Australian Channel 9 World Cup Schedule

Robelinda

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well they have all the rights, what they show no-one will know for a little while. You would assume they'll show as much as previous world cups. Last WC in India they showed a match every day.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
I remember that 96 coverage - really good selection of games. But last world cup in West Indies it certainly wasn't that much. I think Channel Nine only showed the Super 8s and onwards. Maybe the match with SA in the first stage. But they certainly didn't show the Aus v Scotland or Netherlands games.

I doubt they show the unimportant Aussie games this time either. Especially since the games will start at 8pm AEST this time. That's the middle of prime time TV and I doubt Nine will want Zimbabwe, Kenya and Canada filling that. Hopefully they show the 2nd innings though, and the SL, NZ and Pak games might be a bit more lucrative.

It takes a month to get through all that so the first games they are probably guaranteed to show are the quarter finals: starting March 23.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I think Fox has rights to some games because I've seen ads for the World Cup. Maybe they are going to show the group stage games and hopefully the pick of the other games. I'd like to see highlights of most if not all games.

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I remember that 96 coverage - really good selection of games. But last world cup in West Indies it certainly wasn't that much. I think Channel Nine only showed the Super 8s and onwards. Maybe the match with SA in the first stage. But they certainly didn't show the Aus v Scotland or Netherlands games.

I doubt they show the unimportant Aussie games this time either. Especially since the games will start at 8pm AEST this time. That's the middle of prime time TV and I doubt Nine will want Zimbabwe, Kenya and Canada filling that. Hopefully they show the 2nd innings though, and the SL, NZ and Pak games might be a bit more lucrative.

It takes a month to get through all that so the first games they are probably guaranteed to show are the quarter finals: starting March 23.

Yeah last time it was only Australia's games. Though I guess they could show them on GO! or GEM

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Well I'm looking at the advance TV guide which goes up to Feb 19. Nine has the 7:30pm-2:15am slot on Feb 19 all To Be Announced at this stage. Dare I get excited and think it's going to be India v Bang in that slot? At least it's open, which means they are probably negotiating with Fox about what will be shown and making up their mind whether they want to show it or not.

Robelinda

International Coach
Fox are showing the warm up matches, THAT IS COOL! Couldnt care less what channel nine show, it wont be in HD anyway, bloody idiots.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I believe FOX might have the rights seeing as ESS have the entire ICC package in India. Owned by Murdoch-they would obviously transfer the rights to another channel in the same kitty.

P

pcfan123

I doubt it works that way, just because the won the rights to broadcast in one country does not mean they can use that feed to show people in other countries.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Fox are showing the warm up matches, THAT IS COOL! Couldnt care less what channel nine show, it wont be in HD anyway, bloody idiots.

That's a shame. Was it like that with The Ashes as well becuase I couldn't find anything in HD?

Robelinda

International Coach
Yeah Nine suck, none of the Ashes was in HD, but fox showed the highlights in HD, and Sky in the UK showed it in HD using Nine's cameras so Ch 9 can GO SUCK EGGS. Ch 10 have ditched their HD sport channel too, maybe there's not the audience they had hoped for.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
One HD is still there and I would have thought their sports interests are safe with James Packer's stake in the company. Ten recently brought in 11, but it is an SD multichannel.

Seven turned their HD channel into 7mate, but I suppose that is an image that allows them to culture viewer loyalty with people who want to see sport.

Nine did the same thing and even promised to show sport, but the problem is that their HD channel is largely just syndicated filler. They air HD content in SD on the main channel and pre-digital content on the HD channel. Apart from the odd, er, gem, it doesn't really show anything different to or better than GO.

They don't have the structure that Ten and ABC have and to be honest, their sport programming is really quite weak, even if they do have NRL and cricket. If it came to be up for grabs, I could see them losing it.

Robelinda

International Coach
Free to air has really lost the plot since digital. All these extra channels and they show repeats of crap shows, waste of space. Ch 10 had better show the IPL in HD this year.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I doubt it works that way, just because the won the rights to broadcast in one country does not mean they can use that feed to show people in other countries.

ESS don`t just have the rights in India, I believe they have the production rights for all ICC events as well.

Users who are viewing this thread