The Bats Thread

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Some of them have been up for a while but just to publicise them a bit I've put all my old bats from the 90s up.

Credit to Munkeymomo who did most of the detail for the GM bat, I've also put a version up with a load of electrical tape on the toe representing the time my brother smashed the outside edge to pieces three days into a holiday up the French Alps and we had to glue, tennis tape, and leccy tape it up so we could carry on playing for the rest of the holiday. We were panicking so much that we tried to find a new bat in the ski shop up the Alps and we even looked into getting a bat shipped up the Alps next day from a shop in Bristol, in the pre-internet days. Involved in those ideas were people who were and/or are eminent British scientists.

Anyway, the Lords bat wasn't one of mine but the great Tony Cottey used something like that back in the old days so I had a go at it.

They're under relaxedanderson if anyone's interested.

View attachment 181837 View attachment 181836 View attachment 181838 View attachment 181839 View attachment 181840 View attachment 181842 View attachment 181841

brilliant! i found one of your bats the other day but the academy only showed the user number and not name and i wondered who it was and if there were any more... great work mate. do you plan to do any other retroish bats?

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
brilliant! i found one of your bats the other day but the academy only showed the user number and not name and i wondered who it was and if there were any more... great work mate. do you plan to do any other retroish bats?

If it's shared from a different platform to you, it shows a user number rather than a name. If you search for a specific user name though, it will still show up all their stuff. - Unless it's been reshared - in which case it shows the original user name. Weirdly.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
If it's shared from a different platform to you, it shows a user number rather than a name. If you search for a specific user name though, it will still show up all their stuff. - Unless it's been reshared - in which case it shows the original user name. Weirdly.

Yeah I knew that but as I didn't know the real name I didn't know what to search for.

It's annoying we don't have the "show more from user" option anymore and also that searching by user number doesn't work.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yeah I knew that but as I didn't know the real name I didn't know what to search for.

It's annoying we don't have the "show more from user" option anymore and also that searching by user number doesn't work.

THIS GAME IS STILL IN BETA!!!!!!!! :lol

bahawkes

Club Cricketer
Anyone else notice Martin Guptill's custom Kookaburra bat during his knock of 180* against SA the other day? Looks kind of retro. Like a Kookaburra from the 90's

C50cZywXMAI2McZ.jpg-large.jpeg
_94888837_guptill_afp.jpg

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer

Cheers mate!

I will be looking to do some more retro bats at some point butat the moment I've been limited to the ones I had lying around in the attic. I have vague ambitions to do things like the old V500, an old brand called Open Championship that David Gower endorsed back in the early 80s and Dennis Lillee's infamous ComBat but I've struggled to find decent images to work from. I used to have a load of Morrant catalogues from the 90s but I assume they've been thrown out now. I could probably have a go at the V500 sooner rather than later though since I've got most of the pieces made already.

Watch this space.

Last edited:

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Just put two more retro bats up. Two different versions of the old Slazenger V500.

Cheated a bit as they are the same logo but I just changed the colours.

Enjoy!

View attachment 185589 View attachment 185590
So good! Do you remember the master blaster? It looks really similar to the red V500 but is says Master Blaster. It was my first ever bat and would froth if it was on the academy.

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
This one?

index.jpeg

I may be able to have a go at that. Can't tell you when as I'm bonkers busy in work at the moment but I could have a bash.

Watch this space, again.

Mlovell

School Cricketer
IMG_0638.JPG
IMG_0637.JPG
IMG_0640.JPG
IMG_0639.JPG
IMG_0635.JPG
Can anyone have a go at creating my puma evolution 4000?

bahawkes

Club Cricketer
Could anybody have a bash at the new hawk bat please?

IMG_2258.JPG IMG_2259.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread