Post your questions about the game here!

Jay OTT

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I'm not sure if anyone would know for sure the answer to this, but it's worth asking anyway since I can't find an answer anywhere...

So, when it comes to how bowling skills correlate with in game effect... for spinners it's easy to see that the skill levels in each delivery directly influence the amount of RPM that is imparted on the ball when bowling that type of delivery. And following that logic, for pace bowlers it's also easy to observe how a skilled bowler gets more swing or cut on the ball when bowling swinging or cutting deliveries...

But what about Straight Seam and Slower Ball? Since any movement you get in the air or off the pitch is a result of the condition of the ball and where the ball bounces on the seam respectively, what exactly is a bowler who's skilled at Straight Seam and Slower Ball better at in-game than one who isn't skilled in these deliveries?

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
@Jay OTT I'm not sure regarding slower balls as I rarely bowl them but from my experience a higher straight seam setting will give more movement off the seam should the wicket suit. Think this also affects seam movement when bowling in/out-swing.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Adding New Feature of change in difficulty in Career Mode can give a chance of cheating our self when You are not able to score in Legend , You can Play in Pro and improve your Batting Average ,

I will Like this feature to set difficulty only before start the career Mode .

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Adding New Feature of change in difficulty in Career Mode can give a chance of cheating our self when You are not able to score in Legend , You can Play in Pro and improve your Batting Average ,

I will Like this feature to set difficulty only before start the career Mode .
How is this cheating ??
Its up to you to go down or go up in difficulty.
Its a welcome feature.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Its up to you to go down or go up in difficulty.
Its a welcome feature.

I agree but now that this feature has been added I do hope that Big Ant will get rid off the ridiculous normalisation of skills in career mode also. The reason for it's inclusion was leaderboards, but now that leaderboard points will be able to be manipulated by lowering difficulty there is no excuse for the normalisation.

Last edited:

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
If I am Going to compare my career Player records with my friend's career Player , I will not known How much match he has played in Pro or in Legend . And this can be a cheat.

If you want to play in pro then you can start your career in Pro but in mid career you should not be allowed to lower your difficulty.

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
best way to compare with friends is get them on for a match than any leader board or stats comparing.
Absolutely right, leader board can be manipulated without using this feature.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
best way to compare with friends is get them on for a match than any leader board or stats comparing.

Cricket is Game of states , Its Different feel when You compare your career stats . No Worth of keeping LeaderBoard In Current situation .Many will be disappoint as I am .

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I agree but now that this feature has been added I do hope that Big Ant will get rid off the ridiculous normalisation of skills in career mode also. The reason for it's inclusion was leaderboards, but now that leaderboard points will be able to be manipulated by lowering difficulty there is no excuse for the normalisation.

I would go a step further and suggest that all the constraints built in with leaderboards in mind should be done away with. Let folks who purchase the game play it any way which they like. It will only result in positive feedback and greater success. I don't think anyone will go "gee Big Ant really messed up by allowing me to choose and change career difficulty as it will render leaderboards useless.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
I would go a step further and suggest that all the constraints built in with leaderboards in mind should be done away with. Let folks who purchase the game play it any way which they like. It will only result in positive feedback and greater success. I don't think anyone will go "gee Big Ant really messed up by allowing me to choose and change career difficulty as it will render leaderboards useless.

I completely agree.

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
Hey there, I want to know how does the jump input (pulling the stick downwards) late or earlier "while the needle is inside the green zone", affects the bowling? I know that release input inside the green zone effects how the bowl is pitched (like for good length it is usually can be anywhere b/w 4 m and 6 m I guess) but I don't know how does the jump input works in similar fashion?

Users who are viewing this thread