ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 - India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

piriyanth

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
-India vs South Africa will be a good match.

-Bangladesh are capable of upsetting the top 4 teams in the group.

-Ireland will put up a good fight .

-England and West Indies are unpredictable.

So definetly going to an interesting group.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
-India vs South Africa will be a good match.

-Bangladesh are capable of upsetting the top 4 teams in the group.

-Ireland will put up a good fight .

-England and West Indies are unpredictable.

So definetly going to an interesting group.

Yep. Group B is gonna have fireworks from Game 1. Its really gonna be hard work for people in Group B. I seriously hope Ireland make it to the next round. It should give cricket in Ireland a big boost :).

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
India better improve their fielding by the time this tournament comes up. Bring back people like Robin Uthappa, Irfan Pathan and Sreesanth who were an integral part of our 2007 T20 cup win. These guys are defo better than the guys who are right now in the team. Esp. Sree who is not picked because he is aggressive. I think Rohit Sharma might also be there if he can pick up his batting in ODI's because he is a very good fielder.

I dont want to see guys like Nehra and Munaf Patel anywhere near the world cup squad. Our fielding has to be top notch if we got to be there in the semifinals. By the time it comes, Sehwag and Gambhir should be the regular opening pair with Sachin batting at one down.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
can i open a T20 WC thread?

1st match is gona be great!

and whats up with this minnow bashing fixture? all the minnows play the big teams. what they want to get rid of them quickly? or something

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
can i open a T20 WC thread?

1st match is gona be great!

and whats up with this minnow bashing fixture? all the minnows play the big teams. what they want to get rid of them quickly? or something

Hey buddy. There already is a T20 WC thread open - http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...nts/icc-world-t20-2010-west-indies-60595.html !

I don't know about others but I'm really excited to see Group B full of super-competitive teams. Bangladesh, Ireland and Netherlands are more than minnows. This gonna be such an awesome World Cup. Action from the 1st game. Every game is gonna be a cliff-hanger, I reckon. Fantastic prospects for 50-over cricket :clap

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
India and Bangladesh are going to open the World Cup with their game being played at Mirpur, Bangladesh. Why couldnt it have been India vs England? That would be a high voltage start. Bangladesh is good, but I would have liked to see two big ticket teams clash in the opening fixture.

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

Its Bangladesh's world cup as well. They are also co-hosting. They have as much right to be in the opening match as India.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Its Bangladesh's world cup as well. They are also co-hosting. They have as much right to be in the opening match as India.

Why not Sri Lanka also then? Maybe Pakistan too because they are receiving the hosting fees?:sarcasm

P

pcfan123

Im just saying it has to be two host nations against each other. England is not a host nation.

Hmarka added 1 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Because they're not in the same pool as India.

And this as well.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Im just saying it has to be two host nations against each other. England is not a host nation.

Hmarka added 1 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

And this as well.

I feel one hosting nation playing the opening match is enough. I personally feel a high profile fixture like India vs England would be a good one to start off with.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I feel one hosting nation playing the opening match is enough. I personally feel a high profile fixture like India vs England would be a good one to start off with.

Sri Lanka V Pakistan would have been better, seeing as they're both sub-continent teams and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread