WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We have done it :D Great way to boost, just before the World Cup

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Our middle order is just pathetic at the moment. Pietersen, Bell and Morgan using up a lot of balls in this series, without a decent score between them. I'd rather see Collingwood at 5 for the rest of the series. Yes, he may be out of form, but at least we know he has the ability to get Centuries, something which Bell and Pietersen lack at the moment. It seems to be either Trott getting runs, or we're in trouble. Worrying signs from Strauss as well.

Sureshot

Executive member
Collingwood couldn't score a century with a three foot wide bat. Nothing to say on the performance other than it was dire bar Woakes and most of the bowlers.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Collingwood couldn't score a century with a three foot wide bat. Nothing to say on the performance other than it was dire bar Woakes and most of the bowlers.
In your opinion.

The bloke is never going to find form batting at 7 and trying to score quickly, because he's walking in at 120-5 after 35 overs. In that batting lineup, he's the one with the most experience of scoring runs in that middle order, yet he doesn't get the chance to see if he can do it, because we have to watch Bell and Morgan take 60 balls to get to 30, before throwing it away. It's not like Bell and Morgan are so brilliant that Collingwood doesn't deserve a go.

Sureshot

Executive member
Because that was obviously a serious statement.

I agree, Colly should bat higher in the last two games, but I don't see him doing anything. He's mentally shot.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Is Tremlett really that suited to ODI cricket that you have to pick him every game?

Well in the 1st couple games he showed decent enough skill. Swung the new-ball & given his Joel Garner type height, he is a potential good death bowler. So IMO i can see Tremlett being part of ENGs ODI bowling attack in the coming years.

Just dont see those skills in Finn & never did.

Looking @ this ODI series. This is why 7 match ODI series, regardless of preparation for the WC should be scrapped. What more does ENG or AUS need to see about their sides after 5 ODIs really?.

Just getting more blokes injured. I reckon Simon Jones if the selectors could be called up for these last few ODIs TBH. For all those in ENG who saw him bowl in the caribbean T20 earlier this month, he was fairly impressive.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

Because that was obviously a serious statement.

I agree, Colly should bat higher in the last two games, but I don't see him doing anything. He's mentally shot.

That might well be true - the bit about the three foot bat as well - Colly's form is all over the place.

Well in the 1st couple games he showed decent enough skill. Swung the new-ball & given his Joel Garner type height, he is a potential good death bowler. So IMO i can see Tremlett being part of ENGs ODI bowling attack in the coming years.

Just dont see those skills in Finn & never did.

Looking @ this ODI series. This is why 7 match ODI series, regardless of preparation for the WC should be scrapped. What more does ENG or AUS need to see about their sides after 5 ODIs really?.

Just getting more blokes injured. I reckon Simon Jones if the selectors could be called up for these last few ODIs TBH. For all those in ENG who saw him bowl in the caribbean T20 earlier this month, he was fairly impressive.

I remember Simon Jones in the 2005 Ashes, he was immense. It would be great to see him back in the England setup.

Anyway, on this form, we don't stand a chance of winning the World Cup - bowling looks OK, but the batting is all over the place.

formula1man

International Cricketer
I figured out the role of smith in tests...

The North Role.

Crap Batting but sometimes decent score and rare bowler.

Haha exactly. actually I think Smith was a step back from North. I still believe North has a part to play in the Aus team. I think Marsh should be Australia's number 6, he can be our new finisher. in both tests and ODIs.

midgetwars

Club Captain
Haha exactly. actually I think Smith was a step back from North. I still believe North has a part to play in the Aus team. I think Marsh should be Australia's number 6, he can be our new finisher. in both tests and ODIs.

Smith's 21 and has done something that north didn't do in the tests. Score a 50.

England nearly did a sri lanka on australia. The bowlers don't know how to bowl against taileneders.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
To be fair, Lee did have Finn contorting all over the place without getting him out. It was mainly just Doug bowling in silly areas, particularly short outside off. It was a better performance than Sri Lanka if only because there was no spinner on.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Yep, there was a big difference between how Finn played Lee and how he played Doug. One he had respect for, one he didn't. Dougie almost doug(:p) his own grave with that spell for me.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Dougie needs to be bowled out well before the death overs, just not a death bowler. Watson and Lee are probably the best we got, Tait if he is on song.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
He's just bowling so short all the time. He's bowled like ten balls on the stumps all series.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The one good thing so far has been his pace which is getting back to where it should be. Thought he was running into some form after his 4 fer back as you mentioned he isn't hitting the right areas.

Roofrom50

International Coach
See the way that Dougy steams in when he's about to bowl. I know he is reaching the speeds, but maybe he is using too much energy in his run up. If you watch Watson compared to Bollinger, Watson is very casual in his approach before releasing the ball

Users who are viewing this thread