease, England finally was successful to induce an edge to third man to dismiss me on what was otherwise a flawless innings.
View attachment 150939

Innings defeat for the English boys :D
View attachment 150940 View attachment 150941

And lastly, this is where my Test career stands after 16 Test matches

View attachment 150942
Great knock and great stats :cheers

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Scored my first, First Class double hundred tonight, 247 and dismissed slogging (I'd been slogging since about 150 to be fair) was off about 200 balls or so, playing for Vic Bushrangers. Pretty stoked with that effort. Also got made Captain of the NZ T20 squad, sorry Brendon. Having a break and rediscovering this game again has been great, certainly more noticeable are the changes they've made in career mode, edges and the like.

Spickery

PlanetCricket Writing Team
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Scored my first fifty in career mode today. I came in at about 4/134. Jordan Silk was 34 off 150 balls, I reached my 50 before him. I got out on 60 trying to smash a third six off Phil Hughes.

dippa

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Back to the Ashes! I've started to find more form - and patience - lately, culminating in a reasonably quick but not too outlandish 151 in the inaugural innings of the First Test.

7fHw9zp.jpg

Having that square drive makes an IMMENSE difference to how this game plays. Loving it, although it'd be nice if it was a little easier to drive through midwicket as opposed to just driving straight. (I find even with perfect stats on the straight bat it's a little too difficult to actually drive past the bowler or in between a wide mid-on/off and the bowler, so I tend not to bother.)

Second Test I ended up making 99 and 42, which isn't reasonable, although the wheel from when I made my 50 in the first innings highlights the lack of variety (or perhaps the sheer discipline of the England attack).

o5Uuf9K.jpg

It's not particularly diverse, is it? The last few good centuries I've taken screenshots of all face the same problem; majority of runs through square and cover. ODI and T20 cricket are more rounded scoring wise because there isn't a full slip cordon and shots down to third man are on the cards, but in Tests that's not much of an option (with most of the legside either being the odd ball that strays away or instances when the AI simply leaves mid-on open).

Believe

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Started a new career as a 26 year old bowling-allrounder, batting 8 for Queensland, and eventually for NZ.

Only played one 4-dayer so far, but made 28 with the bat (Backing up James Hopes, who got himself out playing a magnificent scoop shot straight to fine-leg on 98...), took 1-26 in the first innings, and currently 2-10 after opening the bowling in the second.

Frustratingly, bowled 6 overs with not a single edge, then my slips get taken out, and bloody Glenn Maxwell promptly edges 3 out of the next 12 balls through the bloody gap.. If only "Finger-breakingly-fast" was a delivery type, I'd be all over that shit.

Jay OTT

Club Cricketer
You go over two thirds of a domestic season without getting a single fifty... and then two come along in two games. My first fifty came in a 50 over game against NSW where we (QLD) as a team struggled to keep the run rate up, and this unfortunately resulted in me getting two my partners run out in an attempt to score. But at least I scored 53 runs off 70 balls myself, before getting beaten by a beautiful Yorker by Patrick Cummins. Sadly, we were bowled out for 185, then NSW chased it down easily as if to say 'there was nothing wrong with the pitch, you just suck.'

The second fifty was an even better one, coming in the following First Class game against Victoria. My first innings had ended on 32 after a caught behind where I was sure I did not hit it, but when looking at the replay frame-by-frame, I could see that I did get a very faint touch on it. In the second innings, we had to score quickly as the game was already in the middle of day 3 and QLD only had a 22 run first innings lead. I didn't score as quickly as I would've liked, but did manage to keep my wicket for a long time, and made my 50 in 75 balls. From there, I was able to accumulate runs relatively quickly, and thought that I was about to get a century... until I was caught pre-meditating against Dave Hussey's bowling, and tried to reverse sweep a ball that was heading down the leg side. There was a big gap in the off-side field for me to hit to, and I wanted to exploit that until the fielding side plugged the gap, but in trying to drag this leg side delivery back down the off-side, I got a thick top edge on it and was yet again caught behind. My final score was 90 off 126 balls;

WP_20150728_004_zpsbqduhytf.jpg

The century will have to wait for another day. For now I'm just happy to have broken my fifty curse in both formats and gotten my averages up to 21.14 in FC, and 23.66 in List A. And suddenly the prospect of eventually making the Australian national team on this game doesn't seem so far fetched, if we consider the fact that I'm managing this whilst still a one-helmet rating player...

Synnical

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Playing through a career as a bowling all-rounder for Glamorgan, I feel I'm doing good.

Notched up 8x 50's in 27 innings, only the 1 conversion to century though with a top score of 149* with an average of 38.12
Bowling I'm obviously pretty decent at (I'm playing amateur to practice my batting for higher difficulties) but I've plucked 84 FC wickets in 17 matches.

Trying to slowly work my way into the Australian test team as I feel that is my niche area, then will try to focus on ODI.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
@Jay OTT I know that feeling. Spent about 1 and a half season for my first century and when it did come it was a double. So, keep that chin and keep chipping away those 20s and 30s.

Users who are viewing this thread