MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
As some of you might have noticed, I've been away for most of the last week. One of the things I did was to visit the Bradman Oval, and the International Cricket Hall of Fame/Bradman Museum that's next to it.

I found that the museum part was focused a bit too heavily on cricket more broadly, leaving the section on Bradman himself to be a relatively small area. It's a hard balancing act, given Bradman's modesty (which was why the game isn't "Sir Donald" Bradman Cricket) - but I think the result is an exhibition on cricket that's better for those new to the game.

That's not to say it isn't worth the trip out there - the ability to recreate Bradman's training on a replica of his water tank is probably worth it alone and there's only so much seeing a picture of historical cricket equipment can do vs the real thing. But the main event has to be taking a look around the Bradman Oval next to it.

Here's some photos I took:

WP_20150414_012.jpg WP_20150414_010.jpg WP_20150414_011.jpg
WP_20150414_008.jpg WP_20150414_009.jpg

WP_20150414_11_43_20_Panorama.jpg

WP_20150414_007.jpg WP_20150414_013.jpg

Big Ant did a great job capturing the feel of the Oval, after playing there so much in the game I really did feel like I was revisiting it - rather than as seeing it for the first time.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Wonderfull Photo`s MattW , would have like to visit it myself , but Australia is too far away from South Africa.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I like there's a little bit of me inside the home of the greatest batsman to ever play the game... Awesome photos @MattW ...cool to see the game there too.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Wonderfull Photo`s MattW , would have like to visit it myself , but Australia is too far away from South Africa.

pffft, thats not what a heck of a lot of your countrymen say! ;)

yeah I've been to Bradman oval when I was down at Bowral for work in 2001...other than the oval, my only other memory of the place was the old '4 seasons in one day'. BA have done an excellent job in portraying Bradman oval, which is why its my fav ground in the game.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
pffft, thats not what a heck of a lot of your countrymen say! ;)

yeah I've been to Bradman oval when I was down at Bowral for work in 2001...other than the oval, my only other memory of the place was the old '4 seasons in one day'. BA have done an excellent job in portraying Bradman oval, which is why its my fav ground in the game.

Wow it's funny you say that, I worked in Bowral back in 2004 for a couple of months on and off and the "4 seasons in one day" was experienced a few times. The Southern Highlands are a beautiful part of Australia. Myself and a mate once got hustled by a one-armed pool shark in neighbouring Moss Vale, that was a rough little village!

Big Ant have recreated it perfectly and it's my favourite ground to play on in the game due to being a lot like the places I used to play cricket back in the U.K. Would like to see a couple of similar style grounds in the next iteration, Arundel Castle is one that instantly springs to mind.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
lol well whadday know! I went down there to audit a US subsidiary (who made mining equipment I think) for about a week. We did a drive through one afternoon when the guy I was working with found out I also loved cricket. Can't go much further than Bowral!! :P

Westindies

Club Captain
wow thats really cool!!!! when i first saw the pict, i thought its PS4 lol!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread