Let it rain!

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Got rain after the 1st ball of an innings?

Game doesn't save?

Controller got battery issues - even when the controller doesn't have batteries?

Just can't seem to take a wicket?

Got wides?

Purchase a real copy of the game from Steam here:

Don Bradman Cricket 17 on Steam

[HASHTAG]#FunWithPirates[/HASHTAG]

Haseeb Ahmed Mohammed

Club Cricketer
I for one not your supporter cos of what you guys did to DBC17 on PS4. You guys took the game backwards, but I wholeheartedly support you on this. Am i contradicting myself? Hell yeah i am!!

Good or bad the game is your intellectual property and you have every right to get aggrieved about it.

Lastly release the PS4 patch and make the DBC17 on the consoles great again!!!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Can't wait to see all the people who pirated this ask questions on the forum as to why their game isn't working properly.
Well the guy deleted his post in the bugs thread for some reason - doesn't want the help apparently

Game Version Number: v0.1.0.1.0887
Game Mode: Casual
Match Type: Every Match Type
Teams used: Every Team
Ground: Every Ground
Over Count: 0.1 Overs
Issue (one line description): Raining After First Ball
Bug description (detail): I played 11 matches so far limited and test matches. All the time after the first ball of first innings its start raining automatically ... then it get simulated to the next innings...in every weather condition this happens.. thanks

B

Bigby Wolf

Got rain after the 1st ball of an innings?

Game doesn't save?

Controller got battery issues - even when the controller doesn't have batteries?

Just can't seem to take a wicket?

Got wides?

Purchase a real copy of the game from Steam here:

Don Bradman Cricket 17 on Steam

[HASHTAG]#FunWithPirates[/HASHTAG]
Thankyou bigant for putting the rain into the game to making it unplayable for pirates.
I have actually tested the pirated version despite having original game purchased on steam just to see what they have done with it.
I was like what the..... when the community creations worked but was pleased to see the rain after the 1st legit ball.Now the only thing pirates will recite is 'Rain Rain go away come again another day'.

I am enjoying the original game and bought it before it was pirated.
This is my steam Id below : (In case anyone doubts me)
Steam Community :: FaizK

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I for one not your supporter cos of what you guys did to DBC17 on PS4. You guys took the game backwards, but I wholeheartedly support you on this. Am i contradicting myself? Hell yeah i am!!

Good or bad the game is your intellectual property and you have every right to get aggrieved about it.

Lastly release the PS4 patch and make the DBC17 on the consoles great again!!!

No there's no contradiction at all and there shouldn't be one. Just because someone's not happy with the product doesn't give anyone a right to steal. No matter what the state of the game on console (and I'm one of the folks who isn't happy), it should have no justification for someone to pirate the game. If someone's not happy with the console version, too bad. It's akin to saying "Oh I bought a Honda CRV but I wasn't happy with it so I'm gonna steal Honda Civic." If everyone who plays cricket video games or intends to pirate one, legally purchases DBC 17, DBC would rival FIFA or Madden within a year.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Big Ant has done absolutely fantastic work in developing a limted edition for pirates. I'm not sure if the above mentioned bugs were developed purposely to control the piracy of the game. But I'm sure the guys who are using pirate copies have been given a solid slap in respect to their act.

I was really surprised to read those bug reports that were competely opposite to what other geniune owners had reported. Hope we come out of this piracy devil in the future.

Haseeb Ahmed Mohammed

Club Cricketer
No there's no contradiction at all and there shouldn't be one. Just because someone's not happy with the product doesn't give anyone a right to steal. No matter what the state of the game on console (and I'm one of the folks who isn't happy), it should have no justification for someone to pirate the game. If someone's not happy with the console version, too bad. It's akin to saying "Oh I bought a Honda CRV but I wasn't happy with it so I'm gonna steal Honda Civic." If everyone who plays cricket video games or intends to pirate one, legally purchases DBC 17, DBC would rival FIFA or Madden within a year.
What??? Please make some sense. Did you even read the whole thing?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
What??? Please make some sense. Did you even read the whole thing?

Yes I did. And I'm simply stating that the following two points are not contradictory and shouldn't be... i) not happy with the developer due to not liking the console version of the game and ii) supporting the said developer against piracy

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
That's a shame someone has managed to even pirate the game though. Was hoping the DRM would keep them out completely.

Unfortunately that's too much to ask. As long as there would be a number of people willing to consume pirated copy of the game, there would be folks finding a way to pirate the game. The best you can hope for is that you make the gaming experience so unpleasant for a pirate that he/she is forced to purchase a legal copy of the game.

BRAB

International Coach
Unfortunately that's too much to ask. As long as there would be a number of people willing to consume pirated copy of the game, there would be folks finding a way to pirate the game. The best you can hope for is that you make the gaming experience so unpleasant for a pirate that he/she is forced to purchase a legal copy of the game.

Yeah, it's such a shame people are so immoral frankly.

On the plus side, I went to the site where the game has been uploaded and people are absolutely losing their minds in the comments because of the glitches Bigant have added to the pirated copy. That makes me feel a lot better, haha.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Yeah, it's such a shame people are so immoral frankly.

On the plus side, I went to the site where the game has been uploaded and people are absolutely losing their minds in the comments because of the glitches Bigant have added to the pirated copy. That makes me feel a lot better, haha.

Reading through the comments section on there is comedy gold... folks complaining about "game not working with keyboard" or "10GB download wasted" and "one ball and rain" or "not able to save" is hilarious :lol

But yeah the sad part is that these folks can pay for the legal version (anyone with a decent PC and an internet connection should be able to) but decide not to. Such a shame.

BRAB

International Coach
Reading through the comments section on there is comedy gold... folks complaining about "game not working with keyboard" or "10GB download wasted" and "one ball and rain" or "not able to save" is hilarious :lol

But yeah the sad part is that these folks can pay for the legal version (anyone with a decent PC and an internet connection should be able to) but decide not to. Such a shame.

One of them is aabret who was a fairly prolific poster from a few months ago that stole some of the kits and logos from other posters and claimed them as his own. Turns out theft was sort of his thing hey?

fanirama

Club Captain
LOL... Good stuff. I hope they also add in things like -

- floaty beach ball sized cricket ball

- players who play "drunk" like in GTA V

I bought the PS4 copy and the game is decent with issues but regardless of whether good or bad, I abhor piracy and I hope pirates get issues like this. Unfortunately, eventually the game issues will be pirated out but I hope the developers add more nasty DRM against the pirates. Sure it means genuine owners like us have to put up with more DRM but if they can make it non intrusive for proven owners and a nightmare for pirates, I'm all for it.
I might buy the game soon on PC as well if it has a lot of the game issues and bugs fixed but I won't pirate any game. Hell, I might buy the game on PC anyway just to support the developer some more

Users who are viewing this thread