Match,Tour & Competition Experiences

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Creating this as there is no thread to share match experiences in one place except for career mode...So people can share theirs here...

Please write the type of match and the difficulty level at the top of the posts....

ethybubs

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
One time I had this match to light candles on a cake but I held it too long and I burnt myself on the finger.

Difficulty: easy if you're not paying attention
Match type: Red Heads

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Match type: Tour
Difficulty: Legend

Aus vs SA
Played the whole tour by batting for both the sides.

1st ODI:Scored 366 in 49 overs with SA but chasing such a huge score is really difficult so could only score 244 runs...SA win

2nd ODI: Was a hard scoring pitch and could score only 179 off 38 overs with Aus and chasing was impossible but ended up scoring 171 all out with SA...Aus win.

3rd ODI: Was not that interesting match and SA win the match and Series...

T20 series was brilliant..

1st T20: 128 by Aus and a very thrilling chase as the pitch was hard to score off and ended up in a tie and in super over SA could score only 4 and Aus easily won...Awesome match..

2nd T20: Was the best match of the whole tour...Scored 138 by SA and the chase was going fine but couldn't score much in the middle overs and ended up like 18 off last 2 overs but was very difficult with the type of field set and could score 10 off that over and last over score 4 off the first ball and 2 of second and next dot ball , now it was 2 off 3 balls with last wicket only remaining..
Bowled on leg easy shot and very well timed but straight to deep square leg fielders hands and SA won by 1 run...Thriller match..Loved it...

3rd T20: 130 scored by Aus despite scoring at about 9 RPO in the first 10 overs and then was hard to score..130 to win for SA and they chased it easily with 7 balls to spare..
SA win both the ODI and T20 series...Was the best tournament so far...

Thanks to @SpitfiresKent for the idea of batting for both the sides...Didn't knew that until he mentioned it...:thumbs

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Match type: Tour
Difficulty: Legend

Aus vs SA
Played the whole tour by batting for both the sides.

1st ODI:Scored 366 in 49 overs with SA but chasing such a huge score is really difficult so could only score 244 runs...SA win

2nd ODI: Was a hard scoring pitch and could score only 179 off 38 overs with Aus and chasing was impossible but ended up scoring 171 all out with SA...Aus win.

3rd ODI: Was not that interesting match and SA win the match and Series...

T20 series was brilliant..

1st T20: 128 by Aus and a very thrilling chase as the pitch was hard to score off and ended up in a tie and in super over SA could score only 4 and Aus easily won...Awesome match..

2nd T20: Was the best match of the whole tour...Scored 138 by SA and the chase was going fine but couldn't score much in the middle overs and ended up like 18 off last 2 overs but was very difficult with the type of field set and could score 10 off that over and last over score 4 off the first ball and 2 of second and next dot ball , now it was 2 off 3 balls with last wicket only remaining..
Bowled on leg easy shot and very well timed but straight to deep square leg fielders hands and SA won by 1 run...Thriller match..Loved it...

3rd T20: 130 scored by Aus despite scoring at about 9 RPO in the first 10 overs and then was hard to score..130 to win for SA and they chased it easily with 7 balls to spare..
SA win both the ODI and T20 series...Was the best tournament so far...

Thanks to @SpitfiresKent for the idea of batting for both the sides...Didn't knew that until he mentioned it...:thumbs

Let's hope that with the improved AI batting and fixed stamina issue, bowling will be fun again!

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Had started 16 team T20 Knockout. The fixtures were

Australia vs Afghanistan
West Indies vs Zimbabwe
Netherlands vs Kenya
England vs Kenya
Pakistan vs Scotland
India vs Ireland
South Africa vs Sri Lanka
New Zealand vs Bangladesh

I played as India obviously taking them though the T20 K.O cup. Was playing on Pro difficulty.

1st Match - Australia scored 226 runs for 0 wickets against Afghanistan and in return Afghanistan scored 215/7 came pretty close and Australia advanced through quarter finals
2nd Match - West Indies scored 188/4 and Zimbabwe scored 154/9 and West Indies advanced through to quarter finals.
3rd Match - New Zealand hammered the Bangladeshis and scored 210 runs for the loss of 5 wickets and in return Bangla scored 165/8 and NZ proceeded.
4th Match - Match of minnows were Kenya took on Netherlands. Kenya batting first scored 168/5 and Netherlands who were favorites to win got bowled out for 134 runs. Kenya advanced through quarter finals.
5th Match - Pakistan played Scotland in the 5th match of the T20 knockout cup and scored 158/9 thanks to awesome Scottish bowling. To my utter surprise Scottish chased the total down 159/4 in 19.4 overs. Was watching the match AI vs AI and it was a spectacular match. Nerve biting.
6th Match - Ireland vs India - I played the match and bowled really well and restricted Ireland to 118/9 in 20 overs. Chased down the total in 14 overs.
7th Match - Two heavy weights played the match and one was bound to return home. South Africa scored 212 runs in 20 overs and Sri Lanka came so close to chase that down and scored 208/4. Lost by 4 runs and South Africa advanced through quarter finals.
8th Match - Canada vs England - another one sided match where Canada scored 130 odd runs and England chased it comfortably in 14 overs.

