India Team Discussion

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
^And Gautham Gambhir will pay us the salary from his payments of match fees for representing KKR.

A typical carryover from Australia tour of India to India team discussion. Can I expect more of these kind of posts in different forums aswell?

That was in a funny way..
You wanna take it personally..
Go ahead.. :thumbs

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That was in a funny way..
You wanna take it personally..
Go ahead.. :thumbs
It wasn't funny. But more in sarcastic tone which usually comes from you after arguing with someone in other threads.

I wasn't personal. In fact, it was close to being a flop joke from my side.

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
It wasn't funny. But more in sarcastic tone which usually comes from you after arguing with someone in other threads.

I wasn't personal. In fact, it was close to being a flop joke from my side.
BabaJiKaThullu0_1441527512.84.jpeg

Who cares :D :D :lol

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Adding fuel to fire:

After Handscomb took Ashwin's catch, Ravi Shastri was praising his catching abilities, the abilities of an opposition player and not India's. Will he go the Bhogle way?
Are commentators not allowed to praise opposition players now?

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Are commentators not allowed to praise opposition players now?

Well, Bhogle did and see how that turned out for him, or at least that's what the story looks like.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Even though the Star logo was way too big on the jersey, I will still miss it. Liked it better than "Sahara" on the jersey.
PayTM/Jio - I'd go with PayTm purely based on the elegance of the logo.

B

Bigby Wolf

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

In ODI Cricket yes but in test matches there is still a long way to go for him although he has done exorbitantly well in last year or so.
In ODI cricket none of his contemporaries are nowhere near him (Smith,Root,Williamson....).In ODI cricket Kohli is the greatest Run Chaser ever - Nasser Hussain.

He said his Kohli's records are better than Sachin's against Australia. Not that Kohli is better than Sachin

"Ganguly opined that even Tendulkar would have found it difficult to match Kohli's record against Australia."

B

Bigby Wolf

He said his Kohli's records are better than Sachin's against Australia. Not that Kohli is better than Sachin

"Ganguly opined that even Tendulkar would have found it difficult to match Kohli's record against Australia."
Its foolish of Ganguly to say that yeah Records/stats don't lie but its the quality thats set apart the best from the rest.
Considering the bowling attack and the pitches Tendulkar faced at his times (the likes of McGrath,Warne,Gillespe,Lee) Even in the 1992 tour Tendulkar's hundred at Perth is still rated by some as one of his best innings on the fast bouncy WACA unlike today's roadroller where Teams scored over 500 in both innings (2015 Australia vs New Zealand test ,Taylor scored some 250 odd runs).
Kohli is class apart with a doubt but imagine Tendulkar playing in these drop - in pitches in Australia his records would have been completely different - he still averages 52 odd in 20 test matches contrary to Kohli's 62 in 8 matches.Tendulkar even on a an absolute turner of a track can make batting look ridiculously easy (vs pakistan at chepauk and 96 wc semifinal against lanka).
So even comparing records of different eras or Tendulkar would struggled to match Kohli is foolishness in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread