abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The same ones who removed the ICC president's power and handed it iver to the dirty trio of rotating chairmen.

See, we all agree that the ICC is no good. It still doesn't stop him from coming across as a complete knucklehead. Looks like he has resigned over the no-ball and trophy issue :facepalm

Never seen the President of any governing body criticizing and questioning the integrity of its own members (the umpires) without doing any inquiry or without any proof. Very immature and knobbish imo

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If I get a "Free murder" , I will shoot Srini in his head.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
BCCI has too much influence over ICC... to a level that anyone can easily point out how favors are being given to Indian team at each and every stage. ICC must act neutral. Categorically against Big 3 or Big 4 or 5 even. It should take care of all the stakeholders all cricketing nations

War

Chairman of Selectors
Cricket needs a strong West Indies team, says Mani | News | Cricket Blogs, Opinions & Analysis | Wisden India

Mani criticised the world governing body’s decision to reduce the number of teams at the 2019 World Cup to ten, adding that many of the game’s ten full member nations faced serious challenges.

“A year has passed since the changes at the ICC,” said Mani at the launch of the new Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack at Lord’son Wednesday (April 8), in reference to last year’s takeover at the ICC by the boards of England, India and Australia.

“I am more concerned about the health of the game today than I have ever been. When I look around, five of the ten full countries are in desperate need of help. They are faced with two main challenges: one, not enough money; two, not enough quality cricket.”

Mani’s speech provoked a furious reaction from Giles Clarke, the outgoing chairman of the England and Wales Cricket Board. Having been the subject of some scathing sentences in the Editor’s Notes of the Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack, Clarke was seen pointing fingers and gesticulating angrily at Lawrence Booth, the editor. He also had an animated conversation with Mani, whose words were hardly provocative.

So now these fools who created the big three takeover want to get violent when people speak out over their BS! :facepalm

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Cricket needs a strong West Indies team, says Mani | News | Cricket Blogs, Opinions & Analysis | Wisden India

Mani criticised the world governing body’s decision to reduce the number of teams at the 2019 World Cup to ten, adding that many of the game’s ten full member nations faced serious challenges.

“A year has passed since the changes at the ICC,” said Mani at the launch of the new Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack at Lord’son Wednesday (April 8), in reference to last year’s takeover at the ICC by the boards of England, India and Australia.

“I am more concerned about the health of the game today than I have ever been. When I look around, five of the ten full countries are in desperate need of help. They are faced with two main challenges: one, not enough money; two, not enough quality cricket.”

Mani’s speech provoked a furious reaction from Giles Clarke, the outgoing chairman of the England and Wales Cricket Board. Having been the subject of some scathing sentences in the Editor’s Notes of the Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack, Clarke was seen pointing fingers and gesticulating angrily at Lawrence Booth, the editor. He also had an animated conversation with Mani, whose words were hardly provocative.

So now these fools who created the big three takeover want to get violent when people speak out over their BS! :facepalm

The odious Giles Clarke and his catamites at the ECB are simply reprehensible. Something needs to happen to get them out.

grkrama

National Board President
In terms of ecb glancing form outside i think things are going in right direction with graves taking incharge, though giles would still represent them at icc wont be doing much harm to ecb management structure i guess, same as srini who has been ousted at bcci but in icc, were they will affect cricket in general, im more worried about the 40 over and 4 day test, 3 team world cup, kind of schemes they cook up, hope nothing of that sort gets passed.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Tell me your views on the leadership style of Dhalmiya abhi, he seems okay to me has a clouded past but certainly a better human being than the Srinivasan?

That was not the right thread for this, and we were already pushing it way beyond the off-topic territory :). So I thought I will reply to your message over here:

There is two sides to everything imo. Dalmiya is as shrewd a guy as Srinivasan. But I think his influence on modern day cricket - both Indian cricket, Asian cricket and world cricket is massive. He worked hard to bring back some sort of relevance to the Asian bloc when ECB and ACB were overly dominant for decades. Campaigned aggressively to get World Cup to Asia. Was a major force behind granting BD the Test status. Plus from what I have read, he changed the financial structure of BCCI when we won the world cup in 83 - pretty much laid the roots of BCCI's current position in world cricket. Those are some critical contributions to World Cricket in general.

