1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

India Team Discussion

Discussion in 'Cricket Discussion' started by MattW, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Jack Ryder Panel of Selectors

Jack Ryder
    PCPL Saints
    AKA:
    National Team:
    India
    Domestic Team:
    Deccan Chargers,Hyderabad
    If they were performing better they deserve the praise. ( In my calm voice).

Naman Thakur said thanks for this.
  2. Naman Thakur International Coach

Naman Thakur
    PCPL Xplicit
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    KKR
    You got it :thumbs
    Yeah , when our players are performing too bad , then the other team needs to be appreciated more than ours .......

3. Saroj padhy International Coach

Saroj padhy
    PCPL Saints
    AKA:
    SP
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS
    There is nothing like your player my player, your country my country..
    It's not that players fault that he has talent.. And he deserves to be respected.. Doesn't matter whether he belongs to India, Australia, South Africa, or even Pakistan.
    We should respect the game & player if he is good enough to get praised..

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    ParkedTheBus said thanks for this.
  4. Saroj padhy International Coach

Saroj padhy
    PCPL Saints
    AKA:
    SP
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS
    Before making that comment I was sure that I will face some comments from members like you..
    There are few more who are eagerly waiting to point out something wrong in my comment...

Who cares :lol ?? .... Ignore !!!

5. Naman Thakur International Coach

Naman Thakur
    PCPL Xplicit
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    KKR
    O.o Any story about Dhoni , Hmm ?

6. Saroj padhy International Coach

Saroj padhy
    PCPL Saints
    AKA:
    SP
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS
    What ??

7. Naman Thakur International Coach

Naman Thakur
    PCPL Xplicit
    National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    KKR
    I don't know why Faizk told - your Dhoni comment was expected too from your side
    O.o

8. Faizk International Cricketer

Faizk
    India Mumbai Indians
    National Team:
    [QUOTE="Saroj padhy, post: 3128224, member: 158113" Ignore !!![/QUOTE]

[​IMG]
    Well you're already on the list!

IndieGameDev and Na Maloom Afraad thanked this.
  9. abhi_jacko Panel of Selectors

abhi_jacko
    AKA:
    Ya ya ya I'm Lorde
    National Team:
    India
    BigB and MSD shared their views - right or wrong doesn't matter because this is their opinion. If this is what led to BCCI kicking out Harsha, then the blame should be on BCCI completely and not BigB/MSD.

I personally do not agree with BigB's views on this and fully agree with Bhogle's response to that tweet. An international broadcast needs to be neutral and present a complete picture of the game, not a skewed one. If NZ is performing better than India, then that is that. NZ should get praise and Indian players should be criticized for a poor show.

zwarrior and CerealKiller thanked this.
  10. Faizk International Cricketer

Faizk
    India Mumbai Indians
    National Team:
    Was Virat Kohli behind Harsha Bhogle's exit from commentary team?
    Now comes another chapter in the story Kohli and Vijay - if this is the reason then Harsha is clearly a victim of being a non cricketer commentator. I did read somewhere that he also had a tussle with the Nagpur curator after the Ind - Nz match in last years wt20.

Harsha Bhogle Finally Opens up About His Last-Minute IPL Sacking – NDTV Sports

11. abhi_jacko Panel of Selectors

abhi_jacko
    AKA:
    Ya ya ya I'm Lorde
    National Team:
    India
    Read a lot on this. There is actually no proof whatsoever on what actually happened. The only thing to go on is that once upon a time there were "reports" that some senior players were unhappy with Harsha's comments. And those two tweets from BigB and MSD.

Who were those senior players? How influential were they in making BCCI fire someone from the commentary team? Why would BCCI listen to Amitabh Bachchan ? All plain guess work and recycled journalism from the media

12. abhi_jacko Panel of Selectors

abhi_jacko
    AKA:
    Ya ya ya I'm Lorde
    National Team:
    India
    Clearly BCCI is the issue. Bringing in players and Amitabh Bachchan seems to be all random guessing

13. kushal17 County Cricketer

kushal17
    National Team:
    India, South Africa
    Domestic Team:
    Royal Challengers Bangalore
    Cricket fans, specially Indian fans are the worst treated sports audience in the world. I have been following F1 from 1994, and forums complain day and night about things which are at least 20-30 years away from Cricket. The TV coverage is un-biased and absolutely brilliant, yet there is an effort every year to improve. Drivers can complain all they want, a journalist reserves the right to ask whatever he wants.

Amitabh Bachchan may be a legend in the movies but he should shut up about cricket.

For me, Bhogle is the Benaud of Indian cricket commentary.

ParkedTheBus and CerealKiller thanked this.
  14. abhi_jacko Panel of Selectors

abhi_jacko
    AKA:
    Ya ya ya I'm Lorde
    National Team:
    India
    Why should he shut up about cricket ? As a fan and a cricket follower, he has as much right to talk about cricket as you or me.

And Bhogle actually is one of the good ones out there. Otherwise, I have no sympathy for most of the journos who push the limits of their rights "to ask whatever they want". And at the same time sell out their "ideals" when it comes to interviewing big personalities who intimidate them and their livelihood. Case in point, Arnab Goswami who would go berserk everyday on his news show and turned into a scaredy cat, sticking to the "script" when he got that exclusive interview with Mr. Modi.

zwarrior said thanks for this.
  15. kushal17 County Cricketer

kushal17
    National Team:
    India, South Africa
    Domestic Team:
    Royal Challengers Bangalore
    He should shut up because unlike you or me, he is in a privileged position where his opinion holds more weight than yours or mine although we both might know or understand cricket more than him. I'm not talking about 'journalism' in general, I'm talking about the broadcast dished out to us in cricket matches. It's mundane, repetitive and outright boring. There's no attempt to be real or honest because they're so petrified of the BCCI. There is NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING, Gavaskar/Shastri bring to the table other than licking the BCCI rear end. Gavaskar I would say is outright atrocious. If anyone has followed my posts around here, they'd know I absolutely loathed Manjerekar but he has improved A LOT. Players should have 0 say in who broadcasts coverage to us. If a journalist feels like asking a ViJAY OR a KOHLI something related to the cricket, they should have full freedom to do it.

ParkedTheBus said thanks for this.