PCCL Inactivity

Varun

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
And rather than all the members participating, only two to four are there, discussing nonsense.

Chewie

BCCI President
Yea like posting pictures of cheerleaders :/

The thing is that Sohum won't go through the threads picking out spam or anything like that so there is incentive for them to just spam away in order to get their thread counts up.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Yea, I was kinda doing it as a little bit of a joke but looking through the other team threads, it seems like that's all there is. Maybe we should measure activity in match threads. That way it would be easier to keep people on topic, prevent spamming. Just an idea....

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Ya, i think you should go thread views. as they can't cheat on that...

Varun

ICC Board Member
Brilliant, Mossy. We're leading by a mile there.

Chewie

BCCI President
@Mc :facepalm

I think the match thread count would be the best one to use really. No off topic stuff there as Iridium pointed out.

Pranav

ICC Board Member
Hold on a second. Those who have been a part of the previous season(s) would know that spamming (to an extent) is tolerated in the Cricsim forum. One can't keeping on discussing the match again and again. If you guys have a look at the previous year's match/team threads, you'll find very less chat regarding the matches themselves. What you guys call "spamming" isn't actually so when it comes to the Cricsim forum.

I, for one, am pleased with the outcome of the last announcement that Sohum made. The forum is sort of active again, which was the main intention behind the announcement.

Last edited:

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Exactly. Discussing about a match consistently will be boring. Having a little fun in match threads and team threads is not going to take anything away from this league. As mentioned by Pranav spamming to an extent is fine but when it's above the "tolerating" level then the mods are here to deal with it.

Chewie

BCCI President
But back then there would've been quite a few people posting, at the moment it's just a few people over and over again, so it seems quite like over the top spamming

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Exactly. Discussing about a match consistently will be boring. Having a little fun in match threads and team threads is not going to take anything away from this league. As mentioned by Pranav spamming to an extent is fine but when it's above the "tolerating" level then the mods are here to deal with it.

That's true. Activity has really jumped recently. I mean this is just a game. I suppose we should treat it as such. Have some fun here and there.

Pranav

ICC Board Member
But back then there would've been quite a few people posting, at the moment it's just a few people over and over again, so it seems quite like over the top spamming
Don't know about your team, but we still have 7-8 people who post frequently. Back then (talking specifically about the Bitters), I was the only one active along with Lezdep during the later stages of the tournament. Same is the case with a couple of teams this year.

As I said, what you call "spamming" isn't actually so in this part of the forum. We're just having some fun, and that is what the Cricsim forum is meant for!

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
yay.. We play seriously on the field and of the field we just like to chill out. If Brett Lee can play guitar and perform in a band in off season, heck we can atleast talk about cheerleader when we are not playing :p

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
We can't really discuss about matches all the time, there are match threads where we usually discusses everything about matches, and some little more in team threads.

Then the forum would be dead, that happened a while ago and now it's active yet again. Team threads are also for fun and banter.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Haven't personally checked out any threads. But PCCL always tolerates a bit more OT stuff than other parts of the forum. Posts in this forum don't count towards your post count so as long as you aren't doing anything against the rules (such as insulting another member, swearing, racism, etc.) it's okay.

Personally, I'm happy to come back to this forum and see more than one thread having new posts.

Users who are viewing this thread