New Zealand Tour of Bangladesh October/November 2013

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
McClenaghan in Tests? Bracewell and Wagner are far better options.

He's in the ODI/T20I squad.

McCullum is one of the most naturally talented players in the world, and look at him. :p How I saw it was that was going to be one of the worst 100s I've seen if he made it, parents told me off because I was swearing too much at the TV because of how lucky he was.

Can someone tell me wth Fulton was thinking of there?

Oh ok so you guys don't see Mclenaghan as a test player then?

Cool on Milne was always impressed with him when i saw him bowling 150 mph @ 19 a few years back.

Haven't been following the form of McCullum closely, but interesting to see and hear that Kiwi fans are beginning to seriously question his place in the team now.

ferg512

International Coach
Oh ok so you guys don't see Mclenaghan as a test player then?

Cool on Milne was always impressed with him when i saw him bowling 150 mph @ 19 a few years back.

Haven't been following the form of McCullum closely, but interesting to see and hear that Kiwi fans are beginning to seriously question his place in the team now.

The thing is we've already got enough left armers with Wagner and Boult (Anderson if you want to count him) and there is also Bracewell and Southee whos injured right now. Haven't seen much of Mclenaghan in FC cricket but its already starting to look like he could be the new Kyle Mills, first choice in the short forms but not in tests.

McCullum hasn't been very popular from what I can tell since the captaincy saga it has really rubbed people the wrong way. The thing is there is no way his results justify him being in the team (especially if hes not keeping). He will never get dropped though, his boy Hesson would never do that to him.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
McClenaghan's also had injury problems, so he isn't really suited to toiling away for over a day like someone like Wagner is. Even in ODIs he's normally only been bowling 3 or 4 over very aggressive spells.

War

Chairman of Selectors
The thing is we've already got enough left armers with Wagner and Boult (Anderson if you want to count him) and there is also Bracewell and Southee whos injured right now. Haven't seen much of Mclenaghan in FC cricket but its already starting to look like he could be the new Kyle Mills, first choice in the short forms but not in tests.

McCullum hasn't been very popular from what I can tell since the captaincy saga it has really rubbed people the wrong way. The thing is there is no way his results justify him being in the team (especially if hes not keeping). He will never get dropped though, his boy Hesson would never do that to him.

Ahh fair enough on Mclenaghan.

Yea the situation with McCullum getting the captaincy from Taylor did look a bit bad especially from the outside. I remember thinking ATT, how unlucky you Kiwis could be to loose to of your most talented (Taylor/Ryder) over some crap off-field issues.

One thing i hope is that your fast bowling group doesn't suffer the same injury fate that Allot, Bond, Cairns, Nash, Doull, O'Connor, Butler, Oram suffered.

I always felt under the guidance of Fleming that NZ team could have been the second best test team in world behind Australia if those quicks had stayed fit.

ferg512

International Coach
Pretty solid stuff from these two atm, hopefully the rain holds off we should be looking for around 400 I would think.

ferg512

International Coach
Really well played by ND today :p

Ideally if it doesn't rain we should keep batting and stretch the lead as far as possible, and hopefully we won't have to bat again. The only problem is I can see the Bangladesh batsman shutting up shop already so those 10 wickets could be really difficult to take.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
it's disappointing because, like against zimbabwe, bangladesh switched off for periods and have let a chance at a result slip away.

That's a few times I feel they've raised their game when under pressue in tests, but while that's a decent sign in itself, they shouldn't be going out and getting skittled for under 300 on such a pitch then having to come out and save it. Bangladesh's batting may not be brilliant and it lacks a world class player but it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be and probably isn't even outside the worst 8 in the world.

Last edited:

ferg512

International Coach
I have a bad feeling we may end up losing this, I don't think McCullum is willing to settle for a draw and may go after a target if Bangladesh set one. I think they should set one would be silly not to really, I mean a draw isn't getting them anywhere may as well at least go after a win.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
a defeat will get everyone saying "oh they're rubbish, they shouldn't have test status." blah blah blah so of course a draw has some value. you can't exaclty go slagging them off for being terrible when a fairly decent new zealand side hasn't really put them anywhere near to defeat.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I have a bad feeling we may end up losing this, I don't think McCullum is willing to settle for a draw and may go after a target if Bangladesh set one. I think they should set one would be silly not to really, I mean a draw isn't getting them anywhere may as well at least go after a win.

I can't see us losing it, tbh I can't even see Bangladesh setting us anything reasonable, they'll probably just take the draw considering the position they were in.

ferg512

International Coach
a defeat will get everyone saying "oh they're rubbish, they shouldn't have test status." blah blah blah so of course a draw has some value. you can't exaclty go slagging them off for being terrible when a fairly decent new zealand side hasn't really put them anywhere near to defeat.

I don't think so really, I think a lot of people would give them credit for making a game of it, I definitely would because not many captains do that these days. I'm not slagging them off either I'm just once again very disappointed with the state of the surfaces, and I don't really think a draw has much value for them when you consider on these pitches that is the most likely result.

----------

I can't see us losing it, tbh I can't even see Bangladesh setting us anything reasonable, they'll probably just take the draw considering the position they were in.

Yeah, I just don't really trust our batting in these kinds of situations. They had a bit of a mini collapse in Chittagong, which made me lose a bit of confidence. I think overall we've done pretty well in this series really, just still not sure about the opening batsmen (again) and McCullum. After many doubts about Sodhi I think he did alright probably the first choice spin option now if Vettori isn't available.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Southee in for Bracewell would be the only change that I'd make going into the WI Test series. Batting wise if they're going to make any changes it can't be for anyone other than McCullum, which isn't going to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread