2024 Pakistan Super League - General Discussions

Which team do You support?

• Total voters

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
I have no idea why Shahid Afridi left Peshawar Zalmi, and I don't wanna see him play for any team other than Peshawar Zalmi. I think it's a good idea to increase teams, especially if they're doing it one by one.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Last edited:

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm all for it. Will make it a better tournament, and allow for more local talent to come through.

I am more looking forward to more games being played in Pakistan, should allow for better crowds and new pitches for the players.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
6th team Addition will make tournament better a lot. We would also see two teams knocked out this time (not just Lahore Qalandars :p)

More overseas players will come and as Sethi said there will be 8 matches in Pakistan. 4 in Karachi and 4 in Lahore and if this is gonna happen with renowned overseas players, successfully. International Cricket will be back in Pakistan! ;)

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors

Its so pleasing to have sixth team in the PSL. I would suggest to name it from Azad Kashmir either or Fata to represent that part of country as well.

Afridi joins KK has a neutral reaction of me. Although, I would like to see him playing for Peshawar Zalmi always but their must be some conflicts with management there. In favor of KK, I see Afridi as best option to replace Sangakara as Captain.

Generally for the good of Pakistan Cricket and PSL. I would like to see more local heroes than reliance on the foreign players. The last addition didn't induct much local players unlike IPL. Lahore Qalanders talent hunt program didn't produce a single quality fast bowler/batsmen who got the chance to play in PSL. I feel that reliance is too much on big names in PSL Teams, The case should be a good balance between big names and local players so that they can learn from their experience.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Generally for the good of Pakistan Cricket and PSL. I would like to see more local heroes than reliance on the foreign players. The last addition didn't induct much local players unlike IPL. Lahore Qalanders talent hunt program didn't produce a single quality fast bowler/batsmen who got the chance to play in PSL. I feel that reliance is too much on big names in PSL Teams, The case should be a good balance between big names and local players so that they can learn from their experience.
I think it's enough that emerging players get to spend some time with quality coaches and overseas players in the first couple of seasons. After that, when they'll probably have established themselves in domestic as well, they could become regulars. That's how it works in other leagues. Lahore have Ghulam Mudassar, Irfan Jr., Saif Badar and Usman Qadir. You're being a little harsh, i think. You can't expect them to perform consistently in the first season.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I think it's enough that emerging players get to spend some time with quality coaches and overseas players in the first couple of seasons. After that, when they'll probably have established themselves in domestic as well, they could become regulars. That's how it works in other leagues. Lahore have Ghulam Mudassar, Irfan Jr., Saif Badar and Usman Qadir. You're being a little harsh, i think. You can't expect them to perform consistently in the first season.
Its so pleasing to have sixth team in the PSL. I would suggest to name it from Azad Kashmir either or Fata to represent that part of country as well.

Afridi joins KK has a neutral reaction of me. Although, I would like to see him playing for Peshawar Zalmi always but their must be some conflicts with management there. In favor of KK, I see Afridi as best option to replace Sangakara as Captain.

Mohammad Irfan JR did play a key role in opening the bowling for LQs...

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I know about Irfan Junior but he was already a domestic player as far as I heard in Geo Super. I meant the talent hunt across Punjab not the one already playing the domestic season. Its hard to believe why Usman Qadir did't get a single match in Qalanders. Furthermore, I was thinking how such a transparent talent hunt process could not find a single genuine Fast Bowler... Or any talented Batsmen for Qalanders.. Its hard to imagine.... They made a team and toured it with Australia as well but only gave chance to Irfan Jr. and Muddasar. Muddasar was aweful though.... But you guys are right maybe the talent will get polished in coming seasons and we will see some more fresh faces.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Muddasar was aweful though.... But you guys are right maybe the talent will get polished in coming seasons and we will see some more fresh faces.
He did well in the recent OD cup. Need to give him time to improv

S

Satan666

Wish I had the opportunity to follow this league. Very happy to know international players showed up in Pakistan! Most of all it was a safe tournament.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Wish I had the opportunity to follow this league. Very happy to know international players showed up in Pakistan! Most of all it was a safe tournament.
Only the final was played in Pakistan. Next season they're planning to host 8 matches there.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Imran Nazir is back! It's not fake.
18403408_1878208705772379_1919856644735250757_n.jpg