The 2017 County Project

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
@Kiko_97

I had to do a fresh install today, I downloaded your county teams. Maybe it's just me cause I've been having issues, but Josh Cobb appeared in two teams (Lancs and Northants) and Nathan Buck was missing (I uploaded a linked version to him if you want to add him - if not - his name is Neal Blake on the game).

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I'm aware of the Nathan Buck issue (I blame the version I downloaded from the academy). I'll be resuming some work on this over the weekend too.

Fantazm

County Cricketer
Can you ensure you don't enable the leading 0 for all the county teams like whoever the current 'get beat' creator did please? I'm obviously grateful for the effort that was made in making the kits, but not so grateful that I've had to disable the leading 0 on every single kit because nobody uses it in reality.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Fixed the Worcestershire logo so the curve isnt all janky on the bottom right.

worcestershire2.png

worcestershire.png

Improved Derbyshire Logo

derby.png

Improved Durham Logo

durham.png

Improved Essex Logo

essex.png

Last edited:

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Sorry this has gone a bit quiet but i've started a new job recently and that's been my priority for the most part. When I can i'll run through and remind myself where we're up to. As I can see @inertSpark has done some quietly brilliant work in the background. (Where's the Western Storm kit for the KSL btw?) And work on assigning bats will probably be saved until kits are released for teams as its just easier that way.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Thanks for these, @inertSpark! Just went through replacing the old ones I had for those clubs with your new ones and they look much better. Are you going through all of them? I'm amazed how well you're getting the detail in your logos these days! :)

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Thanks for these, @inertSpark! Just went through replacing the old ones I had for those clubs with your new ones and they look much better. Are you going through all of them? I'm amazed how well you're getting the detail in your logos these days! :)

Thanks. Just a developing understanding of what can work and what doesn't. Take the Kent logo for example. The shield part is the same layer duplicated 3 times. The bottom layer is a dark blue colour, the middle one is a radial gradient from red to the same dark blue. The top is a radial gradient from white, to transparent. When you understand both how things work, and also what limitations you have with the tools you use, then you can do some amazing things.

I don't intend to do them all. I just intend to improve the ones that bug me when playing the game. The Worcestershire one was in dire need of attention, as was Durham. Logos like Gloucestershire are simply too detailed to work properly in any capacity, and others like Hampshire and Lancashire are already near-perfect.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
as you've already done the shield could you do the kent 'spitfires' logo too?

Done. Best I could do without a really high quality image of the logo. Strangely I couldn't find a high res anywhere.

kent spitfires.png

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Right this took me long enough. Western Storm kit has finally been shared. Credit to @wasteyouryouth for the team logo and KSL logo.

I realised last night that the kit I was working on previously was outdated so this is the most recent one. Simplified the criss-cross pattern and made the entire front and back sides unified logos, sponsors and all. This has kept the logo count down - 6 in total for the whole kit.

western-storm-front.jpg
storm1.png
storm2.png
storm3.png
storm4.png
western-storm5.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread