Requests Accepted inertSpark81's Creations

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Thought so just downloaded Inkscape but got no idea how to use it, keen to get into making some logos etc though. How'd you learn haha?

Trial and error. I've done 3D modeling before so the concept of nodes and what have you are pretty straight forward to me - vectors are kind of like the 2D equivalent to 3D modeling. You start with nodes (points) and connect them with segments (lines) to make shapes. Then you fill the space in between with colour data.

Vectors aren't like other images, which use raw pixel data which scales horribly. They use precise scaleable data that can be scaled up/down however much you want without losing any quality whatsoever. This is why Big Ant favours this method because they could in theory scale the game up to 4K or beyond and all the logos would look just as great as the day they were made.

As for using Inkscape. It works pretty much like photoshop would. I can't really say more than that. I just set a jpeg or PNG as a background layer, then use the line tools to trace the logos. Plenty of great guides out there for Inkscape too.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
@IrishCricketNuffie

Your Smasher Api - G is coming along nicely :)

VhO4Lkh.png

maddawg1136

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Trial and error. I've done 3D modeling before so the concept of nodes and what have you are pretty straight forward to me - vectors are kind of like the 2D equivalent to 3D modeling. You start with nodes (points) and connect them with segments (lines) to make shapes. Then you fill the space in between with colour data.

Vectors aren't like other images, which use raw pixel data which scales horribly. They use precise scaleable data that can be scaled up/down however much you want without losing any quality whatsoever. This is why Big Ant favours this method because they could in theory scale the game up to 4K or beyond and all the logos would look just as great as the day they were made.

As for using Inkscape. It works pretty much like photoshop would. I can't really say more than that. I just set a jpeg or PNG as a background layer, then use the line tools to trace the logos. Plenty of great guides out there for Inkscape too.
Cheers for that bro I appreciate it, I'll be sure to play around with it and hopefully get the hang of it. Thanks!

Sweppy12

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Do you need a good computer to run those programs? I only have a crappy laptop

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Do you need a good computer to run those programs? I only have a crappy laptop

It helps. Any kind of media editing needs a reasonably powerful computer. I do mine on a laptop too, but it's a gaming laptop with a core i7, 16GB of RAM and a Geforce 970m GPU.

NEW JUST ADDED!

For @IrishCricketNuffie

Smasher Api - G

smasher.gif

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Loving the Icon! Just need the B3 and I think Lancashire are all batted up

Been trying to find a way to make the B3 work. They are actually surprisingly complicated designs as far as the SVG file limit goes.

I've settled on this for the Black. Hopefully it will work somehow.

HGV8gDf.png

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Right guys. Cant do any more tonight. Downloading the full game off steam which has deleted the Academy demo from my library. I can still do some SVG files but I can not test them yet.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
OK on the PC full version they fixed the bat texture but I will keep using it until consoles are updated. Also the colour reproduction seems a lot better so that the logos don't seem as bright compared to the logo editor. This is good.

NEW JUST ADDED!

For @Kiko_97

B3 Blackout & B3 Wales

blackout.gif

wales.gif

inertSpark

Associate Captain
nice work man! do you think you would be able to do these two? it would be awesome if you could
10447658_541087619330343_6289838246494606995_n.jpg
10441443_541087912663647_6525631074219982890_n.jpg

Made a start on your X-Pro. Looks quite nice but haven't a clue how it's going to work with the game yet.

tTzpwUZ.png

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Have you heard of the Slazenger V Mark Waugh Master Blaster? That was my first ever bat and it would be awesome if it could be in the game

Users who are viewing this thread