Like you said, he also has a murky past with allegations of misappropriation of funds in BCCI, which were never proved. But I think Dalmiya is head and shoulders above Srini, who comes across as a highly slimy character more than anything else

War

Chairman of Selectors
Wording it like that suggests that Kerry Packer was a danger to the game. He wasn't. Packer helped bring cricket into the modern age, I think without him the game would be about as newsworthy as, say, handball is.

He did that yes, but his danger was he exposed how poor the administration of world cricket was back then being round out of the MCC and not being a proper global governing body. Cricket did not learn from that so that 25 years later when BCCI has risen up as a powerhouse financially, we had Kerry Packer 2 with Lalith Modi which created the T20 league confusion, which is 10 times worse than the drama World Series cricket initially caused the sport in the 70s.

grkrama

National Board President
lol ya the way they will sweep matters under carpet like malcom speed d for waugh warne bookie matters. atleast bcci controversies are in the open and not constantly fed under the carpet. if you think ECB and ACB were saints you must be smoking something

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Moving the discussion here once again, more appropriate location I think.

Plus ENG & AUS (especially England) always stood up to BCCI as the games custodian. But as IND power grew cricket boards followed the money & ignored principle. Asian block supported BCCI blindly despite India never touring Bangladesh for tests and countries like Windies and ZIM following suite. As we all know before last years tour pull out Windies were seemingly India's favourite team to play and give free money and goodies to.

The amount of selective presumption in this ridiculous. ACB/ECB were custodians of cricket, while the Asian bloc and WI and ZIM were blind because they supported BCCI ? Bit much, isn't it? Maybe, just maybe they actually found BCCI to be more reasonable towards their cause and issues? But you have proven time and again that you believe in the "guilty until proven innocent" ideology when it comes to BCCI.

Regarding BANG & ZIM or even windies getting a more packed schedule, that isn't something I consider major at all. That could have been done long before Big Three came ito fruition since cricket boards have known for a long time that the scheduled needed sorting.
Like I said, you are absolutely keen on NOT giving credit where it is due. I mean, if the BCCI is so powerful and doesn't give a shyt about the game then I don't see why they are visiting ZIM and BD at all. They could just postpone these and hold some other tours which would be more profitable to them ?

The new big three plan still leaves all nations vulnerable if AUS/IND/ENG decides to play them for any reason.
Pure presumptive paranoia

Cricket needs a saner schedule

T20 leagues clashes and international tournaments/tours is still a major problem

Use of DRS universally still not sorted

S Africa still have quota problems issues

Confusion with world cup format going forward remains with Big Three not having a proper plan for associates but yet want to not involve them in future w-cups

No world on test match world championship
These problems have existed before the Big 3 came into being.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
So once again, my point is - All this hoopla about Big3 destroying cricket doesn't seem to be taking its form even after one full year of them being in power.
Despite some negative moves like Associated participation in WC, I also see some positives:

- BD and ZIM having an unusually packed schedule (including visits from India)
- Chucking problem being taken a lot more seriously
- BCCI considering scrapping the useless Champions T20 league
- BCCI might be providing AFG cricket with one of the Indian grounds for their cricket

So all is not as bleak as some people would like to believe[DOUBLEPOST=1430165806][/DOUBLEPOST]
we had Kerry Packer 2 with Lalith Modi which created the T20 league confusion, which is 10 times worse than the drama World Series cricket initially caused the sport in the 70s.

I am not well versed with the Packer saga, but from what I understand Kerry Packer was a rebel league much like ICL and very much unlike IPL (which is fully sanctioned by BCCI). So technically, another Kerry Packer scenario actually failed with the ICL

Users who are viewing this thread