------

Quarter Finals

Match 1 - Australia vs West Indies - Another brillian David Warner show who scored second consecutive century of the tournament ensured Australia put 200+ total once again. West Indies failed to chase the total down and lost by 30 runs. Australia the first team to reach Semi Finals.
Match 2 - New Zealand vs Kenya - One more shocker one more upset as Kenya bowled fantastically well and restricted New Zealand to 140 odd runs and another nail biting finish as Kenya chased the target down in the last over last ball. Again was watching all these matches and so was this. Almost gave me a heart attack :p and trust me I am not exaggerating.
Match 3 - Scotland vs India - Another one sided match I restricted them to 124 runs and chased down in 10 overs :D :p
Match 4 - England vs South Africa - The best match in history of gaming cricket. South Africa scored 224/4 wickets with some one scoring century. In return England were 222/1 in 19 overs and choked in that last over and then match ended as a TIEEEE!!! 224/1. Was lucky enough to watch even this match. England won on less wicket lost rule :facepalm :p

-------

Semi Finals - Australia vs Kenya - Australia won comfortably
Semi Finals 2 - India vs England - I (India) won comofrtably

---------

Finals - Australia vs India

Amazing spectacular this final proves why this game is worth every penny. Tried to up one difficulty played on Veteran and Australia scored 181/6 in 20 overs. It was the highest total I(India) was chasing in this competition. I started off nicely as I scored 20 of 2 overs and lost Gambhir playing a rash shot just like in real life :p.

Rahane and Kohli batted beautifully for a 50 runs partnership with Rahane himself reaching 50. I was 70/1 before I lost Rahane. Soon I lost Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli and lost all my momentum. I was 10 overs 90 something for 4. Raina and Dhoni built a small little partnership before both departed and it was all upto SIR RAVINDRA JADEJA :p He was looking good before he decided to end the game in one ball :facepalm (me) and got caught. I needed 11 off the last over with one wicket in hand and Aaron hit 2 boundaries and wasted one. Needed 7 off 3 before Murihead bowled a fantastic delivery and I was caught.

Overall I am writing so much just to show you how awesome and how exciting it gets to play this game with right player skills and right balance of difficulty.

Thanks @BigAntStudios

Screen_Shot_2014_06_26_at_10_33_55_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2014_06_26_at_10_34_11_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2014_06_26_at_10_34_35_PM.png

Last edited:

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Currently playing round 7 of 10 (plus the final) of the Zimbabwe Pro50 league. Mid West Rhinos and Matabeleland Tuskers are joint top but the Rhinos have a better NRR. Brendan Taylor is averaging over 50 with the bat and Michael Chinouya is the top wicket taker with 18 dismissals.

I'm using this tournament as a kind of warm up for my next tour which will be away against New Zealand, so whoever performs well in the domestic competition will be on the flight to New Zealand :)

As this is a strictly 50 over competition I haven't played any Test's or T20's in ages so i'll be sure to include plenty of warm up matches :yes

acrcmb

School Cricketer
Just finished a English T20 series competition, most disapointing and frustrating ending so far, got all the way to grand final and set 189 as target and then i was never selected to bowl a single over and could only watch helplessly as the other team chased the total and won, to put this in context I had bowled all 4 overs in every other match in the tournament and was the top bowler in the competition in all categories, I even open at international level but for some reason the AI captain choose not to let me bowl a single ball, the match wasn't short either it went to the 18th over and still not a single over for me, really killed the tournament i was enjoying the tight competition but to have it taken out of my control at the end like that was super anti climatic and disapointing.

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
5th Match - Pakistan played Scotland in the 5th match of the T20 knockout cup and scored 158/9 thanks to awesome Scottish bowling. To my utter surprise Scottish chased the total down 159/4 in 19.4 overs. Was watching the match AI vs AI and it was a spectacular match. Nerve biting.

Do you watch the entire 20 overs of both the sides? Is it possible to watch just the last few overs of the 2nd innings?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Nope no way you can watch last few overs and yes I watch the entire match. Do you in your wildest imagination think that a game would keep us so hooked even if you are watch AI vs AI.

The best part is that during the last two overs Pakistan were constantly changing fields. New batsman was tried to be kept at crease by fielders inside and field change for set batsman

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Here are the standings for the Zimbabwe Pro50 tournament that i'm currently playing, the top 2 qualify for the final and mid way through round 7 of 10 there are 4 teams battling it out all on 6 points :)

el5cAGg.jpg

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Here are the standings for the Zimbabwe Pro50 tournament that i'm currently playing, the top 2 qualify for the final and mid way through round 7 of 10 there are 4 teams battling it out all on 6 points :)

el5cAGg.jpg

Nice...Hey is this on Pro...Add difficulty level as well as it will be good for analysing the scores...

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Yeah it's on Pro, My scores vary a lot. The most recent match I played I scored 110 all out off 28 overs and then chased it down in 23 overs for the loss of 4 wickets. I have in the past managed well over 300 runs but currently going through a bad patch, like I've mentioned elsewhere I find it really hard to consistently pace an innings in 50 over cricket.

chaman82

County Cricketer
What I like about batting in this game is that it really simulates the real stuff. There are days when I can score freely on legend mode and then there are some with real bad low scores.
Some matches where iam totally in form and then the bad patch comes in.
Its then a great challenge to overcome the bad form and try to bat good again.
Great game big ant.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
There are days when I can score freely...and then the bad patch comes in.

My current bad patch has lasted for too long now, so I've decided to drop down a difficulty to Amateur.

Users who are viewing this thread