Mar 24 - Australia v India (Quarter-Final 2)

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Ponting will score a blistering ton. You heard it first right here folks :)

I really wish you were true . Even an Aussie defeat is fine with me if i happen to get the treat of watching this man's priceless innings for a long time . If he hits , it stays hit ! :)

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Lets hope both of our opener fire tomorrow. Aussie don't really have a plan B. They just gonna attack with express pace and mediocre spin of smith. I wont be surprised if this wicket gonna be a dust bowl :p

----------

I really wish you were true . Even an Aussie defeat is fine with me if i happen to get the treat of watching this man's priceless innings for a long time . If he hits , it stays hit ! :)

You'll get the priceless innings but not from the punter. It'll be someone from Indian Camp

BoomBoom

School Cricketer
I will be cheering up India for tomorrows match and i feel India have a better chance of winning though it will be a really tough match.
Indian bowling lineup is weak as compared to their strong batting line up.
So probably they should try 1 more bowler dropping out a batsman.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
ok, I'm making sure my tip is in. India should win this, their bowling is being under-rated, a tie and a last over pipping by south africa? If their bowling is awful then their batting must be making the better bowling attacks look equally awful.

against england imo they took their foot off their neck after the big first total. I doubt they will against australia.

australia beat pakistan 5 out of 5 12 months ago yet lost here. Pakistan haven't exactly been on an upward trajectory since then, so whether it's the conditions or the australian side is a little weaker than then I don't know, but it's a signifcant shift.

They'll fight like pack dogs, they always do, but it's india's to lose.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I hope Sehwag plays tomorrow. He is obviously a very main player of our side.

I feel Kohli should be promoted to bat at 1st down and Gambhir should bat at 2nd down. Kohli has been really good at 1st down and that's the place which suits him the best.

imo Yuvraj might have sown up the number 4 slot...

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
OK, many will be against India(Middle East & Pakistani + Australians) many will be against Australia (Mainly Indians :D) but everyone has to agree that this is the most epic match of all!!

Hope it lives upto the expectation of it of being a good game if not high scoring.

Hope India win but may the best team come out as winner

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
I'm really excited about this match, I just can't imagine the indian fans if they lose.
But I have a feeling India will win it comfortably chasing down a total of something near 250.
If our openers will be able to cope with the pace of the trio, which they are able and expected to then Australia will surely lose. We need a canada type start and Sehwag needs to be fit. But considering his poor record against the Aussies and still not fully fit, am not expecting much from him. I've a feeling that Raina or Kohli will come good in tomorrow's game. I expect Sachin to do his usual best because India needs it. Bowling I'd say is still underrated, Ashwin looked good in last match and Zak throughout the tournament, Bhajji has been good with the economy but not able to pick wickets. But he is the man who created pressure on batsmen and gave other bowlers the chance to pick wickets.

Instead of a thriller I'm expecting an easy Indian victory here.;)

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Oh god, I am so worried. The tension is too much.

TumTum

International Cricketer
Yeah we lost this match. Loss to Pakistan have opened the flood gates for more losses :noway

But I'm still betting all my vcash on Oz :spy

blazerix

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have a feeling Australia will come back strong after that loss to Pakistan. I hope I'm wrong though :yes

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
What I predict is an Indian win. When we take the history of Ricky Ponting's captaincy, in Sydney test, he was hungry for a single win, after which he din't mind losing one very badly!
So, as far as its concerned now, They've ended their winning streak in WC, so Ricky will not be as aggressive as he has been to Pakistan couple of nights before.

But, at the same time, its pretty difficult to predict the Australians in an ICC Event. Perfect example is the Champions Trophy 2009, where they won against Pakistan in last over with full of tension to secure Semi Final berth ahead of India. But in Semies and Finals, they out played England and New Zealand as easy as they could have a peg of beer.

What I smell is Australians bat first, score 250 or so. God of Cricket and King of Cricket will chase it in an easy note.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Im backing AUS big match record to come through in the end. Along with the fact that they haven't lost a completed ODI series in IND since 1998.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Don't have words to describe how excited I am for this game. Just hope it's a nail-biter and obviously want Australia to win, but won't be so disappointed if India gets through.. was expecting it would be their WC leading up anyway.

Would love to see Ponting and Tendulkar 100's too.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
I don't know who I want to win, this is nervous stuff.

I think we stand a better chance against India if we weren't playing in India. That's my problem

simsanta123

Club Cricketer
Yes and Kohli is a player who doesn't need much time to settle down. Whereas Gambhir is concern, he doesn't have the patience that is required at 1st down. So many times in the past, Gambhir looked well settled and then played a rash stroke and ended up giving away his wicket. I'm not saying that Gambhir is a bad batsman, he is a great talent but his position usually is opening and not 1st down. Kohli is a batsmen who should bat at 1st down for India, at least in this world cup.
In fact, Kohli is a player who need the most time to settle down. He is not a natural slogger. Once he builds his innings, he has the ability to carry on. But sending him after no.4 makes him useless.

Users who are viewing this thread