PlanetCricket Ashes Cricket 2009 second Q&A

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
u guys didnt ask them the most important Q... AI gameplay How dose the AI team deal with targets ....:noway

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
^AI Question has already been answered in First Q&A If I remember correctly. According to developers' AI takes into the account the situation and responds in a realistic manner. Lets hope that is correct.

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
well i do remember that sam, but i thought they didnt really expalin that fully, yap just 18days to go lets hope for the best

10dulkar

Club Cricketer
HS: We've really tried to up the atmosphere of the game as well. This includes the crowd audio, the stadia, the cameras, the music (ODIs/20 Overs) and announcements playing through the speakers... cricket is a blast to play and watch, so we've tried to up the excitement and atmosphere over previous titles.

That sounds good.. Waiting to experience it...
Wonder what will they announce? player's name while going out to bat? If yes, then what will they announce for unlicensed players?

AG: But if you want my two cents: Ashes Cricket 2009 is the most comprehensive recreation of the sport to date. I’m not saying it is perfect, but it is certainly better than anything else out there.

That is honest answer... I'm having faith they will give us a perfect game in Future version...

piyumy

School Cricketer
Umpire Confidence Meter Bar (1st time in Cricket Game)

They should also add confidence meter for umpires. if gives right decision bar goes up as verify by hokeye & replay and go down by wrong decision. also a manual appeal button. also a keynote to appeal button is that, this button bonded with umpire confidence meter. e.g. if user appeals to much(to every ball) or for long duration. umpire comes in pressure(meter goes down slightly) and give decision that moment if decision is right umpire bar go up. but decision goes wrong bar goes down again. and if umpire has no confidence or less confidence. it may be give more notout decision.(this limits user for too much appealing, as this decision more applies to bowling team to lost a match)

they must add this feature for more enjoyment.

EarlCG

Club Cricketer
Nice to see another Q&A - the Transmission guys seem to talk a lot of sense to me. It's particularly interesting hearing about the amount of vetting the licences entail even with basic publicity material; I can understand why with all the hassle they describe. Plus the fact they're talking about a long term series sounds promising for the future.

I'm 22 yet my anticipation for the games release is rather embarrassingly approaching "10 year old on Christmas Eve" levels (I've been checking here and the Codies forum daily for quite some time) and, I'm pleased to say, *touch wood* I'm increasingly confident that my hopes are not misplaced.

Roll on the PC demo.

exprezzo

Club Cricketer
I wish someone would have asked if the PS3 version will be in Full HD...would look quite nice on my TV...*cough* HINT *cough*

I want to ask the same question.Is the PS3 version full HD?

dajesmac

Club Captain
They should also add confidence meter for umpires. if gives right decision bar goes up as verify by hokeye & replay and go down by wrong decision. also a manual appeal button. also a keynote to appeal button is that, this button bonded with umpire confidence meter. e.g. if user appeals to much(to every ball) or for long duration. umpire comes in pressure(meter goes down slightly) and give decision that moment if decision is right umpire bar go up. but decision goes wrong bar goes down again. and if umpire has no confidence or less confidence. it may be give more notout decision.(this limits user for too much appealing, as this decision more applies to bowling team to lost a match)

they must add this feature for more enjoyment.

Why would you want the game to deliberately get decisions wrong?

Besides, the science of it would get all tangled: you could argue that the more the fielders are appealing, the harder the umpire is concentrating and are more likely to get it right, and if you dont appeal for like 30 overs they could be more likely to give an incorrect decision as they haven't got their eye in.

piyumy

School Cricketer
Why would you want the game to deliberately get decisions wrong?

Besides, the science of it would get all tangled: you could argue that the more the fielders are appealing, the harder the umpire is concentrating and are more likely to get it right, and if you dont appeal for like 30 overs they could be more likely to give an incorrect decision as they haven't got their eye in.

its not deliberately to get wrong decisions. but to limit the user to not appeal on everyball. when manual appealing is enable.

and

the science behind this is to remove difficulty level from game. as game difficulty level depends on umpires decisions as real life.

piyumy

School Cricketer
Fielder Confidence Meter

Also this is a nice addition to the game. as auto fielding option.

Fielder take catches or drops ball and miss fields depends on his confidence meter.

dive catch = meter goes double up.
drop catch = meter goes single down.

so, user will place good fielders on imp. positions(take catches win matches) and that's make them to use field position freq.(most of users do not does) and see same shots again and again. but if you use set fields freq. new shots or give catch or fine fielding you can see from this.

my idea is to remove difficulty level from game and make difficulty level dynamic like real life game. where everything is depends on confidence of the players.

this makes gameplay on a uncertainty and unpredictable level of difficulty and you can see things happening all over the field.

thought all this after read the Q&A.

as they said game stats updates after every match. (like in BLC 99)

Users who are viewing this thread