Who should be the Australian Opener for ODIS?

Who should be the opener with Watson?

• Michael Clarke

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Michael Hussey

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • James Hopes

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Tim Paine

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • others

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

joshuaa21

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Clarke imo, great player, hes opened for Australia a few times before and probably would make quite good scores

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Michael Clarke from memory has a very good record opening for Australia, he's scored 2/3 100's iirc. I don't think it would be a good idea to take him out of the middle order though, Australia will need his experience with Ponting not playing.

I'd go with Paine tbh, from what I've read about him he's better suited building his innings rather then coming in and just hitting from the word go.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Paine would be the obvious choice. Maybe Hussey as he was an opener before playing for Australia.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Why is Shaun Marsh not there? He's a very talented opener and has a handy average of 41. Was very impressive last summer.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Paine would be the obvious choice. Maybe Hussey as he was an opener before playing for Australia.

Last time he opened for Australia in a ODI he didn't make too many, he was also in the same bad form he's had over the last month back then.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Has to be Paine hes too slow to bat anywhere else. He had a strike rate of 56 for Tassie this season in FRC so I don't want him batting at 6 or 7.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Marsh is pretty unlucky IMO. He wasn't that bad at all. Much safer than Warner:p

OffCutters

International Coach
Why isnt bloody Marsh in the ODI Squad? FFS Marsh would own, we need an opener anyway. But, due to the circumstances, I reckon Michael Clarke, he can open, and does a decent job at it.

nikhil_99

International Coach
IF Marsh is not there then they have no option but to go with M Clarke...

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Hopes would do a good job if we are chasing I think to get the innings going a bit. If we are batting first, then Paine. Bat Clarke at #3 until Ponting comes back.

I'll vote Hopes.

Users who are viewing this thread