January 12th - 1st T20i England vs Australia @ Adelaide

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
By bowling short spells. Obviously he needs to work more on his fitness but if he only bowls 2 or 3 over spells then he will be fine.

ferg512

International Coach
I'm not sure but wasn't that what he was doing before and he still got injured??

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Tait looked tired after bowling his second over. What he will do in World Cup :facepalm

P

pcfan123

Well I was talking more about his fitness, he did only play 3 ODIs last year, and sure hes done great in twenty20s but I can't see how he is going to get through all these 50 over games against England and then the world cup without injury.

I've been saying this for a long time and it was proven last time around in India. Tait can't bowl 10 overs, especially in the SC. He's too much off a liability, especially cause you have to break up his spells in 2-3 overs. Weak stuff really, you're never going to out pace the batsmen on the SC wickets. You need to bowl to a plan and be wily like Zaheer Khan. Tait will get smashed in the WC

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Where the heck is Nannes? Tait is becoming very lazy. I saw old man Lee charging in and Tait was all... If he bowls 98-100 mph EVERY time, then I could deal with that, but he doesn't. No one should get tired playing T20.

On a similar note, why the innings break is so long? It's freaking T20. They are out there only for like an hour and 20 min. And they gets a half hr break!! There should be a 15 min break and that's it. Just keep up with the pace of the game.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
On a similar note, why the innings break is so long? It's freaking T20. They are out there only for like an hour and 20 min. And they gets a half hr break!! There should be a 15 min break and that's it. Just keep up with the pace of the game.

The break was 15 minutes. They left the field at 9pm AEST and came back at 9.15pm.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Yea CA website commentary shows they did. I didn't pay attention to it but it definitely wasn't a 30 minute break.

Sureshot

Executive member
Yea his bowling has been going ok since the T20 WC. But lets not forget in domestic cricket he is pretty much a top-order batsmen that bowls a bit.

In FC maybe, but definitely not in OD and T20 domestically. He had an eco rate of about 5.5 in T20 last year.

He's not played anything like as well as he can with the bat for England, bar a few ocassions. His T20 record with the bat isn't that bad. He has got out in some pretty sloppy fashion though for England.

McLovin - Sky commentators said there was a slight delay for some Channel Nine reasons iirc.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Ah. Because I am pretty sure it wasn't 15 min. They were out there, doing drills and stuff, but innings didn't start.

But my point was do they usually start the 2nd innings in 10-15 min?

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Watson bowled great in the last over. Can't really blame him for loosing the game. Lee didn't really help with his last over.

It was probably one of the best Twenty20 games I've ever seen. And I hate constant Twenty20, so coming from me that is quite a statement.

McLovin - Sky commentators said there was a slight delay for some Channel Nine reasons iirc.

I believe they reported some news on the Queensland floods. That's what the break was for.

midgetwars

Club Captain
Tait was as good as McGrath last world cup... Look at him now. And people wanted him to play in test matches...

Roofrom50

International Coach
There have been flood crisis in Australia over the last 2 weeks, they had a special bulletin on channel 9 through the break of the cricket. The break went for more then 15 minutes, or so it seemed

Users who are viewing this thread