Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah,me too facing this.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Don't think it's a major problem, maybe the server is down. It doesn't happen usually for me though.

Ahmad Shah

Panel of Selectors
Yeah,the same thing was troubling me 5 minutes back and it happened for nearly 1 and a half hours,the Admins really need to do something about this.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Is this affecting users anywhere other than in India? Hard to pin down what the problem might be.
Next time it happens can you paste a tracert for me.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I believe the recent long downtime was a datacentre issue (will follow that up) - but they are rare.

Otherwise, our statistics show the server has been pumping out pages fairly consistently, with no obvious downtime, and a fairly stable pattern. The site is most busy on Saturday and at 5am-8am US EST daily, which means that if you're experiencing downtime, most of it is simply that the site is busy at the times you access the site (the times correspond to late afternoon in India, which is to be expected).

There's room for improvement, but I think you're overstating the problem. The vast majority of times a simple refresh solves things.

Atharv

Club Cricketer
it happens quite frequently , but for a short duration. This time it was for longer duration. Even Downornot was saying that planetcricket was down.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Nope mate. If you check the Any Improvements? thread, I've posted this a couple of times before too.
I fully accept you have issues connecting to the site, but if there were multiple periods of downtime daily, it would show up in our logging, something it doesn't do. Which means the issues are either at a different point in the chain (such as a congested link, which is why Colin suggests a traceroute, which shows the timing split in the link, to weed out the ISP/transport as an issue) or just simply the result of the server being overloaded as opposed to 'down'.

Users who are viewing this thread