Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
What I don't get with everyone moaning about the lack of co-op is what is wrong with sharing one controller? When bowling one person takes an end and passes it over for the next over. Same goes for batting, just pass the controller when you are on strike. Problem solved.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Will the game actually implement things that would make co-op make sense for cricket? Different difficulty levels for different players, different camera choices per user, etc.

At least that would create something that couldn't be achieved by simply passing the controller around.

D

Deleted member 9102

When batting especially, it's not quite the same simply passing the controller over. The running mix-ups that can happen when you're not on the same wavelength are pretty funny and for me are an integral part of playing a cricket game in co-op.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
My point is though is that people have been going on as if it's not possible to play co-op when in fact it is. But yeah I agree with you Madman it can make for some hilarious and infuriating moments.

Will the game actually implement things that would make co-op make sense for cricket? Different difficulty levels for different players, different camera choices per user, etc.

At least that would create something that couldn't be achieved by simply passing the controller around.

I'd be surprised but they are great ideas Matt.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The running mix-ups that can happen when you're not on the same wavelength are pretty funny and for me are an integral part of playing a cricket game in co-op.

I loved these on Lara 99 - sometimes you would deliberately get yourself run out because a brilliant batsman was in next and you didn't want your mate to get him and leave you with a bad one. :)

Mr Snrub

International Coach
I loved these on Lara 99 - sometimes you would deliberately get yourself run out because a brilliant batsman was in next and you didn't want your mate to get him and leave you with a bad one. :)

So, that's what some of my more cynical mates were upto!!!

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We will start rolling out incremental patches to the PC version very soon.

We've had big issues with Xbox One that we've just been able to finish (new firmware etc. in the Xbox One has meant new submission requirements) so there will be a patch for it soon also.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What I don't get with everyone moaning about the lack of co-op is what is wrong with sharing one controller? When bowling one person takes an end and passes it over for the next over. Same goes for batting, just pass the controller when you are on strike. Problem solved.

A point about batting co-op has been made so while fielding I suppose if one gets to control the bowler and the other controls the fielders while they switch the roles every over.

MattW, didn't BigAnt consider different difficulty settings for batting and bowling? Maybe they could pass it on for different users too. Personally, I feel that if it is just 2 person co-op with the AI then it could push the AI off tracks with the varying difficulties thereby suggesting a common level of difficulty per discipline is not a bad option atall.

balkeet

International Coach

We've had big issues with Xbox One that we've just been able to finish (new firmware etc. in the Xbox One has meant new submission requirements) so there will be a patch for it soon also.

patch 3 for summer vacation.................:yes

balkeet

International Coach
option to simulate the whole tornament like IPL etc as is more convenient than doing for each match

kushari

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I just hope, fielder locking position will be there in Patch-3....Its stop the flow to change fielder after change of each bowler or batsman...

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
MattW, didn't BigAnt consider different difficulty settings for batting and bowling? Maybe they could pass it on for different users too. Personally, I feel that if it is just 2 person co-op with the AI then it could push the AI off tracks with the varying difficulties thereby suggesting a common level of difficulty per discipline is not a bad option atall.
The reason I suggest it for co-op is simple - so that two players of varying skills can play on the same team. Game difficulty still matters for timing windows and the difficulty of the controls even when you're playing against human opponents, so AI doesn't need to be part of the conversation there.

I think they consider everything, though how much of it is likely/possible is hard to know, depends a lot on the whole game design.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa

Hip hip hooray , please keep us posted along the way , so that we can know if all the major niggles has been handled or not.

Users who are viewing this thread