Random Thoughts

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
The building is fantabulous! One of mankind's greatest creations. Ah! Wish India had something like that!

Last edited:

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
am I the only person that can admit to eating frozen/cold chips?

D

Dutch

The building is fantabulous! One of mankind's greatest creations. Ah! Wish India had something like that!

Just reading an article that they were talking about the top 30 or 40 stroies being useless as the rooms are only big enough for storage: so you have to cart up stuff to store half a mile high!!!!:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

Imagine being a piano mover in that place:D

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Wait, wait wait....isn't Dubai going through a whole economic collapse right now? I heard they could cause the next recession for the world too...

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
10%20tallest%20buildings-1.jpg

800px-BurjDubaiHeight.svg.png

400px-Burj_Dubai-Dubai3214.JPG

Looks alright but for Dubai standards not that great. Wonder if the China tower will try and topple that.

D

Dutch

Wait, wait wait....isn't Dubai going through a whole economic collapse right now? I heard they could cause the next recession for the world too...

Yes the government has apparantly pumped billions into the Dubai economy to keep it afloat. they are despeartely hoping that the city continues to grow to be the richmans little play centre. That building is quite frankly just another obscene reminder of what money can do to people; what is is for? What is its real usefulness???:facepalm

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
They will be sleeping in the street and deep down feeling proud their nation has the tallest building in the world :p

Seriously though the building would have created work during the construction process, if its helping now is another question.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Cricketman brought up the same point I was going to. Dubai just got a $10bn bailout package from their neighboring emirate and the capital emirate of the UAE--Abu Dhabi. Hardly the best time to unveil such a building!

BackwardPoint

Banned
I cant wait till the oil runs out in the Middle East. There will be no investment or tourism in that part of the world once its gone.

Thats partly why they are building Dubai up, so that it will still look attractive once the oil is gone. LOL good luck, oil is the only reason anyone would set foot in that god forsaken land

D

Dutch

I cant wait till the oil runs out in the Middle East. There will be no investment or tourism in that part of the world once its gone.

Thats partly why they are building Dubai up, so that it will still look attractive once the oil is gone. LOL good luck, oil is the only reason anyone would set foot in that god forsaken land

Well if the oil goes you can pretty much shut down your computer and anything else you have running at the moment: it is either run by or made of the stuff!!!

Users who are viewing this thread