Question on career mode

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
After a long time I've decided to try another career. I downloaded get best but I realised whilst it may provide you with the updated players, it doesn't change the batting line ups eg. Aust still has S Watson as No 3, SA has P Hughes (RIP) as an opener, etc.

Is there a way to get proper updated teams including proper updated batting line ups without having to update it all manually by myself? Given we can't change it once we start our career, I'd like to have the most up to date rosters AND batting lineups for ALL teams (domestic and international).

AL_Amin

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Althouh i haven't done so myself, still i would take a guess and say you need to search all the teams individually on academy and download the most up to date ones one by one. Not too sure if there's other ways around it.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
yeah mate, downloading each team is the easy part....however the batting lineups are all over the place and even though the player models look great, the actually batting lineup (and the actual roster) is still outdated.

Just on that, how often are those teams we get when we 'get best' updated, and where do they come from?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
After a long time I've decided to try another career. I downloaded get best but I realised whilst it may provide you with the updated players, it doesn't change the batting line ups eg. Aust still has S Watson as No 3, SA has P Hughes (RIP) as an opener, etc.

Is there a way to get proper updated teams including proper updated batting line ups without having to update it all manually by myself? Given we can't change it once we start our career, I'd like to have the most up to date rosters AND batting lineups for ALL teams (domestic and international).

Don't use get best. The thread I started lists plenty of teams that have been updated. The amount of time you'd spend setting it up dwarfs the time you'll spend playing.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Thanks mate. Well done on bringing everything together in the one spot!

No worries. The community thing is fantastic, but also people have to get their head around community created content and that not everything is gonna be 100%. A bit of time spent on it is nothing compared to the total playing time

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Agreed. I still had to tinker with the batting lineups and I used the Shield finals scorecards as a guide to the team lists (for better or for worse). Funny...I also had to think about the future of say the Aussie team eg. no more Ryno, Clarke (One day), Haddin, Watson (joke), etc. I replaced Haddin with Neville (he's from NSW...isn't that like an automatic entry into the Aussie team?).

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Agreed. I still had to tinker with the batting lineups and I used the Shield finals scorecards as a guide to the team lists (for better or for worse). Funny...I also had to think about the future of say the Aussie team eg. no more Ryno, Clarke (One day), Haddin, Watson (joke), etc. I replaced Haddin with Neville (he's from NSW...isn't that like an automatic entry into the Aussie team?).

Neville should've received his baggy green with the blue one from NSW ;)

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Neville should've received his baggy green with the blue one from NSW ;)

WHAT??? are you suggesting there's some secret conspiracy that CA favours NSW players over any other state??? I mean...its not like there's many NSW players in the Aussie team now right?

Warner (NSW)
Smith (NSW)
Clarke (NSW)
Haddin (NSW)
Ahmed (NSW)
Hazlewood (NSW)
Lyon (NSW)
Starc (NSW)

nah....dunno what you talkin' bout ;)

jokes aside, he probably deserves it though. He scored something like 700+ runs in shield cricket last season and was good behind the stumps.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
WHAT??? are you suggesting there's some secret conspiracy that CA favours NSW players over any other state??? I mean...its not like there's many NSW players in the Aussie team now right?

Warner (NSW)
Smith (NSW)
Clarke (NSW)
Haddin (NSW)
Ahmed (NSW)
Hazlewood (NSW)
Lyon (NSW)
Starc (NSW)

nah....dunno what you talkin' bout ;)

jokes aside, he probably deserves it though. He scored something like 700+ runs in shield cricket last season and was good behind the stumps.

Still recall the time in 90s and early 2000s when it was supposedly tougher to get into NSW team than the Aus one, and the NSW team was actually stronger than lots of intl sides.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
True. Surprising how lots of domestic players have to head to other states to get game time (and flourish) eg Ryno, Khawaja, Hughes, etc.

I guess thats why its good to have the Aust domestic comp comprising of non test players so you can truly see the up and comers thrive without the help of the 'elites'. Unfortunately it probably doesn't help for crowd numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread