Online problem, driving me nuts

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've already posted this in the bugs thread but my efforts to find a fix for myself have hit a brick wall.

Whenever I start the game I get to the screen with Don's face and after a few seconds I get a message telling me that I have to be online to play the game - despite the fact that I am online.

After cancelling the message it will try again and keep giving me the same message. This can happen up to twenty times before suddenly letting me in to the game. Then, while in the game, I can't connect to the academy server at all in order to download teams and players.

This problem is a continuation of an issue I had with the academy months ago. After one update managed to lose all my created logos and custom teams a later one developed this same problem so I abandoned it and just waited for the game.

Then, despite deleting all my old academy data, I was dismayed to see the problem return and also I noticed that the handful of test creations I made just before deleting the academy were still there. I've since tried deleting all local content so I can have a completely fresh install to see if that fixes anything but despite trawling my computer for any trace of DBC17 files and deleting them, each new install seems to bring back all my old content and the same connection problems.

I've tried installing the game in a different location, disabled my anti-virus software while trying to connect and checked all my firewall settings but still nothing is getting through.

I've also noticed that when the game is trying to connect to anything it seems to kill my entire internet connection. It still shows as connected but if I try to open Google for example while attempting to download a team then nothing will happen until I cancel the download after which Google will open immediately.

Any ideas -particularly how to do a full, brand spanking new install - from anyone? At the moment I'm sat here with 40 quid worth of unusable software.

Attachments

• dbc17.jpg
    dbc17.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 338

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Then, despite deleting all my old academy data, I was dismayed to see the problem return and also I noticed that the handful of test creations I made just before deleting the academy were still there. I've since tried deleting all local content so I can have a completely fresh install to see if that fixes anything but despite trawling my computer for any trace of DBC17 files and deleting them, each new install seems to bring back all my old content and the same connection problems.
Steam enables by default a cloud save option - which will restore your save files, not realising it was an intentional deletion. Right click DBC17 in the game list in Steam, go to Properties > Updates and uncheck the box for Steam Cloud.

I'm not sure what's happening with the online message - you can check that you can connect to the game servers by going to https://status.bigant.com/ in your browser.

There's no need to do a full install, as there's no functional difference between that and validating game files -

In the main Steam window, right click the 'Don Bradman Cricket 17' in your game list, and select properties.

From there, select the Local Files tab and click the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache' button.

This will check the game install and redownload any incomplete or missing files.

Hopefully a combination of those two will get the game running again.

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Steam enables by default a cloud save option - which will restore your save files, not realising it was an intentional deletion. Right click DBC17 in the game list in Steam, go to Properties > Updates and uncheck the box for Steam Cloud.

I'm not sure what's happening with the online message - you can check that you can connect to the game servers by going to https://status.bigant.com/ in your browser.

There's no need to do a full install, as there's no functional difference between that and validating game files -

Hopefully a combination of those two will get the game running again.

Thanks for the help but after a bit of investigating it looks like the trouble is at my end.

The game doesn't seem to like my wireless adapter. After trailing a long ethernet cable through the house so I could use a wired connection everything works fine.

This isn't a long term solution but at least I can get all the stuff from the academy now and then look into replacing my adapter later.

Cheers again.

Edit: And on further inspection it's not the Wifi adapter, just the adapter when plugged into a particular USB socket. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread