Tour match thread -Scotland v Australia Aug 28

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I didn't think David Warner was over here, another failure though. Australia have given him his ODI debut a couple of years too early tbh.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
They keep missing the ball!

angryangy added 1 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Ah, finally someone works out how to put that to good use.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can we play you every week? This bowling attack is just too easy.

I know your players can't take hard bowling, but our this attack is even to hard for you to resist. So .... keep practising with Ireland first :p

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Scotland have impressed me so far even though they won't do it.

The male commentator is sooo boring and I'm suprised with the female commentator, she knows her stuff! Good to see there's a big crowd in.

Edit: Aw pooh, Watson out, he misread that completely

Last edited:

angryangy

ICC Chairman
It reminds me of how Shaun Tait got dropped down to C Grade in his early days playing for Sturt. He was playing B Grade and struggling, so they dropped him to C and he did just as bad. One of the SACA coaches went and had a look and realised that for a bowler of that pace, you also need high quality slips and reasonably good batsmen, otherwise you beat the bat a lot and when you do get a chance, it might be too fast for old Bill who is only standing in the slips because he has the legs of a pool table. The coach recommended Tait play some A Grade, where he took far more wickets.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Cameron White serves a purpose after-all, looks very good at slip. Michael Clarke making enough bowling changes? Just let Lee run wild and get himself a few.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Scotland have impressed me so far even though they won't do it.

The male commentator is sooo boring and I'm suprised with the female commentator, she knows her stuff! Good to see there's a big crowd in.

Edit: Aw pooh, Watson out, he misread that completely

The female commentator is Alison Mitchell.
The male commentator(s) are Craig Wright (former Scotland captain), Jonathan Agnew, Alec Stewart and Greg Blewett...

We're falling away a bit now. Can't Shane Watson bowl some more?

angryangy

ICC Chairman
It's weird to move into one dayers and the different expectations. Even for a game like this, it's still true enough that simply scoring runs and looking good while you're at it won't do the job. It's always possible to get out for a nice 30 or even a 50 and still finish up looking like a bit of a goose.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Hmm, not convinced by Paine's keeping. Moved incredibly slowly there, seemed to be on the balls of his feet and that resulted in very little foot movement. He seemed to react late to a couple of chances earlier in the game also.

Also, I don't get why bowlers feel the need to follow the batsman when they move that far outside leg-stump. If Lee had just bowled a full, yorker on the stumps he'd have got a wicket. Never understood that.

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
A collapse from Scotland, I dont think anyone is suprised tbh.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
One of those solid hit outs, Nannes did well on debut bowled more economical than the higher profile speedsters. Good to see Watson getting some overs and wickets under his belt.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
my 1st post on ashes section; Dirk Nannes plays for Aus too? :eek:

ajdude

International Coach
Yeah, was born in Australia, had a T20 bowling average of like, two through playing with Victoria, didn't get picked for the World T20. Raged, went to Dutchland, then Hilditch realised what a cockhead he was.

Also, Nannes conceeded 3 runs off his last four overs. (Y)

formula1man

International Cricketer
I think the selectors should really consider bringing Voges into the one day side. I know its already been announced but he is quite good.

Users who are viewing this thread