ICC News: Restructuring the ICC, BCCI Influence & more

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
And that's exactly why Bangladesh were given full status so they can help vote for whatever the BCCI want. India got what India want, simple.

LOL this is the problem because BCCI is in a lose-lose situation here. If they help the smaller boards, they will get opinions like this and if they don't help the smaller boards, people will criticize them for not helping smaller or weaker boards.

Since Jagmohan Dalmiya became the BCCI president again recently, his only purpose was to improve the image of BCCI after Srinivasan tarnished it in his time. Even after Dalmiya passed away, Anurag Thakur has been doing pretty good job and have made decisions which are mostly helpful for the game of cricket rather than thinking about Money. For example, they waived the $41 million dollars penalty on West Indies cricket board. I can bet we wouldn't have seen India vs West Indies if Srini was still in charge and WICB would have gone bankrupt. They patched up with Haroon Lorgat and CSA which was very crucial because Srini also caused some problems there. Heck you might even see them accepting DRS (without hawk-eye). These are the things which any Indian cricket fans can guarantee that it would not have happened under Srini but they have taken steps to show they are moving in right direction.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If they help the smaller boards

but that's not what they've done, they've hurt them!!!!! Unless you're claiming that the Scotlands and Afghanistans of the world don't count, which seems to be exactly what you are doing.

This isn't all the BCCI; the ECB and CA are equally as bad. Willing to claim that they support developing the game globally but then rejecting any positive idea that would actually globalise the game. Hell, you've brought up the way that Cricket Australia and the ECB are unwilling to tour the two smallest Test nations at the moment: or allow them to tour them - the last tour to England than Bangladesh had was 2005, and Zimbabwe was even before that.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
but that's not what they've done, they've hurt them!!!!! Unless you're claiming that the Scotlands and Afghanistans of the world don't count, which seems to be exactly what you are doing.

This isn't all the BCCI; the ECB and CA are equally as bad. Willing to claim that they support developing the game globally but then rejecting any positive idea that would actually globalise the game. Hell, you've brought up the way that Cricket Australia and the ECB are unwilling to tour the two smallest Test nations at the moment: or allow them to tour them - the last tour to England than Bangladesh had was 2005, and Zimbabwe was even before that.

I don't think that's what they are doing. They did that in past so I know where you are coming from but as I said in my last post. Since Dalmiya came in for his 2nd term as the BCCI president recently, they have started to improve their image. Why would they allow Afghanistan to host games in India if they don't want them to improve?

India to host Afghanistan home games | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

I agree with what you are saying about Cricket Australia and ECB not inviting those two test nations and also not going there but if they do come up with two-tier system, I don't see that improving as well. By looking at current state of the game, I don't see Zimbabwe progressing to the first tier. So they are again back to not playing test cricket against Australia and England.

Also India just went to Zimbabwe and they have been there quite a lot recently. Again, they haven't played any test cricket but just for limited overs stuff. They also might be hosting Bangladesh in the long home season that is coming for a test which hasn't happened in a long time. So they are taking steps to which shows that they are actually making an effort to play with these two smaller nations.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why would they allow Afghanistan to host games in India if they don't want them to improve?

That's been a thing that was discussed before Srinivasan was chucked out; it may not have been agreed as quickly if he'd hung around but its wasn't some new initiative made by the new BCCI management.

Also wow they're making the effort to play two smaller nations, which of course makes it perfectly OK for them to veto a viable path to Test Cricket for the other 90 ICC members. A big part of the reason why Test Cricket isn't viable is that its appeal is really limited; we need to work to globalise that appeal and make Test Cricket a viable goal for countries that currently aren't allowed to play Test Matches; because if we don't and we focus out expansion efforts on T20 and ODIs then you hurt Test cricket a lot, since fans in those countries aren't going to care about it because their team can't play. I don't know if my attitude on this is different because I've seen group systems work (the ICup and the whole World Cricket League structure has done a world of good and they are tiered systems), but my attitude is that its better for Zimbabwe to be playing Test Matches against Bangladesh and Sri Lanka and the West Indies and whoever the other team is rather than to not play any Test Matches for two years - a two-tiered system wouldn't ban India from making tours to those countries (even if they included Test Matches) which seems to be what they are thinking.

This article suggests a viable alternative which hopefully is a decent compromise, although its a lot, lot more complicated since, y'know, it really has to be in order to satisfy everyone.

S

Satan666

BCCI to celebrate 500th Test, but ICC not invited | Cricbuzz.com

TOI though, has learnt that none from the International Cricket Council (ICC), including its chairman Shashank Manohar who has been the BCCI president on two occasions, or CEO Dave Richardson are likely to be sent an invite for the occasion. The Board's relations with the governing body of the game, and its boss, have been strained due to a number of issues right now.brate-500th-test-but-icc-not-invited

S

Satan666

'New ICC regime trying to sideline BCCI' - Thakur | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

I think these [Lodha] recommendations and [the] change in ICC [regime] are arm-twisting BCCI both at home and at the ICC which is not good for Indian cricket," Thakur said. "The situation of BCCI - a global leader till the recommendation of the Lodha committee… now with the new ICC regime they are trying to sideline the BCCI, one of the most important stakeholders in global cricket today. Just [because of] one recommendation, we are not taken seriously

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Afraid of getting exposed away from home

Exposed? I think that fact is well known. There is nothing to hide. We don't play well outside of India. Period.

Andrew17

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Shashank Manohar agrees to stay on temporarily as ICC chairman | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

bunch of jokers really, no wonder i am the only idiot on this board seems interested in cricket administration
Nah mate. Everyone should worry about the future of the game! Equality in financial systems are important especially for the BCCI who are just being stubborn and not trying to save a game which has become hit and giggle. Wouldn't it be nice to see Afghanistan beating a top team in the future?

Users who are viewing this thread