Super 8 Group E (Pakistan, New Zealand, South Africa, England)

P

pcfan123

Its not over till its over for Pakistan though.

I hate these cliches, this and "you never know which Pak will show up"

The times of all those cliches are over, Pakistan is a bottom 2-3 team. They are consistently below par, awful in all departments bar bowling.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
They will have to pull a rabbit out of their hat to get out of this mess. The way SA is playing I can't see Pakistan beating them and that ends any hope of them making it to the semis.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I cant see Pakistan beating even New Zealand. They might suffer the same fate India suffered in the last tournament where we lost all games in the Super Eights and quit the tournament.

P

pcfan123

This is basically a toss up between England and NZ. Whoever wins that game will join SA.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
england winning against pakistan, puts pressure on nz to win against pakistan tomorrow.

afridi118

International Coach
usa near washington dc baltimore maryland
south africa is a good team but looked little weak to me as if albie fails what will happen
and nzl also looked very weak then last year pakistan not a good team but you never no.
england and lets see who goes ??
as this group looks like a UN predictable.

ksduded

Club Cricketer
pak's poor fielding form has continued from the tour of Australia... won't get tired of saying the ol saying "catches win matches" whenever I see them play

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
With Sami and Asif out of sorts, I wish we had bought in Mohammad Irfan, Stupid Chairman :facepalm

Cant stress the importance of the game tomorrow. I dont have a positive feeling though. :(

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Now I see why the Paks stayed back and watched Sa v Eng game. They were freaking doing all that voodoo stuff.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We have two interesting matches left in this group - Everyone can still get through to the semis :)

If South Africa beat Pakistan then Pakistan are out. South Africa will not be through however - it depends on the other match. If England beat NZ then SA and England are through. If NZ beats England, then there are three teams tied on 2 wins, and NRR comes into play.

If Pakistan beat SA, the result of the other match determines who goes through. If NZ wins, then NZ and England both have 2 wins and will go through. If England wins, then there are three teams tied on 1 win and NRR determines who goes through

I think that covers all the combinations.

Chewie added 6 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

With Pietersen out though I fancy our chances of beating England :)

Chewie added 5 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Looking at current NRR, England are basically assured of making it through. And if Pakistan win and NZ lose, then they will make it through.

P

pcfan123

Trick will be to get Ryder out early. If England maintain this consistency then NZ should pose minimum threat. They have nothing special that South Africa does not. The only team Id be wary of is Australia.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Should be England and SA that go through going by the who beat who then should beat you theory.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
england look about the same as new zealand really even without pietersen but new zealand has beaten england consistently so this will probably be a close game hopefully someone from nz makes a 60-70.

Users who are viewing this thread