What has become of Online Game Play

NursingHomeFire

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The state of affairs with fair play in DB Cricket has gone to the dogs honestly

People rage quitting after they loose their first 2 wickets in 2 balls
Players bowling medium pacers at 90km per hour slow ball bouncers that hardly bounces
Is this what has become of online cricket

its honestly sad, and spoils an otherwise great game

Still baffles my mind how a draw gets calculated when 3 runs are required to win with 8 balls left

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Play against people you know... except @MattW he rage declares ....and then sometimes wins because, funny.

Great username, btw.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
He knows to stay clear of all the randoms , until BA can sort online play out.

But he ignores us , and keeps on bumping his head ... :)

gaz6358

School Cricketer
The state of affairs with fair play in DB Cricket has gone to the dogs honestly

People rage quitting after they loose their first 2 wickets in 2 balls
Players bowling medium pacers at 90km per hour slow ball bouncers that hardly bounces
Is this what has become of online cricket

its honestly sad, and spoils an otherwise great game

Still baffles my mind how a draw gets calculated when 3 runs are required to win with 8 balls left
My username is gaz6358 ps4 if u fancy adding me for online

dharish

School Cricketer
Any XBOX online users? I hardly get a chance to play with one..

NursingHomeFire

School Cricketer
I made some screen shots of how people are playing the game
the pitch, then medium pacers and bowling slow ball bouncers, that doesn't indicate red for a bouncer at all.
the ball barely making middle of the stumps

honestly, this is such a disgrace

how difficult can it be to implement measures that warns or auto forfeit the game, when it has become so negative to play

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^
Play against people you know

Pretty sure you'll get many interested people here who will be willing to play online with you. Just set up a time slot and you'll be good to go.

kushari

International Coach
I made some screen shots of how people are playing the game
the pitch, then medium pacers and bowling slow ball bouncers, that doesn't indicate red for a bouncer at all.
the ball barely making middle of the stumps

honestly, this is such a disgrace

how difficult can it be to implement measures that warns or auto forfeit the game, when it has become so negative to play

Its Impossible..As what is negative play depends from person to person... I know few guys, who are more comfortable with slow and short bowl with Medium & Fast medium bowlers than fast yorker at 158.4 kmph...Unless its illegal as per law of Cricket, its difficult to implement anything like that by BAS.

NursingHomeFire

School Cricketer
Its Impossible..As what is negative play depends from person to person... I know few guys, who are more comfortable with slow and short bowl with Medium & Fast medium bowlers than fast yorker at 158.4 kmph...Unless its illegal as per law of Cricket, its difficult to implement anything like that by BAS.

It speaks volumes of the person you play against, honestly,
I can still understand the loop spin bowlers players use, and it gets to a point where it really honestly spoils a good game

If and when I play online, I bat first, if I notice his negative play, I quit the game honestly and I just don't care about the messages some sends after wards

I have 3 fast bowlers
4 spinners and
3 medium pace bowlers, but I don't bowl the long hop slow ball bouncer
cutters, slower, faster, swing etc

but I guess they play for the win NO MATTER WHAT

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
It has been a problem since day one , and sadly , I get the feeling that it will not be taken care off.

Only way is to only play Online League where we totally outlaw these balls.

@BigAntStudios

Just a question , is fixing this exploit on your to do list for Patch 3 , in the sense of maybe opening up the Timing window a bit more etc.

Just curious.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Folks, it's futile to imagine that online gaming would be free of exploits. If Big Ant take care of slow short deliveries, people will find another glitch. It happens everywhere for every game. Even EA hasn't been able to remove online glitches/exploits for Madden and EA though they come out with annual iterations and additional patches for those games. People will always try to find any advantage they can get and will "lab the game" (process of spending hours in casual or practice modes to find something that can give them an advantage) hours to beat others.

IMO it's not bad news as you do expect competition and varied tactics when you venture online. By default online gameplay is for competitive gamers who are no longer challenged by AI. If you expect people to play by certain rules then, sorry to say, online gaming is not for you. People play games to win, especially the online ones, and most will do whatever it takes to do so. I find rage quitters more of a nuisance than folks who use any specific tactic (short balls etc.) to win matches.

kushari

International Coach
Folks, it's futile to imagine that online gaming would be free of exploits. If Big Ant take care of slow short deliveries, people will find another glitch. It happens everywhere for every game. Even EA hasn't been able to remove online glitches/exploits for Madden and EA though they come out with annual iterations and additional patches for those games. People will always try to find any advantage they can get and will "lab the game" (process of spending hours in casual or practice modes to find something that can give them an advantage) hours to beat others.

IMO it's not bad news as you do expect competition and varied tactics when you venture online. By default online gameplay is for competitive gamers who are no longer challenged by AI. If you expect people to play by certain rules then, sorry to say, online gaming is not for you. People play games to win, especially the online ones, and most will do whatever it takes to do so. I find rage quitters more of a nuisance than folks who use any specific tactic (short balls etc.) to win matches.

Could not agree more...Problem is not with Online Game, problem is with unreasonable expectations from online gaming..

grkrama

National Board President
Though i would add there are two types of online gamers, those who play a game of rock paper scissor for just that moment of wining and literally have a drab game.

Or those play just for the game to enjoy it without caring for win or lose you will enjoy your games with such people, mostly your friends or people in leagues. With the second category you will get a great game of cricket.

So you need to choose what you want and go with that group and you will enjoy it the best.
BA spending time and resource to get into a game of cat and mouse with fixing exploits wont help them, the game or us much.

kushari

International Coach
We have a very interesting discussion going on in regards to Online Exploitation in this Facebook page.. I have tagged Ross too in a comment there...Its interesting to see such extreme opinion about what constitutes fair and unfair depending on whom you ask...

Se connecter à Facebook | Facebook

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
We have a very interesting discussion going on in regards to Online Exploitation in this Facebook page.. I have tagged Ross too in a comment there...Its interesting to see such extreme opinion about what constitutes fair and unfair depending on whom you ask...

Se connecter à Facebook | Facebook

It will always be the case and you will never get everyone to agree on what constitutes a fair game. In some people's opinion it might be slow short bouncers from medium and fast medium bowlers, for some it might be slow loopy spinners, for some others it might be change in speed of pace bowlers ranging from 100kph one delivery to 140 kph the next, and for some others it may well be fast yorkers bowled by tall pacemen at 158.2 kph outside the off stump.

I think the opinion will vary depending on what your strengths are. For example if I'm good with spinners I will deem pace bowling based tactics "unfair" and vice-versa for others. IMO it's a credit to DBC 14 and Big Ant that the game has so many tactics you can employ to win. I still recall AC09 days where the only tactic you could use was to load the team up with fast bowlers and have short cover and short mid wkt close-in fielders. In DBC 14 you can win with any kind of bowling which is why I think Big Ant did such a great job in replicating real life cricket. In actual cricket, spinners win you in sub-continent and pace bowlers rule the roost in Aus, SA or Eng. I think this is what's happening in DBC 14 as well as people have opted for the tactics based on their strengths.

Plus the beauty f DBC is that every tactic can be negated. You can win with pace and with spin, and at the same time you can lose with either tactic as well. It all depends on how goo your opponent is, which is how it's in real life. Bowling to a plan - be it spin or pace - needs lots of discipline, control and practice and folks who have put in the time will and should prevail. If you want to get better, put the time in and you will see the results but whining about slow loopy deliveries or short pace deliveries shows you were beaten by a better player.

Users who are viewing this thread