The India thread

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Is that what the blobset creator does then?

I'll share all my SVG files if that's the case, people can use what they like.

No. The blobset creator uses DDS files. But the SVGs you have for a lot of them are higher quality than many of the images available on Google. So the SVG files can be converted to PNG images and then convert them to DDS.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yeah with that we can replace the default ones.
Interesting.
No. The blobset creator uses DDS files. But the SVGs you have for a lot of them are higher quality than many of the images available on Google. So the SVG files can be converted to PNG images and then convert them to DDS.
Yeah, I'm currently having a crack at learning the tricks of the DDS and blobset creator. Because a lot of the earlier logos (India included) were adapted to fit to the file size I'm inclined to start going back through them and improve the quality.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Interesting.

Yeah, I'm currently having a crack at learning the tricks of the DDS and blobset creator. Because a lot of the earlier logos (India included) were adapted to fit to the file size I'm inclined to start going back through them and improve the quality.

With the DDS files, quality doesnt seem to affect the file sizes too much. As long as you choose the same format and codec and dimension as the on-disk logo, the file size will be about the same.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
With the DDS files, quality doesnt seem to affect the file sizes too much. As long as you choose the same format and codec and dimension as the on-disk logo, the file size will be about the same.
I had a crack at doing the KKR logo. Was a lot of trial and error but got there in the end. The SVG was 142kb. I exported that as PNG, opened it in paint.net program and made the size alterations in there. It didn't seem to like copying and pasting because the SVG had clips (whatever they are) although it did work with just plain files (I tried a RCB svg beforehand).

suddyz

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I had a crack at doing the KKR logo. Was a lot of trial and error but got there in the end. The SVG was 142kb. I exported that as PNG, opened it in paint.net program and made the size alterations in there. It didn't seem to like copying and pasting because the SVG had clips (whatever they are) although it did work with just plain files (I tried a RCB svg beforehand).

The best way I found to do this is to find images with as high a resolution as possible then resize the image to adhere to the in-game size.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Had a crack at creating the logos for IPL teams using the blobset creator.
AHGJc12.png

debojit7

School Cricketer
Don't mean to be pushy, just curious if anyone is working on the domestic team kits?

Skankhunt 42

Banned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
The images are hard to find for a bunch of indian domestic teams. I'm on the hunt though. Watching highlights of vijay hazare trophy 2017, may provide some handful of references though. I'll try to send some once back home.

@wasteyouryouth may be this could help: Cricket Photos | Global | ESPN Cricinfo

Watch all here: The Board Of Control For Cricket In India

I'll keep on adding to the list as I found more.

Been using those as a source already, it IS difficult. I think what I'll do is use the T20 kits for some of the teams that are on the BCCI sites or just look for the most recent I can find.

Skankhunt 42

Banned
I think what I'll do is use the T20 kits for some of the teams that are on the BCCI sites
This one makes quite a lot of sense![DOUBLEPOST=1491923692][/DOUBLEPOST]Just found one for Punjab! unsure about the season though! may be not from 2017 but can be better than default!

Punjab VH 2017.jpg

Skankhunt 42

Banned
The red and Blue one is for Vidarbha, the fielder appears to be from Tripura. Check here.
Back of Vidarbha kit: here
Another Vidarbha reference: here and here
Utter Pradesh Kit is here
Kerala kit and here
Gujarat Kit
Goa Kit
Mumbai Kit. This one is pretty straight forward! and more reference
Himachal Pradesh. Definitely not 2017 kit but well, none are find elsewhere. The team name should be written at front like the one in tamilnadu kit.
J&K Kit
Hyderabad Kit
Odisa (batting) and Assam (keeping) reference: here
Haryana Kit
Rajasthan Kit The one in blue and yellow!

Can you make something out of it? @wasteyouryouth

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread