Problem: You must be online in order to play Don Bradman Cricket 14

jmarcf

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi Guys,

Reposting as a mod deleted and just said do a search which has been done here and on google. The steam forum has people complaining about this but no fix and cannot find anything about this issue on this forum.

Everytime I start the game all I get is DB head and with a message saying "you must be online in order to play Don Bradman Cricket 14" with a press A to continue which I did but just comes back with the same screen.

I don't have a firewall enabled.

Cheers

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
From what I've read the guys on the Steam forum are not complaining about not being able to run the game, they're complaining that they need to be online at all.

Since your original post I have been checking the system to make sure it's running, we can't find a fault on our end and there are many people playing the game.

I can only think there is some sort of blockage on your end, I understand you're not running a firewall so it's hard to understand what might be blocking or intercepting the traffic.

Has the game ever worked for you?

jmarcf

Club Captain

fiction

County Cricketer
In the first link, there's a post by a guy who solved the same issue by verifying the integrity of the cache, you can give it a go.

jmarcf

Club Captain
In the first link, there's a post by a guy who solved the same issue by verifying the integrity of the cache, you can give it a go.

Done that but no go :noway[DOUBLEPOST=1415596395][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm reinstalling it again. If that doesn't work I'll reinstall steam and try again

jmarcf

Club Captain
Another idea Ross what ports does DBC communicate on? Because if that doesn't work I try doing some port forwarding

jmarcf

Club Captain
btw Ross not sucking up but thanks to you and BigAnt's continued support for the PC. I can understand why some companies only release on console because of problems such as this one. Plus you seem like a decent guy for an Aussie :D:lol

I only wish you released it for a better OS like Linux :D

jmarcf

Club Captain
Re downloading and installing didn't work :( Backing up the game going to uninstall steam and try again. I will also test in a Virtual Machine to test if it's this PC.

jmarcf

Club Captain
Ok Update it worked in a Virtual Machine of course the graphics are stuffed but can load game as normal. Must be this installation of Window 7

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm surprised there hasn't been more hoohaa about the online only requirement. Sim City got panned so much for it they were forced to release an offline only patch..

Having just moved house and all stressed decided to settle down to some DBC, as I didn't have any internet yet, wow I got a rude surprise. Treated like a pirate before any proof I was one. The irony being had I actually pirated the game I'd have been able to play. If its the norm now, then fair enough, but a bit of a rude surprise

Users who are viewing this thread