inertSpark

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
You're the best mate! Thanks a lot.

Thanks! I hope you're ok with the use of colour gradients instead of the shiny areas. Unfortunately its not possible to make reflective textures - really wish it was somehow possible.

Champ_BD

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Thanks! I hope you're ok with the use of colour gradients instead of the shiny areas. Unfortunately its not possible to make reflective textures - really wish it was somehow possible.
Oh don't even worry about that! It still looks awesome. We appreciate your hard work mate.

swisscheese

Club Captain
nice work man! do you think you would be able to do these two? it would be awesome if you could
10447658_541087619330343_6289838246494606995_n.jpg
10441443_541087912663647_6525631074219982890_n.jpg
small-11.jpg

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Please check the do to list before making requests. The CA SM has been already added to the to do list.

To be fair the to do list does not specifically say that bat. What I might do is permalink to the request posts in future.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Could you make this Puma bat please?

Mate, instead of the standard Puma Ballistic 2000 I am going to do the match-used Adam Gilchrist version as below :)

Yes, that is his actual signature on the logo too ;)

puma.png

Last edited:

inertSpark

Associate Captain
@Ishmam Ahmed

I've done the colour/logo swap for the DSC Wildfire Torch. Not been able to grab any images yet but it is uploaded to the Academy for you.

I've been playing around with the DSC Intense Zeal for you, below for anyone wondering. Original and my quick test for comparison.

8qb5wUx.png
pFCVFYa.png

This one is quite the task. As you can see I've made some compromises with the detailing, however, even with the simplifications I have made, the SVG file is clocking in at 180KB. The limit we have to work with is unfortunately 16KB. It's a thing of beauty for sure but I'll have to have a think what I can do.

Ishmam Ahmed

Club Captain
@Ishmam Ahmed

I've done the colour/logo swap for the DSC Wildfire Torch. Not been able to grab any images yet but it is uploaded to the Academy for you.

I've been playing around with the DSC Intense Zeal for you, below for anyone wondering. Original and my quick test for comparison.

8qb5wUx.png
pFCVFYa.png

This one is quite the task. As you can see I've made some compromises with the detailing, however, even with the simplifications I have made, the SVG file is clocking in at 180KB. The limit we have to work with is unfortunately 16KB. It's a thing of beauty for sure but I'll have to have a think what I can do.

Hey yeah I checked it out. Thank you so much. It looks really good ingame. Damn that's biiiiggg. I think the limit is 18kb, or that's the highest that I've ever been able to import into it haha. This design looks amazing as is, shame it's that big.

TekkogsSteve

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@Ishmam Ahmed

8qb5wUx.png
pFCVFYa.png

I'm by no means an expert in svgs but seeing as you can't really see it on the bat from a distance anyway, would removing the "hand crafted kashmir willow" take the file size down a little

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Probably by .2 of a KB or so. The majority of the size is due to the random geometry in the detail pattern. Vectors are like the 2D equivalent to 3D meshes. Nodes (points)joined with paths (lines) to make shapes with fill in between. The more complex the geometry the more nodes and paths there are. Thus larger file sizes.

I'm leaning towards doing away with that patterning completely but you'd be amazed how much it's noticeable if it's not there. In-game screenshots and action replays offer the potential for much closer shots of the bat.

Last edited:

thetruespiderman493

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
You've made some great bats man. Can you make me this bat if you're free anytime soon?(without the Warner signature)Warner Kaboom bat. Thanks!
image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread