How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Speechless
Had the best innings I could ever imagine in cricket...

First had this really nice looking using LBW off a doosra [leg spin] in the first innings of England...

View attachment 153329

Then came into bat, started off well by rotating strikes and occasional boundaries...Reached 50..

View attachment 153330
Had an interesting leave, would have looked cooler if it had automatic leave animation...[This was a confident leave]..

View attachment 153331
Reached another century at International level...Was going along well and freely as well...

View attachment 153332

Having a very strong partnership with Raina...Both were making runs at a good pace...Soon reached 150...

View attachment 153333
Reached my first ever double century for India...

View attachment 153334
The scoring was out of control and we reached a humongous 300 partnership...

View attachment 153335
In the process reached 250 in quicker time as well...

View attachment 153336

We also managed to achieve 350 runs of partnership with Raina reaching his century as well...

View attachment 153337
300 was now definitely on cards and as expected reached without any struggle...Amazing moment..

View attachment 153338

After such a brilliant partnership Raina departed for well played 140..

View attachment 153340

View attachment 153342

And the moment arrived to do a LARA..:yes

View attachment 153343
View attachment 153341
After such ridiculous scoring reached an unimaginable 500 as well after having another 200 run partnership with Jadeja...:D

View attachment 153344
After such a long long innings got out on 538, a catch in the slips trying to slog one...The best thing was we managed the run rate to an awesome 6.8 for the total innings...:)

View attachment 153345
The Scorecard

The shocking thing was Borthwick bowled only 6 overs...Look at the amount of overs the pace bowlers bowl...They would have retired after such a match...No part time bowlers bowling whatsoever...Really something that needs to be looked into for the next version...

View attachment 153346

Another thing I noted is if they are continuing with XP system for the next version as well, then what is the no.of runs required to gain full points..Scoring 500+ I get 1597....How is this decided??

View attachment 153347
Speechless, this must be the highest score at legend in dbc i guess

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Speechless

Speechless, this must be the highest score at legend in dbc i guess
I think so, but TBH I would have liked the captain to declare after I reached 400...Its really nice to score that many runs but the game doesn't recognize it as a big accomplishment rather it feels like just another 50...No XP for 300 or 350 runs partnership which is possible in real life as well...These kinds of things should be made as a special moment in the next version maybe with the whole crowd giving standing ovation and even a Board of the highest scores in that ground, things like this will make it special...And would also drive us to score more...

Cricketwes

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Tour of Sri Lanka went half-successfully. Lost the test series 2-0 (2 match series) with Sri Lanka chasing 370+ and winning by only 1 wicket. The ODI series however was completely different. It saw us (England) hammer them in all 5 ODIs with me scoring around 30 runs from all 5 games but over 15 wickets and 6 of them in 1 game where we won by 11 runs when Sri Lanka tried to chase down a measly 125. No pictures unfortunately but it was great. Then back for 1 county cup game with Kent which saw me take 11 wickets in the match and out LBW for 8 off 6 balls but we still won by 10 wickets chasing down only about 20 in our 2nd inns. Now playing the Windies. Should be interesting!

NursingHomeFire

School Cricketer
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I just cant play my career any other mode but in pro mode
makes it much better and a little more diff to hit sixes constantly

really enjoying the first person view, the odd online game I play I also prefer batting in pro mode
makes timing much easier

Cricketwes

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
really enjoying the first person view, the odd online game I play I also prefer batting in pro mode
makes timing much easier

I agree. The 1st person view gives you a sense of realism which I really enjoy. Can still be difficult to bat sometimes but that's probably just me :D

Cricketwes

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
So, my career update: played a county cup game against Durham during the break between the first ODI against the Windies and the 2nd ODI. I can happily say that we (Kent) thrashed Durham. I came it at number 6 with the score 29-4 in our first inns with Fabian Cowdrey on 11 n.o. Together we put on over 100 runs before Cowdreywas caught for 47. I myself soldiered on to make my highest ever 1st Class score of 166 (off 174 balls) and was the 9th man out. Our final pair got us to a healthy score of 284. We then bowled out Durham for 173 (me taking 8-15 or something like that) and then scored another 250+ runs (me only scoring 18 this time round but Rob Key scored 150+ not out). We then bowled them out for less than 200 to win the game on the third day. Also, we [England] beat the West Indies in the ODI series 3-0 with me scoring not many in the first 2 but taking wickets in all 3 and scoring 77 runs in the last game and taking 6-15 (or close to) to take us over the finishing line. I then made my T20I debut against the Windies, coming in a no. 6 with 1.4 overs left, and Luke Wright at the other end on 37. I scored 2 not out (off 2 balls, both clips to deep backward square) and then took 2 wickets, including Chris Gayle on 95 LBW to a beauty of a doosra (spinning from right to left) which he reviewed but hawkeye showed that it was clipping the stumps and remained umpire's call. All, in all, my career's doing pretty good!

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
After string of low scores got some form back in english t20s
Scores 69*,52,0,90*,89
Career stats t20s
20 matches
3 not outs
854 runs
Average 50.24
Strike rate 151.41
Hs 90*
100s 0
50s 10
4s 105
6s 15

Last edited:

Cricketwes

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
And England hammer the West Indies to win the T20I series 3-0. This is the result from the last game with me taking 2 hattricks in the match and scoring 12 runs off 8 balls (out ct. behind trying to late cut to 3rd man boundary)

P.S. apologies for picture quality, taken by my tablet1441490643551307458507.jpg14414906786851359500207.jpg1441490699645-64326817.jpg

Last edited:

NursingHomeFire

School Cricketer
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Question

I am a batting all rounder and for the past 5 games I didn't bowl at all
In the beginning I batted and bowled now I am only batting

Any reason why

Cricketwes

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Question

I am a batting all rounder and for the past 5 games I didn't bowl at all
In the beginning I batted and bowled now I am only batting

Any reason why
No idea why. Probably depends what format the games are (T20, One Day etc) and if the captain has other bowling options available.

Cricketwes

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Career update: just finished an ODI and T20I series against New Zealand. The ODI series went very well with England winning all 3 matches and a usual performance of not many runs but a lot of wickets from me. The T20I series started well with us winning the first game of 3 quite convincingly with me taking 4 wickets in an over (including a hattrick) to help secure the win for us. The other 2 however didn't go so well. Our batting (including me) didn't do the job we had to do and didn't score enough runs and in the last game, Kane Williamson hit 101* to take the series for N.Z. Now back to the Aussie domestic season with the Queensland Bulls and T20 for Melbourne Renegades (not sure if Melbourne is in QL. I'm from the UK :D ) but we won our 1st game against the Melbourne Stars by 2 runs I think.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Career update: just finished an ODI and T20I series against New Zealand. The ODI series went very well with England winning all 3 matches and a usual performance of not many runs but a lot of wickets from me. The T20I series started well with us winning the first game of 3 quite convincingly with me taking 4 wickets in an over (including a hattrick) to help secure the win for us. The other 2 however didn't go so well. Our batting (including me) didn't do the job we had to do and didn't score enough runs and in the last game, Kane Williamson hit 101* to take the series for N.Z. Now back to the Aussie domestic season with the Queensland Bulls and T20 for Melbourne Renegades (not sure if Melbourne is in QL. I'm from the UK :D ) but we won our 1st game against the Melbourne Stars by 2 runs I think.
Which difficulty??

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Having a very difficult time with bat in legend , need help , getting out edging behind the wicket.
To counter this i reduced the difficulty and scored a 42 ball 100 then 97 ball 200 and 163 ball 300 . Pressed alt f4 started the game again and got out for 49 .
@funnyadit bro need help

Last edited:

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Having a very difficult time with bat in legend , need help , getting out edging behind the wicket.
To counter this i reduced the difficulty and scored a 42 ball 100 then 97 ball 200 and 163 ball 300 and carried my bat on 379 of 226. Pressed alt f4 started the game again and got out for 49 .
@funnyadit bro need help
In the start try to rotate strikes more, dont go for tempting shots outside off....Play backfoot shots to good length deliveries, fuller off front foot but if its wider then try to leave them...
Once confidence is high then timing becomes easier....Cross seam deliveries are the ones that cause the edges when we play, because of the slight movement after pitching...

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
So another century scored in ODI against test uniform dressed England...

Comfortable fifty to start with...The pitch had true bounce so I could play down the ground more which is my usual approach and favourite area as well to score...

2015-09-08_00001.jpg
Had a nice partnership with Rohit and Raina each 50+ partnerships...And easily reached the hundred, surely one of the easiest centuries, no struggles, no edges falling short and stuff...Clean century to say the least...

2015-09-08_00002.jpg
Got out shortly slogging and edging to WK...

2015-09-08_00003.jpg
We were in a comfortable position to win this...

England went on at a good rate of 5.5+rpo and then I came on to bowl from 21 overs, nothing in the pitch for bowlers so had to bowl the right consistent line to keep it tight...Wickets surely hard to comeby...
And to my surprise another wicket by bowling a doosra around the wicket, managed to dismiss him in his 90s...He was going really well and would say a crucial wicket at that time of the match...

2015-09-08_00004.jpg

Only disappointing thing was no XP awarded for the nervous nineties...Got lost in the patch process @MattW ,if you could rectify this in the upcoming final patch...This one XP award which makes me feel good as getting a wicket when they are in their nineties is really crucial...

2015-09-08_00005.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread